Heads Up.............if you have a B2B2B booked............

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

So happy that the drama is over..............no extra compensation for "mental anguish"............we did get a thumbs up from Captain Kate and Lauren the CD...........they were all in the BIG conference call with Miami and knew our position.

It sounds like Capt Kate recognized how bad the deal was and brought it to someone's attention and they made correcions. Good for you. That's worth a well earned complimentary dinner for two w/ drinks if you ask me. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It sounds like Capt Kate recognized how bad the deal was and brought it to someone's attention and they made correcions. Good for you. That's worth a well earned complimentary dinner for two w/ drinks if you ask me. 

I also think the fact that the CDC lost the appeal that day didn't hurt.

11 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

.....in the Oceanview cafe with 2 iced teas! 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, molly361 said:

First I have heard about the tests.  I have a b2b in November, might have to re-think that

By November there could be a whole new set of rules. It seems everyone booked needs a day to day playbook.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jimbo said:

That's why you should buy travel insurance, shi$ happens. Adjust your schedule.

I am a firm believer of travel insurance. However, it never crosses my mind that I would need it for some out of pocket expense that the cruise line caused.  As a matter of fact I don't think the insurance company would pay out for this. It's clearly the fault of the cruise line and they should compensate for the added expense.

• Like 3

I was watching a blogger with a video of 2 people who got kicked off celebrity edge after they went off on their own in a port. They were unvaccinated and the blogger wondered how they got off the ship since they can only get off in a excursion. Did they book a excursion then wander off? 

More edge drama and questions. At least now it's about cruising. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was watching a blogger with a video of 2 people who got kicked off celebrity edge after they went off on their own in a port. They were unvaccinated and the blogger wondered how they got off the ship since they can only get off in a excursion. Did they book a excursion then wander off? 

More edge drama and questions. At least now it's about cruising. 

Yes.  That is what they did.  Glad they got the boot!  And now, because of them, St. Maarten is requiring ALL (vaccinated and unvaccinated) Celebrity passengers stopping in St. Maarten to be tested if they want to get off the ship there.  This may also translate over to other cruise lines hitting that port as well.  Thanks a lot to those folks! 😡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I am a firm believer of travel insurance. However, it never crosses my mind that I would need it for some out of pocket expense that the cruise line caused.  As a matter of fact I don't think the insurance company would pay out for this. It's clearly the fault of the cruise line and they should compensate for the added expense.

We boarded a cruise, it left the dock, immediately returned and was CANCELLED a few hour later. We had to disembark and make our own  arrangements to fly home. RCCL provided $200 PP reimbursed for airfare charges and  also $$ reimbursed for one night in a hotel.  

Thank goodness we had cruise insurance. They paid for all of our out-of-pocket expenses for a new return flight, (our original flight was not changeable) and any non-reimbursable charges.  

it was difficult to get the insurance company to understand that we had not canceled the cruise, Royal Caribbean had canceled.

there were a few people who were B2B so they had to wait out the days (on their own $$)  in a hotel.

m

49 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

it was difficult to get the insurance company to understand that we had not canceled the cruise, Royal Caribbean had canceled.

That's the key...the insurance company wants to see something in writing that the cruise was canceled. Very important to remember to try to get something from the cruiseline in this situation.  Common carrier cancellation is one of the reasons you can make a claim.

However the company refusing you boarding from some new last minute policy like no B2B cruises, there isn't a covered cause in most insurance policies for that.

6 hours ago, cruisenfever said:

Hey Gary, glad that you and Mary are able to stay onboard.  Hope you have a great cruise.  Miss you guys.

Ahoy Patti & Jim..............it has been too long since we cruised together. When is your next cruise???

Well onboard the Edge has been an experience. I have heard 3 different versions of the St. Maarten fiasco.............we were very late leaving and speculation was all across the ship. I see that it pays to read CC to get the real story!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:38 PM, bonsai3s said:

Agree....BUT, there are those that have flights already booked.

Since when anyone cares of individuals except those individuals themselves?

Edited by kirtihk

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Since when anyone cares of individuals except those individuals themselves?

Huh?

Exactly!  Isn't it so obvious that people even don't understand it anymore?  It means whatever problem in your life you might experience, no one ever will solve it for you except yourself, and if one thinks otherwise, that person is fooling themselves (I purposely wrote plural to pretend  I'm politically correct).  You may reply only on yourself.