July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

Could someone please tell me what the temperature is like on the ship?  Last few were freezing, last one was pretty warm.  Trying to maximize packing space by not needing to bring clothes for both if not necessary.  THANK YOU.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Curious how the meeting with Jan went.  I am surprised to see that no one on board has updated this thread with that info.

The meeting went extraordinarily well. Chef table followed the meeting and it was simply fabulous. Don’t be surprised no one is updating. This is our last sea day. I will make a comprehensive post while waiting for my plane tomorrow. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The meeting went extraordinarily well. Chef table followed the meeting and it was simply fabulous. Don’t be surprised no one is updating. This is our last sea day. I will make a comprehensive post while waiting for my plane tomorrow. 

Roger That.  Have a wonderful Sea Day

8 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks!  I’m curious to hear any interesting information. Have a safe flight home. 

Edited by dickinson

@DuncanBlizzardi spoke to @BlueFish2000confirmed they were completely unable to get ocean ready. They communicated their trials and difficulties to Jan who will inspect the details of their troubles as a case study on how to fix these problems. 

Short story for now is please do not stress.   Bring your travel docs and original vaccine card and come to port. No one will be denied boarding because they were unable to get ocean ready. These issues are a top priority for Jan. The team is working nonstop to rectify them. Jan was genuinely saddened to hear that some of her guests are still experiencing this. 

For those who can get ocean ready, do so. I was able to and the whole check in process took less than 2 minutes. 

I’m not going to post anymore today. It our last day and there is far too much living to do. I do have a long wait for my plane tomorrow so I will post a full report of our meeting with Jan then. I hope other members who attended will do the same. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, happycruiserco said:

Could someone please tell me what the temperature is like on the ship?  Last few were freezing, last one was pretty warm.  Trying to maximize packing space by not needing to bring clothes for both if not necessary.  THANK YOU.

Ok one last post. The gem out side ranged from freezing wet cold to sunny and very hot. You must pack for all weather. Inside was moderate and comfortable. Of course there was at least once where I needed a light cover up inside. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@DuncanBlizzardi spoke to @BlueFish2000confirmed they were completely unable to get ocean ready. They communicated their trials and difficulties to Jan who will inspect the details of their troubles as a case study on how to fix these problems. 

Short story for now is please do not stress.   Bring your travel docs and original vaccine card and come to port. No one will be denied boarding because they were unable to get ocean ready. These issues are a top priority for Jan. The team is working nonstop to rectify them. Jan was genuinely saddened to hear that some of her guests are still experiencing this. 

For those who can get ocean ready, do so. I was able to and the whole check in process took less than 2 minutes. 

I’m not going to post anymore today. It our last day and there is far too much living to do. I do have a long wait for my plane tomorrow so I will post a full report of our meeting with Jan then. I hope other members who attended will do the same. 

Thank you for taking the time to update this now!  It is much appreciated.  Sadly, it's hard not to stress with the threats Princess makes and the fact that what we're told is constantly changing.

• Like 2

Jeez one laaaaaast note for the elite/suites boarding Sunday. There is a lounge if you arrive out of your boarding group. So no waiting outside for elite/suites. I understood her to say that elite/suites will be boarded as early as possible regardless of group. I hope others who attended will confirm or report their thoughts. I also understood her to say that if you do NOT have priority boarding your boarding window MUST be observed. 

Our boarding was unique as there were no disembarking pax to deal with. So pkeeeeeease do not use any reports of our embarkation with regards to how early we arrived and boarded wrt boarding group as any indicator what that will be moving forward. 

I was like a dog with a bone regarding suite/elites having access to the earliest boarding group. Jan did understand how important this is to many of us. To me it seemed her thoughts were if everyone is ocean ready everyone is essentially given priority as no one waits. I kept going back to many do not want to wait until 1 and then be prioritized. I believe she really understood that getting early access to boarding groups is very important and my take away is that she will work towards that. Again I do hope others who came will confirm my take always and provide theirs. As we all know sometimes we tend to hear what we want to. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Jeez one laaaaaast note for the elite/suites boarding Sunday. There is a lounge if you arrive out of your boarding group. So no waiting outside for elite/suites. I understood her to say that elite/suites will be boarded as early as possible regardless of group. I hope others who attended will confirm or report their thoughts. I also understood her to say that if you do NOT have priority boarding your boarding window MUST be observed. 

I was like a dog with a bone regarding suite/elites having access to the earliest boarding group. Jan did understand how important this is to many of us. To me it seemed her thoughts were if everyone is ocean ready everyone is essentially given priority as no one waits. I kept going back to many do not want to wait until 1 and then be prioritized. I believe she really understood that getting early access to boarding groups is very important and my take away is that she will work towards that. Again I do hope others who came will confirm my take always and provide theirs. As we all know sometimes we tend to hear what we want to. 

This ought to pacify some very angry people. 😀

3 minutes ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

Thank you for taking the time to update this now!  It is much appreciated.  Sadly, it's hard not to stress with the threats Princess makes and the fact that what we're told is constantly changing.

I did explicitly discuss that wording and how it really struck fear in people who couldn’t get ocean ready. I believe Jan was truly upset that this was happening and will follow up with @BlueFish2000case as a way to pinpoint where and what needs to happen. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Our boarding was unique as there were no disembarking pax to deal with. So pkeeeeeease do not use any reports of our embarkation with regards to how early we arrived and boarded wrt boarding group as any indicator what that will be moving forward. 

WOO HOO on that first paragraph!!!!  And the last!!!!  The whole post is wonderful news!!!!

• Like 3

Wow...  WOW...  WOW!!!!

Chef's Table looks incredible!!!!

Yes, I know,  we are lucky to be getting your live posts...

THANK you everyone!!!!

How selfish of us to hope that you can continue to feed our addiction!!!!

I did wonder if the Elite Suite boarding comments might also apply to priority boarding for Platinum???

Enjoy every last moment of your cruise!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Ours was the first chef table in the fleet. Neville said he will be doing them moving forward if your roll call has discussed it. 

That's so good to hear!  I had been disappointed to not have the chance at this.  Happy now!!

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

What about boarding for platinum passengers?

15 minutes ago, trey420 said:

As this show comes to a close, will we get an encore of next weeks sailing?  Who knows.  Tune in to see same bat time same bat channel. 

Some has already started a live thread for the next cruise. I plan to do one as well in three weeks. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Ours was the first chef table in the fleet. Neville said he will be doing them moving forward if your roll call has discussed it. 
this is some of our roll call and a couple of food pics. 

06E2A26B-E6E0-42EB-9C10-33BAE9843878.jpeg

D4CFD2BC-939F-4EDD-B0C0-943234DF379A.jpeg

90F36640-A7A3-4D0E-BA1F-7667D478A778.jpeg

44CA1A91-4F9D-4659-8D56-AA4325BDA145.jpeg

I like the name tags on the table.  That was not done in the two Chef's Table experiences that I have had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Jeez one laaaaaast note for the elite/suites boarding Sunday. There is a lounge if you arrive out of your boarding group. So no waiting outside for elite/suites. I understood her to say that elite/suites will be boarded as early as possible regardless of group.

w00t!!! Thanks for this. Now quit posting and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 3