Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I sent email request for help to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com and received two quick reponses asking for more details. The final response was 'thanks passed on to the team ------' Also said problems are resolved in sail date order - but don't worry we will get it fixed.

So I was pleased with response time. 

Edited by Tedferg

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I sent email request for help to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com and received two quick reponses asking for more details. The final response was 'thanks passed on to the team ------' Also said problems are resolved in sail date order - but don't worry we will get it fixed.

So I was pleased with response time. 

But, they didn't solve your problem!

I don't see how that can be pleasing.

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

But, they didn't solve your problem!

I don't see how that can be pleasing.

Well so many times there is no response from help sources - try facebook! At least this showed activity and follow up. I assume this is progress. Note I said pleased with RESPONSETIME.

Edited by Tedferg

Using the August 24 upgraded app on an Android tablet software version 8, and got check-in done.  As another poster said, for the scan of your passport you have to make sure there is no glare, indirect lighting, both pages visible, and you'll get the green 'done" bar.  There was a stylus button at one screen, perhaps for manually entering data, but we didn't need it or try it.  For your security and profile photos, it says you can take a picture or upload them from your device.  The upload feature did not work, displayed a blank page instead of choices of photos, even tho' camera access was enabled.  So we got the photos we wanted on the desktop computer, enlarged to a good size, and took photos of them with the app/tablet, and they were accepted.  Had to reverse the camera, button on bottom right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob7 said:

Using the August 24 upgraded app on an Android tablet software version 8, and got check-in done.  As another poster said, for the scan of your passport you have to make sure there is no glare, indirect lighting, both pages visible, and you'll get the green 'done" bar.  There was a stylus button at one screen, perhaps for manually entering data, but we didn't need it or try it.  For your security and profile photos, it says you can take a picture or upload them from your device.  The upload feature did not work, displayed a blank page instead of choices of photos, even tho' camera access was enabled.  So we got the photos we wanted on the desktop computer, enlarged to a good size, and took photos of them with the app/tablet, and they were accepted.  Had to reverse the camera, button on bottom right.

About two years ago I up loaded my cruise photos one for myself and one for my wife. Downloaded the app to the iPhone. Then started using it. When I got to the cruise photos. Those were already on it.. Same with the passport information.

1 hour ago, Bob7 said:

Using the August 24 upgraded app on an Android tablet software version 8, and got check-in done.  

Thank you for posting.

Android 8 is a bit old (no offense), as devices now are shipping with Android 11.

(Android 8 was released in 2017)

That you were able to check in with an older device seems to contradict the 'You need to buy a new phone' posts.

This will allow folks to spend more on their onboard bar bill, and less on phones!

Other than a few geeks like me, I think that would be most passengers preference!

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Android 8 is a bit old (no offense), as devices now are shipping with Android 11.

(Android 8 was released in 2017)

That you were able to check in with an older device seems to contradict the 'You need to buy a new phone' posts.

Android 8 is specifically listed in the Play Store as the oldest Android version supported by the app, so this is actually a case of things working as advertised (what a concept!). There are still something like 17% of Android users with versions older than 8, and I'm fairly sure the vast majority of them are unable to upgrade (iPhone users are in much better shape in that regard), so those are the folks that really do need to buy a new phone (or just show up at the pier with their documents and wait a bit longer to board) 

59 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Android 8 is specifically listed in the Play Store as the oldest Android version supported by the app, so this is actually a case of things working as advertised (what a concept!).

I don't think the 'buy a new phone' posts suggest a sensible course of action.

4 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I don't think the 'buy a new phone' posts suggest a sensible course of action.

No, of course not. But 'show up at the pier with your documents and wait a little longer' is totally sensible. It's amazing that Princess didn't at least mention that possibility somewhere in the documentation. Of course it's also amazing to me that they removed the pre-cruise data entry functionality from the Personalizer website, but they can at least (try to) blame the beancounters for that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkpon said:

Is the Blue Lane the only option for UK cruises?

When trying to upload the security photo just get the message ‘Data not available. Please try after sometime’. Won’t let me go any further.

We are in the UK and managed to complete all of the information required, had several attempts before the passports would scan but they did eventually. I took new security photos not uploaded ones from somewhere else. The only section I have not completed is the health questionnaire but now we are already showing as green lane.

Hi guys, I got question. We are sailing in few days, we only got 1 medallion app for both of us, i completed all documents for both of us on the app. Got the QR code, but it doesn't say if its for 2 of us, or would my partner need a separate QR code? Thank you 

13 minutes ago, wenus said:

Hi guys, I got question. We are sailing in few days, we only got 1 medallion app for both of us, i completed all documents for both of us on the app. Got the QR code, but it doesn't say if its for 2 of us, or would my partner need a separate QR code? Thank you 

Each person needs their own account and you fill out each one. When you order your OM, it should be for each person.

If your leaving soon, no worries, you can go to the desk and get the OM that you are missing.  Or, anything else you may be missing on the app.

It will just take a little longer to checkin.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Each person needs their own account and you fill out each one. When you order your OM, it should be for each person.

I have not completed the process, but with one account it looks like we both can order a Medallion.

4 hours ago, pkpon said:

Is the Blue Lane the only option for UK cruises?

When trying to upload the security photo just get the message ‘Data not available. Please try after sometime’. Won’t let me go any further.

Don't upload...try just taking a new picture.

After reading further, I see that you already tried that.

If your cruise is soon, wait until you're at the port. If not soon, try contacting the OM people. A360ad7@carnival.com.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

2 hours ago, pkpon said:

Thanks for the reply.

It won’t even let me take a new security photo. Just get the ‘No data available’ message. Not sure where I am going wrong.

Do you have “camera” and “photos” enabled in the app settings? 

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I have not completed the process, but with one account it looks like we both can order a Medallion.

Each person must show up on the app.

When you order the OM, if both of you are shown, you can order the OM for both of you.

You shop individually for each person and they can be in one shipment, if you

like. 
I’ve ordered OM for 6 cruises now using the new MedallionClass app.

You can do it on one account, but you both must be shown on that account and you must order preferences for each individual.

Explaining some of this is difficult, sorry.

20 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I had to. Last Princess Cruise it worked just fine till they changed the app requirements. 

Of course!  Your phone would have to meet the minimums.

Without that, you probably won't be able to download it from the 'play/iTunes' store...