Can’t believe the competition did it!

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Read post #1 just like everyone else. 

Honestly I'm just trying to give some feedback that could help your readers. You probably spend a lot of time on these boards. I do.  I don't post as much as some others, but I do count on these boards for helpful information.  I also look at a number of cruiseline threads and sailing boards such as "meet and mingle".  Being able to tell from the title whether a thread is of interest to me saves a lot of time.  I don't believe we should have to click on a thread to see what it's really about, and honestly don't understand why people post that way.  

6 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Quick...let's all act surprised ;).

Again....I kid....I kid.

However.....to be blunt.  The market of people WITH a vaccine who are willing to cruise with unvaccinated passengers is significantly larger than the market of people with a vaccine only willing to cruise if everyone is vaccinated 😉 😉 😉

That is not the impression I'm getting from reading these cruise forums unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Edited by coffeebean

45 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Although not a major cruise line, MSC isn't requiring vaccinations.

Here's MSC protocols in action this week on the Seaside with positive tests:

"Two passengers tested positive for the coronavirus during routine checks aboard a Mediterranean cruise this week, MSC Cruises said.

The passengers, who were asymptomatic, got their positive test results on Monday, according to MSC Cruises spokesman Luca Biondolillo. They were not traveling together on the MSC Seaside. Biondolillo said the individuals and their traveling groups, as well as close contacts, were immediately isolated, and no one aside from the original two passengers tested positive.

According to the Times of Malta, the vessel was not allowed to make a regular call in Malta’s Valletta cruise port Monday. Instead, Biondolillo said, the ship made a “technical call” — where passengers don’t disembark — and then resumed its regular schedule with a stop in Sicily.

Both passengers and their parties left the ship in Siracusa, on the island of Sicily, and were taken home “by protected MSC Cruises transport” Tuesday, the cruise company said. The ship continued its normal schedule after the Siracusa stop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/06/09/msc-cruise-covid-passenger-italy/

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

Honestly I'm just trying to give some feedback that could help your readers. You probably spend a lot of time on these boards. I do.  I don't post as much as some others, but I do count on these boards for helpful information.  I also look at a number of cruiseline threads and sailing boards such as "meet and mingle".  Being able to tell from the title whether a thread is of interest to me saves a lot of time.  I don't believe we should have to click on a thread to see what it's really about, and honestly don't understand why people post that way.  

Thanks for the feedback, but the post was titled to create curiosity; it was successful. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, knight2096 said:

100 percent with Royal on this, Carnival will not get my money.

As a RCCL Diamond Plus member, they will NOT get my money. I can not express how disappointed I am in this company. Not requiring proof of vaccination to assure their ships cruise with at least 95% vaccinated passengers is irresponsible.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Here's MSC protocols in action this week on the Seaside with positive tests:

"Two passengers tested positive for the coronavirus during routine checks aboard a Mediterranean cruise this week, MSC Cruises said.

The passengers, who were asymptomatic, got their positive test results on Monday, according to MSC Cruises spokesman Luca Biondolillo. They were not traveling together on the MSC Seaside. Biondolillo said the individuals and their traveling groups, as well as close contacts, were immediately isolated, and no one aside from the original two passengers tested positive.

According to the Times of Malta, the vessel was not allowed to make a regular call in Malta’s Valletta cruise port Monday. Instead, Biondolillo said, the ship made a “technical call” — where passengers don’t disembark — and then resumed its regular schedule with a stop in Sicily.

Both passengers and their parties left the ship in Siracusa, on the island of Sicily, and were taken home “by protected MSC Cruises transport” Tuesday, the cruise company said. The ship continued its normal schedule after the Siracusa stop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/06/09/msc-cruise-covid-passenger-italy/

So a port refused to allow passengers to disembark due to 2 unvaxxed passengers tested positive.  A whole ship missed part of their itinerary due to 2 positive tests.  Luckily the other ports did allow them to disembark.

But Isn't that exactly what everyone is saying they don't want to happen to their cruises if there are unvaxxed passengers on it? That they will miss ports or their cruise will be cancelled. The Caribbean Islands don't have the kind of health systems Italy has so may be more likely to not allow passengers off the ship. Now we have concrete proof denial of disembarkation of an entire ship due to a couple of covid cases can and will happen.  Makes for a much stronger case to require vaccinations.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

That is not the impression I'm getting from reading these cruise forums unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Small Vocal Minority

There are 3 types of cruisers

1. Will cruise without a vaccine (because they either had Covid, had medical tings preventing it, have religious objects to the aborted fetal tissue in it, are too young, or generally speaking just don't want it because they evaluated their personal risk profile and there is nothing in it for them.

2. Will cruise with a vaccine and don't care about anybody else because, well, they have the vaccine.

3. Will cruise, but only if everyone on the boat has it too and will NOT get on a boat otherwise

If you think group 3 is larger than group 1 and 2.....I have a nice bridge for sale that you may be interested in 😉

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cured said:

So a port refused to allow passengers to disembark due to 2 unvaxxed passengers tested positive.  A whole ship missed part of their itinerary due to 2 positive tests.  Luckily the other ports did allow them to disembark.

But Isn't that exactly what everyone is saying they don't want to happen to their cruises if there are unvaxxed passengers on it? That they will miss ports or their cruise will be cancelled. The Caribbean Islands don't have the kind of health systems Italy has so may be more likely to not allow passengers off the ship. Now we have concrete proof denial of disembarkation of an entire ship due to a couple of covid cases can and will happen.  Makes for a much stronger case to require vaccinations.

