Can’t believe the competition did it!

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

What makes the parent more selfish than the grandma cruising in your scenario? Should she stay home too? 🤷‍♂️

Honestly if you were willing to throw your grandmother under a bus for any reason, then you should all stay home and do family therapy. 😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I have young kids, and I 100% agree with you.

If a line says I can't go until my kids are vaccinated, then I cant go until they are vaccinated. I'm not so entitled and selfish that I will throw a hissy fit about it.

this is what I say also.  If my kids can’t go then I won’t go.  It’s up to the cruise lines to make their policy and we have to live with it.  We don’t have to like what they decide either way.  If they exclude kids then I won’t go in October....If they allow kids there will be people who don’t want to go because they are scared.  There isn’t a once size fits all approach here...:people are going to get angry no matter what their policy is. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

What makes the parent more selfish than the grandma cruising in your scenario? Should she stay home too? 🤷‍♂️

Not if she's vaccinated, which is what the whole debate is about.

26 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I have an October cruise with our two kids (5 and 2) booked out of Galveston and one in December for just me and the wife out of Miami.  I am vaccinated...the wife is vaccinated...obviously the kids aren’t.  I don’t care if people are or aren’t.  It should be their decision to do what’s best for them and what they think/believe.  If companies want to say you must be vaccinated to use our product then so be it....it’s their company and they have to live with the repercussions either way.  What I have a problem with is government mandates and people pawning off their ideas on others. 

Fair enough...I never cruised with my kids when they were under 25....

We have 4 cabins (big family trip) booked on the Allure Sept 19 out of Port of Canaveral...all 8 vaxxed, I hope we don't have to live with mask mandates.  

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Fair enough...I never cruised with my kids when they were under 25....

We have 4 cabins (big family trip) booked on the Allure Sept 19 out of Port of Canaveral...all 8 vaxxed, I hope we don't have to live with mask mandates.  

i don’t want to wear a mask either.  We took our 5 year old on a Hawaii cruise when he was 2.5. He did great on the cruise....the flight to Honolulu is a different story after the 6th hour.  

im only talking ***** here to give the other side of the argument view.  Seems a lot of the posters on here are on sides and that’s the only way they are willing to see things. 

I believe those who are booked on carnival in July rcvd this in an email. Vaccine Exemption Communication

https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-update?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=060821&fbclid=IwAR2CFNg6nOkqGveacR4li7dyYtiqJg4q4hTQ0kWEzlTgBmnVoccKaw9MrZc                                

VACCINE EXEMPTION COMMUNICATION

The CDC’s guidelines for operating a highly-vaccinated cruise provide the ability to accommodate a small number of unvaccinated guests (children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated and exemptions as required by federal law) on restricted voyages, based on the total number of vaccinated guests on board. If you would like to be considered because a member of your traveling party is unvaccinated and meets this criteria, please complete the information below to receive a follow-up communication with the requirements to be considered and the specific protocols you will be required to observe.

All fields with * are required

* Primary Contact Name
* Contact Phone Number
* Contact Email
* Booking Number
SUBMIT REQUEST
Edited by EmmasNana
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dominicr said:

i don’t want to wear a mask either.  We took our 5 year old on a Hawaii cruise when he was 2.5. He did great on the cruise....the flight to Honolulu is a different story after the 6th hour.  

im only talking ***** here to give the other side of the argument view.  Seems a lot of the posters on here are on sides and that’s the only way they are willing to see things. 

I can imagine that plane ride.  🙂

We wanted to book Celebrity, but we have 4 under 28 going and thought Royal would be a better ship for everyone.  

re masks, etc...things are changing very fast..I just hope that cruising gets back started without any big issues.  

38 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

If grandma is vaccinated she is perfectly fine to cruise. 

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TrustMeIMaGator said:

Royal is following the lead of Celebrity for sailings out of Florida. This means you don't have to show you are vaccinated, but if you don't it will be assumed you are unvaccinated and require additional tests and protocols.

That is my hope on the Sept sailings....

IMHO the Florida "rule" is to keep grocery stores, etc from not selling to folks who have not been vaccinated. That's my simple take on it anyways.   We shall see if it has any effect on cruises.  I for one, do not think it will.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Everyone (myself included) said they would never do it, age ineligible children excluded. 

Carnival has announced for July embarkation from Galveston, anyone not vaccinated (INCLUDING CHILDREN) will be denied boarding. 
Children also excluded from Alaska itineraries for the 2020 season. 

They are clowns! Watch them fail! 🤡

3 hours ago, dominicr said:

So if they can exclude kids then they should exclude anyone with health conditions or anyone over 50.  This is so stupid.  

