Silversea begins Door to Door all inclusive beginning March 30, 2022

WesW

Luxury cruising with Silversea just got better. Yes, that’s right. We want to make your cruise journey as seamless as possible, so we have added a few extras to give you peace of mind both onboard and onshore. Not only have we expanded our all-inclusive service and added door-to-door transfers for seamless travel from home to ship and back again, but we’ve added shore excursions too! First, begin your ultra-luxury cruise as soon as you leave home with our executive private transfer service. Then, once on board, not only will you enjoy the 24-hour gourmet dining, butler service, award-winning entertainment and premium alcoholic beverages that Silversea is known for, you’ll also enjoy a complimentary shore excursion every day! From off the beaten track ports that only our small ships can access to iconic destinations that we know inside out, we guarantee a vision of travelling like no other.

What’s more, all voyages benefit from added extras! From special savings to included air fares and transfers, Silversea has got you covered. It simply doesn’t get any better than this.

See the difference with Silversea.

https://www.silversea.com/why-silversea/all-inclusive-luxury-cruises.html

18 minutes ago, WesW said:

Luxury cruising with Silversea just got better. Yes, that’s right. We want to make your cruise journey as seamless as possible, so we have added a few extras to give you peace of mind both onboard and onshore. Not only have we expanded our all-inclusive service and added door-to-door transfers for seamless travel from home to ship and back again, but we’ve added shore excursions too! First, begin your ultra-luxury cruise as soon as you leave home with our executive private transfer service. Then, once on board, not only will you enjoy the 24-hour gourmet dining, butler service, award-winning entertainment and premium alcoholic beverages that Silversea is known for, you’ll also enjoy a complimentary shore excursion every day! From off the beaten track ports that only our small ships can access to iconic destinations that we know inside out, we guarantee a vision of travelling like no other.

What’s more, all voyages benefit from added extras! From special savings to included air fares and transfers, Silversea has got you covered. It simply doesn’t get any better than this.

See the difference with Silversea.

https://www.silversea.com/why-silversea/all-inclusive-luxury-cruises.html

I just emailed my Silversea Rep to inquire whether this service will be extended to those who already have cruises booked after March 30, 2022.  My itinerary in the My Silversea Portal does not include the airport transfers.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

And now you'll save the $15 but have a couple hundred dollars bundled into your cruise fare for the private transfer service. 😉

Precisely the reason I've zero interest in that or the "included excursions" that jacked the price up by £1000

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

If you are referring to the Exec. Private Transfers from home, I think they are $199 per person.  😳

I think the $199 pp is for voyages departing prior to March 30, 2022.   What I don't know is whether they will charge you for it if you booked your cruise prior to today.   This service is now an included benefit but it was not when we booked the cruise in May.  I did the math on my cabin class and it went up $90pp from what it was last week when I checked.  The price had been holding steady since we booked the cruise.  

• Like 2

I note also in the Ts and Cs that, for UK bookings at least, the included limo service is for up to 50 miles each way and extra miles charged by the providing company to the customer. Furthermore, SS will not be held responsible for delays. 

So, if like us, you live 110 miles away from the airport on a route bedevilled by travel delays not only will the cost be undefined until the booking is made but you could miss the flight and receive a shrug from SS. 

I think I'd take the £75 credit and use a hotel and parking deal as we normally do. Maybe no cheaper but I like to control my arrival time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

I note also in the Ts and Cs that, for UK bookings at least, the included limo service is for up to 50 miles each way and extra miles charged by the providing company to the customer. Furthermore, SS will not be held responsible for delays. 

So, if like us, you live 110 miles away from the airport on a route bedevilled by travel delays not only will the cost be undefined until the booking is made but you could miss the flight and receive a shrug from SS. 

I think I'd take the £75 credit and use a hotel and parking deal as we normally do. Maybe no cheaper but I like to control my arrival time. 

