July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

On 7/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, CruzeQueen2 said:

Thank you! I see you can order the Jordan Cab Sav by the glass - even with an extra charge over the $12 Princess Plus price - I'll be having that one. Your ship 2022.

DH bought a bottle with the 25% discount … it came to just under $70.  The Rombauer Chardonnay charge per glass has been $3.50.  It’s been well worth it to drink very nice wines. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

For all my military folks that were asking, we had our Veteran M&G today at noon. It was published in the Patter. So, yes they still have them, and it may be on the last day.

Thank you for posting that, it’s very much appreciated. I was just drafting a scathing E-mail to the higher ups at Princess addressing my disappointment of them not having a “Gathering of Veterans” Thank you for everything that you have done on this tread.    

• Like 1

I bought photos today, and it was a little different than before. There isn’t much explanation there on how to do it. On the computers in the photo center, I chose the 5 digital photos for $89 package (a $20 discount). Put that package in the cart and purchase it. Once that purchase completes, go back in to your photos and choose “download” on the ones you want. Those five photos go in to your cart, but now show as a price of 0. Complete that “purchase” for $0, and then ask a photo attendant to get the digital pics ready for you. We got our files on a cruise ship shaped USB stick - so cute!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

I bought photos today, and it was a little different than before. There isn’t much explanation there on how to do it. On the computers in the photo center, I chose the 5 digital photos for $89 package (a $20 discount). Put that package in the cart and purchase it. Once that purchase completes, go back in to your photos and choose “download” on the ones you want. Those five photos go in to your cart, but now show as a price of 0. Complete that “purchase” for $0, and then ask a photo attendant to get the digital pics ready for you. We got our files on a cruise ship shaped USB stick - so cute!

How long did this transaction take?  I remember lines for the cashier.  I understand once they tried face recognition.  Maybe that would help through the many photos.  Still a steep price for photos.  Glad you got a discount.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, dog said:

To those on board right now—- loving all the Positive comments & updates Princess is finally getting!!!

Can someone on-board comment on their experience / numbers allowed in shops, & out on Princess excursions?

If you have the Premium Plus package is your drink delivery to your cabin included or is there  a charge for it, like it says on Princess website? ( I was confused at an earlier post). 

Thai may have already been answered but everyone has a different experience so here goes.  
There doesn’t seem to be a limitation on the number of passengers in the shops or different venues around the ship but we are at only 60% capacity so there doesn’t seem to be an issue with crowding,  

We didn’t take an excursion so cannot speak to that. 
we have the beverage package and there is notification on the app that if you  are ordering drinks for your cabin, it does display that it is included in your package and there will be a zero charge.  Of note, you each have to order under your own app otherwise you will be charged for the second drink.  I’m sure they will be working on that.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, Mary Ann 2 said:

Someone posted earlier that disembarkation started at 7am.  Are you saying it's 7:15?

Yes, it is at 7:15.  Our time, using port valet without Princess transfers, is 7:25 AM.  The earliest express walk off time is 7:15 AM.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How long did this transaction take?  I remember lines for the cashier.  I understand once they tried face recognition.  Maybe that would help through the many photos.  Still a steep price for photos.  Glad you got a discount.

It helps to stop by the computers daily to scan through your photos and favorite the ones you think you will want. Then the check out process will only take a few minutes. 

The photo center was quite busy, but many of those folks were visiting for the first time and had a lot to do. 

There are no more stacks of printed photos to scan through. They are only on the computer with face recognition tech. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 12:21 PM, Informatics Nurse said:

Can anyone tell me how afternoon tea (free) is working on the ship? Do they still offer is daily in one of the dining rooms and have they done high tea (extra)? I've looked at the patters that were previously posted and it seemed like some of the dining rooms were open from for an extra 90 minutes that made me wonder if that was it. 

Thank you in advance and I'm so thrilled you're all having a wonderful time!

I am not sure if they’ve offered the paid high tea event but JourneyView under the MedallionClass app allows you to schedule tea time in one of the main dining rooms for 3:00 or 3:30 PM on sea days.  

