Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you know if Princess gives a free bottle of wine for Specialty dining on the first night?

Carnival does. First and sometimes the second also. We always book the first. If you do not like the wine you can purchase your choice at 50% off. Never did a Princess cruise that offered that.

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking about letting you wallow in your laziness, but I lost the coin toss.  😉

• SO, I am going to assume you know how to launch DMW in MC App.
  • Next, select Individual Evenings Review & Book (words to that effect).
  • The System will display your existing dining bookings, beginning with first cruise evening and you can swipe right-to-left through the dates of your voyage to get to the evening you want to book a SR.
  • For that evening, you can make an override dining res or book a SR.  The System will offer you the SR's on your ship and you select an available time.  The SR time-slots are every 20 minutes from 5:30pm, so they are at different times than Main Dining.

I am sorry to bother you again but I still need help.

I did everything you said above and still cannot get the app to allow me to make the 2 specialty reservations. It will not all me to add a reservation. Do you think this has something to do with CC?

Thank you in advance

Kathy

38 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I did everything you said above and still cannot get the app to allow me to make the 2 specialty reservations. It will not all me to add a reservation. Do you think this has something to do with CC?

Thank you in advance

Kathy

Go on the web site and do it.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, rabin1 said:

I am sure this is told in one of these 35 pages but I am too lazy to read them all.

Please explain to me how to book specialty restaurants. I guess I am dumber than I thought............lol

Thank you

Kathy

How far out is your cruise?

6 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Thank you in advance

Kathy

If by "CC", you mean Credit Card, that might be an issue for sure.  Have you entered a valid CC in your MC App profile so that Princess has an authorized card for your shipboard account? 

Otherwise, I am not sure since you have access to DMW.  With access to DMW, IDK why one feature wouldn't work.  If you wanted to, are you able to add a res for regular dining room any evening?  You can pretend to look for a new time for a night and see if it offers up options.  If that doesn't work either, then something else wrong.  Thinking you need to contact the Ocean Medallion team.

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If by "CC", you mean Credit Card, that might be an issue for sure.  Have you entered a valid CC in your MC App profile so that Princess has an authorized card for your shipboard account? 

Otherwise, I am not sure since you have access to DMW.  With access to DMW, IDK why one feature wouldn't work.  If you wanted to, are you able to add a res for regular dining room any evening?  You can pretend to look for a new time for a night and see if it offers up options.  If that doesn't work either, then something else wrong.  Thinking you need to contact the Ocean Medallion team.

No sorry meant Club Class

Thank you

24 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

No sorry meant Club Class

Thank you

I know with CC you don't need any dining reservations.  But, interesting you cannot get into booking for a SR res.  So, I think we need to ask if anyone else in CC who has not made regular dining res (the expected situation) is able or not able to make a SR res on one of the voyage nights.  

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I know with CC you don't need any dining reservations.  But, interesting you cannot get into booking for a SR res.  So, I think we need to ask if anyone else in CC who has not made regular dining res (the expected situation) is able or not able to make a SR res on one of the voyage nights.  

Thank you again I didn;t think of that.............lol

Has anyone had  App problems without making any changes and then start working correctly without contacting Support ? I was OK on all items except Medallion Pay, which I had not entered so not a  problem. Now I only show Profile Photo, Security Photo, Pin Number, no other line items, all without my  making any changes. DW no longer shows. Login as DW and all my and her items show, except that her photo does not show. I assume this is data corruption and wonder if it will be fixed routinely or will I eventually have to contact Support. Cruise is not until next Feb so have not called Support.

• Thanks 1

In reading the above posts, I was never able to book specialty dining on the app prior to the cruise. I was able to book main dining, but only in Allegro, which we preferred to Concerto, anyway. Once on board, the contents of the app change significantly, and we were able to book Sabatini's, which was amazing.

• Like 1

This Medallion app is not even a beta. Ridiculous that they force us to use it for planning and pre-check in purposes when they also have a web site that could do it like with other cruise lines. On board is a different story.