Carnival has made a very wise decision, they are enabling their vaccinated to passengers to have a enjoyable cruise unencumbered by COVID protocols. When you're coming out of a pandemic that has killed 600K Americans you do the responsible thing and only cruise with people who have been vaccinated for a deadly virus, it's that simple. 

It's not stupid it's sensible. 

Jonathan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

States very clearly, kids will not be boarded. 

87DE550A-CE77-4B6D-BAF0-0CFDE1910E3F.thumb.jpeg.1f569e8f7d03491878d9745f51487f5b.jpeg

The letter to guests was just sent out last night with a link to the exception submission form. Perhaps the website is not up to date yet or it may not be updated to reflect the letter sent to guests. However, the letter does make it pretty clear that they are looking to accommodate a small number of unvaccinated passengers.

Edited by Keys2Heaven
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

If grandma is vaccinated she is perfectly fine to cruise. 

Jonathan

This grandma was vaccinated in Jan/Feb with Moderna, and just tested positive for Covid yesterday. I am a pretty healthy 70 yo, with no underlying conditions and a normal BMI. Probably got a variant from daughter. Luckily, being vaxxed, I am having mild cold like symptoms (lost taste today). There are definitely no absolutes with this dang virus. 

Wonder if anybody here knows anyone else that has been a breakthrough case?

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This grandma was vaccinated in Jan/Feb with Moderna, and just tested positive for Covid yesterday. I am a pretty healthy 70 yo, with no underlying conditions and a normal BMI. Probably got a variant from daughter. Luckily, being vaxxed, I am having mild cold like symptoms (lost taste today). There are definitely no absolutes with this dang virus. 

Sorry to hear you caught COVID. Hope you recover quick. 

Feel better. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That is my hope on the Sept sailings....

IMHO the Florida "rule" is to keep grocery stores, etc from not selling to folks who have not been vaccinated. That's my simple take on it anyways.   We shall see if it has any effect on cruises.  I for one, do not think it will.  

No need for hope, it was officially announced earlier today. There is a blog that I don't think I can link to from here that has verified the new change.

Hawaii is set to go to ZERO restrictions once 70% are vaccinated.  I plan on enjoying my reduced restrictions on Adventure!  Thank you Bahamas for requiring vaccinations.

Now if Disney cruise line would have adult only sailings...one can dream.

5 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Hawaii is set to go to ZERO restrictions once 70% are vaccinated.  I plan on enjoying my reduced restrictions on Adventure!  Thank you Bahamas for requiring vaccinations.

Now if Disney cruise line would have adult only sailings...one can dream.

I see what you did there.image.thumb.jpeg.a51e7475c4e3e08a8f30999dfa5404e2.jpeg

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

Notice most (if not all) people who complain about a policy are those that are affected by it? Humans are just selfish creatures. We will throw grandma under the bus if it means my (kid, un-vaccinated family member, dog, etc) gets to cruise.

I especially love when we don't get what we want, the first reaction is to say why someone else should suffer too....misery loves company

Don't forget to mention that the people demanding everyone get vaccinated are mostly doing so because they feel it will interrupt their cruise. The selfish nature knows no boundary. 

I don't think anyone is saying grandma should be thrown under a bus. If we know grandma is a high risk, I think most of us agree that grandma should be vaccinated. The debate from there seems to be that somehow, that's not good enough for grandma.

1 hour ago, kdnurs said:

CHILDREN have died and are still dying from COVID-19...where have you been hiding. Heaven forbid it should ever be a child in your family and I bet you would sing a different song....so sad to have read your comment. 

No COVID thread is complete without a tear-jerking, emotional argument, devoid of fact.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dominicr said:

I didn’t say they can’t get covid.  They haven’t been dying from it is what I said.  Also, there is nothing out there that says kids are the spreaders.  The places that have been the most restrictive have been the worst hit places.  

Kids have died...just not in the numbers of other age groups. Surprised you haven't heard of children dying...but many of us have.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Kids have died...just not in the numbers of other age groups. Surprised you haven't heard of children dying...but many of us have.

19 children have died as of today's statistics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Don't forget to mention that the people demanding everyone get vaccinated are mostly doing so because they feel it will interrupt their cruise. The selfish nature knows no boundary. 

I don't think anyone is saying grandma should be thrown under a bus. If we know grandma is a high risk, I think most of us agree that grandma should be vaccinated. The debate from there seems to be that somehow, that's not good enough for grandma.

No COVID thread is complete without a tear-jerking, emotional argument, devoid of fact.

There is plenty of selfishness on both sides of this argument. But people are too blind to see the other's perspective (hence, the selfishness, it's a vicious circle)

As for grandma, it was just an expression...I don't really know how to follow up on what people do or don't want to do with Grandma, vaccinated or not....