This service will benefit some but not all.  In our case, we live 30 miles from the airport and its a 45 minute drive without traffic. Counting the cruise days and added on days before and after the cruise, we will be gone 45 days.  The cheapest parking is $5 a day at the airport plus tax.  Private transportation is a little cheaper or more expensive, depending on who you use.  Hotel park and fly options do not guarantee the safety of your vehicle where I live.  Same for airport parking. I agree, relying on someone else to pick you up is risky, regardless of whether its a taxi, uber or other private transport.  No matter who you use, they will not be responsible if you miss your flight.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

This service will benefit some but not all.  In our case, we live 30 miles from the airport and its a 45 minute drive without traffic. Counting the cruise days and added on days before and after the cruise, we will be gone 45 days.  The cheapest parking is $5 a day at the airport plus tax.  Private transportation is a little cheaper or more expensive, depending on who you use.  Hotel park and fly options do not guarantee the safety of your vehicle where I live.  Same for airport parking. I agree, relying on someone else to pick you up is risky, regardless of whether its a taxi, uber or other private transport.  No matter who you use, they will not be responsible if you miss your flight.

I'm not suggesting it's not a useful facility but it's certainly worth understanding the limitations on the Ts and Cs. 

Doesn’t seem quite right. Our cruise increased by 90 dollars a person since yesterday and now includes the door to door service. Yet we have.to pay $199 per person to get the same service. So we would end up paying more if we get the service because we booked too early. Not too happy about that. 

We can all be sure Silversea will be introducing this luxury service to make more money and no other reason.We are happy to stick with our local taxi who has provided excellent service for 20+ years at approx half the cost mentioned for our return trips to Southampton and Tower Bridge(approx distance 250 miles each way.

For me in tiny Bermuda:

Taxi to the airport $30

Local bus to the airport - free (I travel with only carry on luggage and have a bus pass as a senior)

Lift from a friend - free (reciprocated when she travels)

I’ll take the credit (even if SS offers this service here) just as I do for air (which SS also doesn’t offer from here).

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2

Ten maybe five years ago, would have DIY planned transfers as well as our air. Now, that we enjoy expedition cruising and more exotic disembark and embark ports;  we take SS air nine out of ten times (not on the Spirit crossing this November).  So, having SS add this new amenity (yes we will pay more coin than DIY) but the convenience to us will be worth it.

Look forward to using this new Door to Door inclusion.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WesW said:

Look forward to using this new Door to Door inclusion.

Can people opt out of this new inclusion for a credit?  

I know they don’t let you opt out of the supposed “free” excursion for a credit.  

We have no need for the overpriced included SS transfers and excursions.

Concept is great.

We spend a considerable amount of $$$ getting to the airport and back home. 

Some questions I have…it says private transfer, “ door to door”, does that mean just me and my significant other? Is that only for the trip to the airport?  What about airport to the ship?

I have had two poor transfer experiences with Silversea from airport to the ship. Both involved a long frolic and detour of several hours during which we were either driven around a city in a small van with other pax before being brought to the pier or taken to a hotel with other pax to wait for several hours before being brought to the pier.  We had booked transfers thinking it meant we went directly to the pier.

EDIT:
I forgot about a third transfer from the ship to the airport, where the bus driver was not from the area and had no idea how to get to the airport in NYC!

Some people on the bus missed their plane.

And when he finally got us to the airport, he refused to help anyone with luggage. My husband and another man assisted in retrieving the luggage from the hold!!!

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Thanks 1

Ploughing through the T&Cs, it seems to be from home to domestic airport. Not an SS deal, it’s run by some mob called Blacklane. Only for 52 miles, then you pay extra. 
SS takes no responsibility if Blacklane makes you miss your flight. 
US$100 credit if not used. 

Recommend anyone thinking of using the service to look very closely at the T&Cs. 

Hi Spins - sorry about some of your transfers (wish we were commiserating over champagne on a pool deck somewhere) but that’s why I always do the transfers myself! As I always, always fly in days ahead of time, it’s usually just a taxi from hotel to ship. 

And unlike Wes, I don’t do expedition cruising. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

SS takes no responsibility if Blacklane makes you miss your flight. 

US$100 credit if not used. 

Oh sheesh!  Blacklane?  They are nothing more than a dispatch company.  No wonder there is no guarantee.  They just dispatch rides to unaffiliated drivers and take a cut of the fare.  And, to ensure the driver doesn’t screw up and make passengers miss a flight, they require the pickup to be about double the length of time that is necessary.  

I had to use them once.  Never again.

Just another example of an overpriced SS service.  Raise fares by $250/pp but only provide a credit for $100.  Freakin’ lovely.  Just lovely.