It is not going to be that much fun going to the ports at twice the price in a bubble either.

Anyone who thinks that this cruise season is going to be like 2019 is guilty of wishful thinking

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is not going to be that much fun going to the ports at twice the price in a bubble either.

Anyone who thinks that this cruise season is going to be like 2019 is guilty of wishful thinking

Well solo I often do cruise excursions, but during hurricane season, I'm as worried I'd miss a port due to a hurricane sept 11 cruise as from covid. Luckily been to all ports before, though I am hoping for a speed boat excursion in cozumel, but I guess it's ok if I miss it.

Both of my first two have cheers package so I can always try out new drinks. 

I'm pretty good no matter what happens tbh. ..though I'd prefer no hurricane hits Galveston as I lost my car to hurricane Ike while on a cruise. I'm surprised so many are so upset tbh. I think quite a few should stay home if their worry level is so high. Bring it on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cured said:

Exactly! It will be very interesting to see what, if anything, they'll be doing differently with their ships in the US. 

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

Although not a major cruise line, MSC isn't requiring vaccinations

Isn't MSC the 4th largest Cruise Line company in the world? (Behind Carnival, Royal, & NCL)? Do we just assume it's not major because they don't have a super large US presence?

Edit: I just looked it up. They are the 3rd largest, slightly bigger than NCL.

Edited by jrapps
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Small Vocal Minority

There are 3 types of cruisers

1. Will cruise without a vaccine (because they either had Covid, had medical tings preventing it, have religious objects to the aborted fetal tissue in it, are too young, or generally speaking just don't want it because they evaluated their personal risk profile and there is nothing in it for them.

2. Will cruise with a vaccine and don't care about anybody else because, well, they have the vaccine.

3. Will cruise, but only if everyone on the boat has it too and will NOT get on a boat otherwise

If you think group 3 is larger than group 1 and 2.....I have a nice bridge for sale that you may be interested in 😉

I beg to differ. While the poll created on this forum asking "Would You Get a COVID Vaccine in order to Sail"? represents just a small sample it is clear that the majority of cruisers are opting for vaccinations 794 to 220. 

Jonathan 

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

Isn't MSC the 4th largest Cruise Line company in the world? (Behind Carnival, Royal, & NCL)? Do we just assume it's not major because they don't have a super large US presence?

Actually MSC is technically the third largest cruise line if you measure by fleet size. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mek said:

Once vaccinated, older people have not been dying.  Kids may never have been at risk of serious illness, but they do contract Covid and can be spreaders.  I have 2 kids under 10 in my family that had Covid, so it does happen.

While their parents were really sick, the kids only had bad colds, but they still were contagious.

So you have two kids and then their parents..... so which is it?

2 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

"Can't Believe the Competition Did It" -----  Did what?  

I thought he should have named the thread Ooops they did it again, like the song.

The competition awaited for rcl reaction, and said we better go vaxxed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

I beg to differ. While the poll created on this forum asking "Would You Get a COVID Vaccine in order to Sail"? represents just a small sample it is clear that the majority of cruisers are opting for vaccinations 794 to 220. 

Jonathan 

That poll was for an individual getting a vaccine to cruise.  Not "Would you cruise with other unvaccinated passengers?"

Or "Would you cruise unvaccinated if there were tighter restrictions placed on you?"

I see what dodgestang is saying.  RCI has put their approach out there and so has CCL.  Each pax has to decide if they are comfortable with that.  

We are vaccinated and booked for October.  Procedures, guidelines, requirements will change by then, if we get to cruise at all.  But we have decided we are comfortable with what RCI is expecting to do at this point.  If another passenger doesn't feel comfortable with their approach, they can try a competitor or a different vacay more suitable to their risk tolerance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

That poll was for an individual getting a vaccine to cruise.  Not "Would you cruise with other unvaccinated passengers?"

Or "Would you cruise unvaccinated if there were tighter restrictions placed on you?"

I see what dodgestang is saying.  RCI has put their approach out there and so has CCL.  Each pax has to decide if they are comfortable with that.  

We are vaccinated and booked for October.  Procedures, guidelines, requirements will change by then, if we get to cruise at all.  But we have decided we are comfortable with what RCI is expecting to do at this point.  If another passenger doesn't feel comfortable with their approach, they can try a competitor or a different vacay more suitable to their risk tolerance.

I am well aware of the what the poll's question was. My point is there is large appetite for people who will get vaccinated to cruise compared to those who won't. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

15 hours ago, dominicr said:

So if they can exclude kids then they should exclude anyone with health conditions or anyone over 50.  This is so stupid.  

No it isn’t. They are trying to do everything they can to prevent any big outbreaks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dominicr said:

yes I am.  Kids haven’t been dying so they should be allowed to go.  Older people have been so they should stay home.  

Older people who have had the vaccine aren’t dying of covid or very few are. Children are big carriers and they have also died from it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dominicr said:

I didn’t say they can’t get covid.  They haven’t been dying from it is what I said.  Also, there is nothing out there that says kids are the spreaders.  The places that have been the most restrictive have been the worst hit places.  

Where have you been all this time? It has been said over and over that kids are big spreaders. Why else do you think schools have been shut down?

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought it was 70🤔

Didn’t they change that?

14 hours ago, cruisegoal100 said:

It's sad that Royal Caribbean apparently will be the only major cruise line that will sail from the US without requiring proof of vaccination. Our concern is simply that unvaccinated cruisers will now be encouraged to cruise Royal which could create a less safe environment on these cruises.

Carnival has a spine.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1