I had not noticed if they had the pub lunch but I don’t think they did.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am not sure if they’ve offered the paid high tea event but JourneyView under the MedallionClass app allows you to schedule tea time in one of the main dining rooms for 3:00 or 3:30 PM on sea days.  

I had not noticed if they had the pub lunch but I don’t think they did.  

I watched for it and never saw it. Not the Planks or Steamers meals either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

Have dog will travel. Jacqueline, it’s Marlise. It’s Saturday at noon. I’ve been trying to find you. Can you write back and tell me what deck you are on right now and I’ll come looking. 
Marlise

Have dog will travel. Jacqueline, it’s Marlise. It’s Saturday at noon. I’ve been trying to find you. Can you write back and tell me what deck you are on right now and I’ll come looking. 
Marlise

Marlise

I found her!!

27 minutes ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

Does anyone on ship have American postage stamps. I will pay a premium. C517 or tell me where to meet you.

27 minutes ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

Does anyone on ship have American postage stamps. I will pay a premium. C517 or tell me where to meet you.

Never mind. Found someone.

If I’m not mistaken the 8/1 and 8/8 roll call have been watching here. I’d like to implore you to please react with kindness towards the crew anytime you see poor behavior by fellow pax. 
I can not believe I witnessed a passenger speaking rudely to a server in concerto dining room at lunch one day. I have had fellow cc members tell me of instances they’ve observed as well. 
Here’s what I've done. I make a positive comment to the crew who’s been maligned.  I model good behavior towards crew.  
one couple that I’ve had several pleasant conversations with I felt comfortable pointing out that the world can use more kindness. This was received well and their tone immediately changed. 

Poor behavior has been rare but in my opinion it should be non existent. Food is here!  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I did wonder if the Elite Suite boarding comments might also apply to priority boarding for Platinum???

It is still a Captain's Circle benefit, but you may know that Platinums did follow Suites & Elites on board and ahead of everyone else.  I can recall my days as Platinum and watching that first group go on board and thinking to myself "Someday, that will be us".  And, now it is. 😉

• Like 5

It looked like the disembarkation letter said that there would be random Custom inspections, so does that mean no waiting in line at customs before retrieving luggage.  Did you just hand someone your customs declaration or were there no forms?  Would someone address what getting off the ship tomorrow was like (after you get home or waiting at the airport)?  Any US Dept of Agriculture inspection?  How long after your disembarkation time did you get on a Princess transfer bus and then how long until you got to the airport?    If you took a taxi, how long was the taxi line and wait, an approximate cost of the taxi, and when you got to the airport.  Thanks all for your invaluable information for those who will follow!!

• Like 1

Another heartfelt thank you to everyone for posting and sharing your cruise with us.  I’ve enjoyed this long awaited live from.  

I haven’t seen the dinner menus for Friday or this evening posted.  Hope someone will post a copy along with the patter for today.   Safe journey homeward, stay healthy upon your return.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If I’m not mistaken the 8/1 and 8/8 roll call have been watching here. I’d like to implore you to please react with kindness towards the crew anytime you see poor behavior by fellow pax. 
I can not believe I witnessed a passenger speaking rudely to a server in concerto dining room at lunch one day. I have had fellow cc members tell me of instances they’ve observed as well. 
Here’s what I've done. I make a positive comment to the crew who’s been maligned.  I model good behavior towards crew.  
one couple that I’ve had several pleasant conversations with I felt comfortable pointing out that the world can use more kindness. This was received well and their tone immediately changed. 

Poor behavior has been rare but in my opinion it should be non existent. Food is here!  

Oh yes I’ve been stalking you all along 😂and I started a thread for the 8/1 sailing.  thank you all your insight and information. I can not stand rude nasty people who are mean to the crew members, and I’ve had more than one .... conversation through the years. I try to go out of my way to be kind and make them smile as well. Have a Safe trip home. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

It helps to stop by the computers daily to scan through your photos and favorite the ones you think you will want. Then the check out process will only take a few minutes. 

The photo center was quite busy, but many of those folks were visiting for the first time and had a lot to do. 

There are no more stacks of printed photos to scan through. They are only on the computer with face recognition tech. 

Do they still offer prints if you want to purchase photos that way or are photos only available for purchase in digital form?