Medical Center on Navigator of the Seas? Allure?

I was not able to this important venue on the deck plans.  Where is the Medical Center on the Navigator of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas?  Do they have vending machines that dispense medicine for seasickness and upset stomachs?  Cost?

It is on Deck two on the Radiance class. But I don't see it on Deck 2 on Navigator, and Allure doesn't show Deck 2 on the deck plans, but it will be down there somewhere on Deck 1 or 2, and also listed in the compass. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Californian said:

Do they have vending machines that dispense medicine for seasickness and upset stomachs?  Cost?

Don't think so. You can get those from the little shop on board or the medical unit. Be prepared to pay more than on shore, though sea sick medicine is usually free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Californian said:

I was not able to this important venue on the deck plans.  Where is the Medical Center on the Navigator of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas?  Do they have vending machines that dispense medicine for seasickness and upset stomachs?  Cost?

And bring your own meds. You can get generic Bonine and Immodium on Amazon without having to visit the medical facility. 

During rough seas RCI gives out little packets (2 pills) of Meclizine...either at guest services or at the medical facility..never a charge for these.

However we bring our own Bonine.....easily purchased at Walmart or Target etc. Bonine doesn't have the drowsiness that Dramamine can have...for us personally.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

I´ve never seen any vending machines at the medical centers (and yes, every ship has one although not indicated on the deck plans). Usually you can buy some basic stuff in the logo shop.

steamboats

I have seen them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have seen them.

I have too. Serenade had a little vending machine in the waiting area for medical. It had basic small packets of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, some other things. I didn't pay attention to the cost. I noticed they had some other OTC things behind the counter inside medical, like cough syrup and Alka Seltzer. 

Bring your own medicine for diarrhea (i.e. Imodium) as this type of medicine is not sold on board unless you see the doctor/practitioner in the medical unit. If you present with diarrhea the medical officer may quarantine you if they suspect noro.

It’s smart to bring most of your own basic meds - headache stuff, tummy stuff (@xpcdoojk: if I haven’t checked my menus well enough to rule out lactose, I need the pink stuff if I want to leave the cabin! Not contagious), sunburn relief (we had to pay $15 for the last bottle on board a few years ago), seasickness stuff and I even carry a few barf bags. DD was breaking a migraine on  our first cruise and I needed a container of some sort...I bought a plastic beach bag which worked, but bringing from home is cheaper!  I also bring Benadryl. This way I have stuff right at hand to grab instead of going to find or buy some.

16 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

It’s smart to bring most of your own basic meds - headache stuff, tummy stuff (@xpcdoojk: if I haven’t checked my menus well enough to rule out lactose, I need the pink stuff if I want to leave the cabin! Not contagious), sunburn relief (we had to pay $15 for the last bottle on board a few years ago), seasickness stuff and I even carry a few barf bags. DD was breaking a migraine on  our first cruise and I needed a container of some sort...I bought a plastic beach bag which worked, but bringing from home is cheaper!  I also bring Benadryl. This way I have stuff right at hand to grab instead of going to find or buy some.

I travel with a small pharmacy...you never know.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 4:11 AM, forgotmyCCname said:

Bring your own medicine for diarrhea (i.e. Imodium) as this type of medicine is not sold on board unless you see the doctor/practitioner in the medical unit. If you present with diarrhea the medical officer may quarantine you if they suspect noro.

Yep! This!  My dad has celiac and he ate something that had gluten in it and wanted some Pepto from the gift shop.  They dont sell it there because they want you to go to the ship doc if you have those symptoms.  He had to quarantine for 24 hrs in his stateroom.  Lesson learned!  Definitely bring your own Pepto/Immodium/Bonine/Dramamine....basically allllll the meds.  They're double the price onboard usually.  It's always better to have it and not need it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeloreanGirl said:

Yep! This!  My dad has celiac and he ate something that had gluten in it and wanted some Pepto from the gift shop.  They dont sell it there because they want you to go to the ship doc if you have those symptoms.  He had to quarantine for 24 hrs in his stateroom.  Lesson learned!  Definitely bring your own Pepto/Immodium/Bonine/Dramamine....basically allllll the meds.  They're double the price onboard usually.  It's always better to have it and not need it.

When my daughter was 18 months she spit up some food in the nursery, the workers told us and said it seemed completely normal. But I then get a nightly call from medical for the next 3 days making sure she had no symptoms. She was teething bad on that cruise, but likely never got a fever, which was pretty normal for her while teething.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:59 AM, Ashland said:

During rough seas RCI gives out little packets (2 pills) of Meclizine...either at guest services or at the medical facility..never a charge for these.

However we bring our own Bonine.....easily purchased at Walmart or Target etc. Bonine doesn't have the drowsiness that Dramamine can have...for us personally.

Bonine has been our family go to for years too.  No drowsiness and works great.

• Like 1

like a few others, I too have seen the vending machine outside of the infirmary. 

How they are stocked is a hit and miss. I would not count on them to have what you need, Bring your own OTC meds...  

15 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

That's good, at least it provides an out to those who may have interpreted their mask rules differently. 

On 6/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, xpcdoojk said:

In other words hide your symptoms so you can spread it better?

Sometimes the advice given is a concern to me.  🤣😇

No. Most diarrhea is not contagious. New foods,  excess alcohol, etc are top reasons why people's bowels act up on vacation. If you are febrile or have stabbing pains please see the doctor. If you ate too many fried onions at Johnny Rockets- do you really want to be quarantined with your whole party while you are considered to have Noro???

Glad that you have an iron clad intestinal tract. Some of us don't.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, Ashland said:

I travel with a small pharmacy...you never know.

My wife has a handbag I swear is as large as a carry-on and in the event if I broke my arm or something she could cast it for me.  🙂

• Haha 1