I prepared an email to Princess listing the problems I have but can't even find an email to send it to. The email that was listed somewhere on this forum just bounces...

1 hour ago, hapzfl said:

I prepared an email to Princess listing the problems I have but can't even find an email to send it to. The email that was listed somewhere on this forum just bounces...

I've always gotten through to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com; even got a couple of replies from them. The other thing that I've found to get a response (albeit after a few weeks) is putting in a bad review on the Android Play Store or Apple AppStore.

4 hours ago, DropThePuck said:

In reading the above posts, I was never able to book specialty dining on the app prior to the cruise. I was able to book main dining, but only in Allegro, which we preferred to Concerto, anyway. Once on board, the contents of the app change significantly, and we were able to book Sabatini's, which was amazing.

May I ask why you prefer Allegro to Concerto? I'm trying to book dining for 2 for my Majestic cruise and it ONLY lets me reserve Allegro, not the others. I wanted to be mid-ship for dining (closer to Vines?)

I have Club Class dining for my Oct cruise.  I booked Sabatini's in the app.  It was no problem at all.

1. Click on the fork and knife on the app

2.Click on View or book individual daily reservations

3. Click on Add a reservation

4. Click on specialty dining

5. Click on the people who will be dining.  If you see you and spouse picture;  both must have green check marks next to them.  You click on each face and should get the green checkmark

6. Click continue

7. Next screen shows the Crown Grill and Sabatini or whatever place you have for your ship. In the middle of upper page you select the time.  I think it defaults to 7:30pm;  so you will have to click the time and scroll to the time you want.  Once you have time selected;  you select the table and your done. 

30 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I have Club Class dining for my Oct cruise.  I booked Sabatini's in the app.  It was no problem at all.

1. Click on the fork and knife on the app

2.Click on View or book individual daily reservations

3. Click on Add a reservation

4. Click on specialty dining

5. Click on the people who will be dining.  If you see you and spouse picture;  both must have green check marks next to them.  You click on each face and should get the green checkmark

6. Click continue

7. Next screen shows the Crown Grill and Sabatini or whatever place you have for your ship. In the middle of upper page you select the time.  I think it defaults to 7:30pm;  so you will have to click the time and scroll to the time you want.  Once you have time selected;  you select the table and your done. 

I did  step by step what you just said and it keeps saying (I tried several times) we could not find any reservations at this time. I didn;t even get to the restaurants names.

3 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I did  step by step what you just said and it keeps saying (I tried several times) we could not find any reservations at this time. I didn;t even get to the restaurants names.

Maybe you’re too far out for this ship

to reserve?  Maybe try again 90 days

before?  Help line should know.

27 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe you’re too far out for this ship

to reserve?  Maybe try again 90 days

before?  Help line should know.

Thank you. Cruise is in December...................

rabin1;  I would think you could book this far out.  I booked mine 60 days out and it was fine.  Try like on Oct 1st and see what happens.  No sense getting frustrated over it when you may be too far out to book.  Hopefully Princess will get this app working by end of the year.  

Our cruise is Feb 26 2022 and I decided to stop trying Medallion Class, but curiosity got the better of me 🙂 After 30 minutes on hold the person who answered was not part of the Navigator team and although very nice, was no help at all ! I must be more patient and not keep trying the App !

• Like 2

On 8/29/2021 at 9:19 PM, Steelers36 said:

We have Club Class dining in this October and in February. I was able to make bookings for specialty dining on both, although I didn't complete them.  

• Thanks 1

We only have a dumb phone so we are not doing this App thing .. The ships want you to work for them and print off your stuff, fill in this and that, and I think its a cheek .. no one told us we would have to do all of that .. I told the TA when I booked that we don't have a printer and so she will do all our printing for us .. much easier .. we go through the BLUE line at embarkation ..we don't mind if it takes longer ...

• Like 1