How to Expedite Diamond Plus?

10 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Let's hope so.  I know I have not been alone in complaining about the over crowding in the suite lounges due to what is often large numbers of non-suite guests.  If Royal wants to continue to sell a premium product, they need to address this issue.

I haven’t seen that much overcrowding of suite lounge but did find it annoying my first time in a grand suite and couldn’t find a chair in concierge lounge, that’s why I believe they have created so many suite lounges which should only have grand suites passengers and Pinnacles.

IME it's wholly dependent on the LA of the cruise you seek to be prematurely elevated.

Premature in the sense the points have not naturally posted to your account in the normal timeframe.

If that LA is willing to put in the legwork which involves emailing HQ and waiting for their reply to confirm your last cruise and the points that will be earned, then you may be good.  However the LA isn't required to do that by any stretch so all you can do is hope.  I think you'll find most people including myself have had good success for these types of efforts in the past.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

now I'm just going to book suites....problem solved.

This is precisely how I got into the suites-only mode.  I'm sure Royal is delighted to hear that their little plan is working perfectly.  LOL  Just kidding...not kidding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Last time I cruise they weren't

We were on Explorer in October 2019 and visited the CL as a D+.

The lounge was never full during the 7 night cruise.

Some CLs have been moved and extra cabins put in where the CL was and a new SL is sited elsewhere usually deck 14 next to the VCL.

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

Edited by grapau27

We contacted the Loyalty Ambassador, and received our new ship cards under our door.   One of them still showed the old level, so DH had to brave Guest Relations.  With over 700 Diamonds on our first cruise, the Diamond Event had to be moved to the aft theatre.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:09 AM, molly361 said:

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador when you get onboard for the second one and they will take care of it for you

This. We turned Diamond on the first week of a b2b, and the Loyalty Ambassador took care of everything.