Can’t believe the competition did it!

Everyone (myself included) said they would never do it, age ineligible children excluded. 

Carnival has announced for July embarkation from Galveston, anyone not vaccinated (INCLUDING CHILDREN) will be denied boarding. 
Children also excluded from Alaska itineraries for the 2020 season. 

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Everyone (myself included) said they would never do it, age ineligible children excluded. 

Carnival has announced for July embarkation from Galveston, anyone not vaccinated (INCLUDING CHILDREN) will be denied boarding. 

I am really surprised. 

Royal will pick up all the Carnival, NCL, Celebrity business from families with young children, or not-vaccinated adults.  As the polls show, some CC cruisers are/have canceled due to lack of starting vaccine mandate on Royal.   They will be replaced by the excluded Carnival and NCL families.   

My guess - instead of Royal sailing estimated 90% (per Fain) vaccinated, they may initially sail with 70%.  Just a guess on my part.   July sailings are family summer vacations.  Royal is only line allowing young families at this point. 

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I am really surprised. 

Royal will pick up all the Carnival, NCL, Celebrity business from families with young children, or not-vaccinated adults.  As the polls show, some CC cruisers are/have canceled due to lack of starting vaccine mandate on Royal.   They will be replaced by the excluded Carnival and NCL families.   

My guess - instead of Royal sailing estimated 90% (per Fain) vaccinated, they may initially sail with 70%.  Just a guess on my part.   July sailings are family summer vacations.  Royal is only line allowing young families at this point. 

But aren't they still sailing at a reduced capacity?  If that is the case then it makes no difference if the families who can't sail on other lines want to go to Royal.  If the ships are full, then they won't be able to book.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mek said:

But aren't they still sailing at a reduced capacity?  If that is the case then it makes no difference if the families who can't sail on other lines want to go to Royal.  If the ships are full, then they won't be able to book.

I agree, I doubt there are any significant number of berths available for the summer. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

What was it that Jimmy Fallon said the other night? "You know you messed up when Carnival is suddently the classy cruise line."

Good for Carnival. I might go look at what is available since I have canceled all my Royal Caribbean cruises till this mess settles down.

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I am really surprised. 

I highly doubt that.  Carnival cruisers (me included in the past) tend to book Carnival because they like the less expensive cruises that Carnival offers.

Fain has said that there will be a financial cost added for cruisers who choose to sail unvaccinated.

Depending on how high the financial penalty will be for unvaccinated cruisers, I can't see many Carnival cruisers willing to pay extra to cruise on unvaccinated on Royal Caribbean.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I am really surprised. 

I thought they are allowed to sail at 70% by what the CDC has said.

14 minutes ago, cured said:

What was it that Jimmy Fallon said the other night? "You know you messed up when Carnival is suddently the classy cruise line."

Good for Carnival. I might go look at what is available since I have canceled all my Royal Caribbean cruises till this mess settles down.

LOL - I simply don't plan on cruising at all until this mess settles down.  People act as if there are no other vacation options available.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

From the letter I read to guests about the Galveston sailing, there is that 5% exemption (kids under 12, or those that can't be vaccinated for whatever reason) that you can ask Carnival for. So, these sailings won't be entirely kid free (my opinion).

We have to remember that cruising is not fully open and it is more important right now to start sailing, vetting protocols and ensuring that cruising is safe, even more so than before the pandemic.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Keys2Heaven
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dominicr said:

So if they can exclude kids then they should exclude anyone with health conditions or anyone over 50.  This is so stupid.  

Oh yes. That is so the same. You ARE aware of what’s been going on in the world the last 15 months, right?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

From the letter I read to guests about the Galveston sailing, there is that 5% exemption (kids under 12, or those that can't be vaccinated for whatever reason) that you can ask Carnival for. So, these sailings won't be entirely kid free (my opinion).

We have to remember that cruising is not fully open and it is more important right now to start sailing, vetting protocols and ensuring that cruising is safe, even more so than before the pandemic.

States very clearly, kids will not be boarded. 

87DE550A-CE77-4B6D-BAF0-0CFDE1910E3F.thumb.jpeg.1f569e8f7d03491878d9745f51487f5b.jpeg

11 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Man oh man. I wish Royal Caribbean did this. Good job, Carnival. 

Agree, and I'm booked on Sept 19 2021 cruise out of Port Canaveral.  4 Cabins.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

Children are not responsible. They depend on adults to protect them.  Unvaccinated children are at risk.  Please don’t put them in risky situations.  Unvaccinated children shouldn’t cruise this year.  Keep them safe.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Oh yes. That is so the same. You ARE aware of what’s been going on in the world the last 15 months, right?

yes I am.  Kids haven’t been dying so they should be allowed to go.  Older people have been so they should stay home.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dominicr said:

yes I am.  Kids haven’t been dying so they should be allowed to go.  Older people have been so they should stay home.  

Kids have died from COVID. They’re not immune. 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Once vaccinated, older people have not been dying.  Kids may never have been at risk of serious illness, but they do contract Covid and can be spreaders.  I have 2 kids under 10 in my family that had Covid, so it does happen.

While their parents were really sick, the kids only had bad colds, but they still were contagious.

Edited by mek
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, mek said:

Once vaccinated, older people have not been dying.  Kids may never have been at risk of serious illness, but they do contract Covid and can be spreaders.  I have 2 kids under 10 in my family that had Covid, so it does happen.

I didn’t say they can’t get covid.  They haven’t been dying from it is what I said.  Also, there is nothing out there that says kids are the spreaders.  The places that have been the most restrictive have been the worst hit places.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

States very clearly, kids will not be boarded. 

87DE550A-CE77-4B6D-BAF0-0CFDE1910E3F.thumb.jpeg.1f569e8f7d03491878d9745f51487f5b.jpeg

Actually......before you can conclude that....I think you need to also see the * call out that would be in the footer somewhere and see what qualifiers they are attaching.

carnivalhealthprotocols1-775x500.webp

*With certain exemptions required by law  (so not quite so open and shut I think)

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dominicr said:

I didn’t say they can’t get covid.  They haven’t been dying from it is what I said.  Also, there is nothing out there that says kids are the spreaders.  The places that have been the most restrictive have been the worst hit places.  

Cruises by nature are pretty restricted places...I'd like to see the restart go as smoothly as possible..

What cruises are you booked on this year?  I assume that's why your fairly vocal about kids cruising...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I understand what the mortality rate is for children. That is not the point. “Older people” on these cruises will be vaccinated. Children under 16/12 will not be. Carnival has made a decision to limit those who have not been vaccinated because other protocols must apply to them and they do not want to manage that process. They have made a business decision. It is their right to do so in order to restart cruising in a safe manner. That is the point. 

• Like 5