July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

Thanks to all of you.  It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise.  We board tomorrow and are one of the ones with no medallion app that works, so glad to be reassured of that not being a problem.

It has been a joy following you day by day.  Safe travels home.

• Like 1

@HaveDogWillTravel and all of Majestic's CC passengers that took time out of your busy/relaxing day to keep us posted.

Fact:  7 days was too short

Fact:  Weather was fantastic

Fact:  Photos were outstanding

Fact:  Passengers were excited to be on board the Majestic

So glad our journey will continue with a b2b cruise.  To be continued.....

Mahalo Nui Loa to all of you on board and a safe journey home.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for creating this wonderful thread. It was great to sail along with you!  

One last question: was the room service menu expanded/ changed from what you had on previous cruises?  Based on some of your posts it looked like it was but I wasn’t certain. 

thank you 

29 minutes ago, Travel_Girl020195 said:

Thanks to all of you.  It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise.  We board tomorrow and are one of the ones with no medallion app that works, so glad to be reassured of that not being a problem.

It has been a joy following you day by day.  Safe travels home.

Please follow up with us all after embarkation and let us know how it was without using the app

Thanks for all who took part in this forum.  The weather looked amazing, the ship and food looks great, and having a one on one with the head of Princess is priceless.  All the best and safe travels home tomorrow.  Cheers and remember to smile.  

I was wondering if anyone went on any memorable excursions that they could recommend in either Skagway or Ketchikan?  This will be both our first cruise and first trip to Alaska.  We have something booked for Juneau, but not the other 2.  We are in our early 50’s, in decent shape and very active and love wildlife. Wanted to do a glacier walk and sled dog experience, but the glacier landing is full for our trip (Sept 5 sailing), and the musher camp isn’t offering a ride, only playing with puppies.  I was hoping someone did something they loved and could share!  We want to experience all of Alaska we can in case we don’t get to come back.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this tread - it has been amazing!

One more question:  Did anyone do the "Good Spirits at Sea"?  I read the description, but still don't have a clear idea of what that actually is, so any details and opinions would be great (when convenient, of course).  Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@HaveDogWillTravel and all of Majestic's CC passengers that took time out of your busy/relaxing day to keep us posted.

Fact:  7 days was too short

Fact:  Weather was fantastic

Fact:  Photos were outstanding

Fact:  Passengers were excited to be on board the Majestic

So glad our journey will continue with a b2b cruise.  To be continued.....

Mahalo Nui Loa to all of you on board and a safe journey home.

Glad you had such a great time. Hope the rest of the cruises have equally good weather. We're on the 8/8 sailing.

If you're signature is up to date, it's been 5-1/2 years since your last cruise. May you have many more in your future!

40 minutes ago, wondertwinsmom said:

I was wondering if anyone went on any memorable excursions that they could recommend in either Skagway or Ketchikan?  This will be both our first cruise and first trip to Alaska.  We have something booked for Juneau, but not the other 2.  We are in our early 50’s, in decent shape and very active and love wildlife. Wanted to do a glacier walk and sled dog experience, but the glacier landing is full for our trip (Sept 5 sailing), and the musher camp isn’t offering a ride, only playing with puppies.  I was hoping someone did something they loved and could share!  We want to experience all of Alaska we can in case we don’t get to come back.

On my last cruise to Alaska, I rented a bike in Skagway and went along Dyea Road. I did not make it all the way, though, but it's a scenic trip. Sockeye Cycles also does some guided trips, but going on my own was less expensive: Alaska Bicycle Tours Rentals Sales & Service - Sockeye Cycle

One of my favorite excursions ever was snorkeling in Ketchikan. I don't know why Princess doesn't offer it anymore. Here's the website for the company: Snorkel Alaska

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 3:31 PM, RRFan said:

Princess has always done 2 formals on a seven day cruise and yes you are free to eat at Alfredos, or buffet or room service, poolside burgers, or IC.  But truly PCL isn't that fancy on formal nights any more.  About the only thing you'd get flagged wearing into the MDR is shorts, tanks, rubber flip flops,  and T-shirts.  A man wearing nice jeans and a collared shirt would be fine.  

Must be a long sleeve collared shirt

9 minutes ago, kml246 said:

If you're signature is up to date, it's been 5-1/2 years since your last cruise. May you have many more in your future!

If this post was meant for me, I haven't kept up with my signature.  My last cruise was in April 2019.  Hoping to be on a ship sooner than later.  Many more booked....let's see how this first one goes.

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If this post was meant for me, I haven't kept up with my signature.  My last cruise was in April 2019.  Hoping to be on a ship sooner than later.  Many more booked....let's see how this first one goes.

It was meant for you. Since you are doing B2B, I looked at your signature and last cruise is in Jan 2016. Time to update it! 🙂 (When you get home, of course!)

5 minutes ago, kml246 said:

It was meant for you. Since you are doing B2B, I looked at your signature and last cruise is in Jan 2016. Time to update it! 🙂 (When you get home, of course!)

Sorry to disappoint you @kml246, but I was only along for the visual ride.  Back to backs are not allowed yet...and I am staying close to home for the time being.  Traveling along with all of these real passengers really made me feel like I was there too.  

I stopped updating signature.  There were too many cruises....oh, to have that problem.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thank you for all of these great suggestions! Keep them coming if anyone has others, I’m taking notes. I know the current passengers are all probably relaxing today, but if any of you check in later I would love to hear from someone on this sailing since I am sure things were most likely a bit different this time around. Did anyone mention previously whether or not the tour companies were set up at the ports for last minute bookings?

I am not sure if anyone has posted about the medical services.  I had an allergic reaction to my right eye and it got very swollen and itchy.  Decided to go to medical on Deck 4.  During our cruise because of Covid  restictions you had to make an appointment then you were allowed to go down. The medical staff was great.  I was not contagious it was just allergies.  I was given eye drops which helped with the itching.  Good experience.  Ill pass the bill onto my insurance company.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hope you had a wonderful time.  I am a bit jealous.

Question about the dining reservations on the app.  If one is Club Class dining, do you still just show up when desired or do you need to make a reservation on the app for that as well?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

The Majestic at 21+ knots heading back 😁 . Is the ship late? What is the planned ETA?

Per the MarineTraffic site ETA to Seattle is 0145 to likely begin preparations for the next cruise.

1851C09E-EF1E-4E6C-A467-EC80BB08107F.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

For all my military folks that were asking, we had our Veteran M&G today at noon. It was published in the Patter. So, yes they still have them, and it may be on the last day.

Thanks.  Salute!