New Testing Requirement for for all U.S. sailings longer than 4 nights

So here is my issue.  I am Canadian and need one from no more than 3 days before we land in the US. No problem.  We are flying in 8/21.  Our cruise is 8/22.  I do not think I will be able to get a test that will work for both and get the results in time.  Looks like I will have to get one from our govt and then maybe grab one at the aiport or in the US...

Ah yes, the blog that shall not be named.... gets the scoop again.  They are just mirroring what they are doing on the Nassau sailings... at least now you can choose between PRC and the antigen test..which is faster.

Just now, dulcemariamar said:

What happened on the Edge? 

Someone tested positive.

Story goes...."Passenger had cold symptom so went to infirmary, was given a test for covid...."

So I wonder what lesson will be learned........  😉

Just now, dodgestang said:

Someone tested positive.

Story goes...."Passenger had cold symptom so went to infirmary, was given a test for covid...."

That covid will be around a while. That person was vaccinated... what happens if you get it after sitting on a plane for a few hours...   Covid is going to show up from time to time.

• Like 4

Just now, kearney said:

That covid will be around a while. That person was vaccinated... what happens if you get it after sitting on a plane for a few hours...   Covid is going to show up from time to time.

Don't go to the infirmary if you sneeze is my bet 😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, kearney said:

Sounds like a great business decision to me. I have zero problem getting tested before my 8/13 Ovation sailing to Alaska. 

• Like 3

Just now, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

Sounds like a great business decision to me. I have zero problem getting tested before my 8/13 Ovation sailing to Alaska. 

I don't mind... we signed up back in April for August Nassau sailing...knowing it was a risk...but life is a risk... DH mobility is not getting any better and waiting... well no guarantees... so we make the best of it. 

• Like 2

Post #4 above is straight from RCL and states from Florida departures in August only…can we stop saying things like testing now required “from all US ports” .  Believe it or not folks, there is a whole country out there and ships that sail from other states than Florida.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Post #4 above is straight from RCL and states from Florida departures in August only…can we stop saying things like testing now required “from all US ports” .  Believe it or not folks, there is a whole country out there and ships that sail from other states than Florida.

There are links for other states too and FL July too.  I just picked August & FL because that is when my sailing is. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Someone tested positive.

Lesson will be don't get tested. How many people on here travel with immodium plus rather than go to the doc to be told they have noro.

46 minutes ago, kearney said:

No one will get it after sitting on planes for a few hours as they will wearing masks forever with no refreshments being served ever again thus doing away with the heavy trolleys making planes lighter and think of how much money they will save not having to buy food in.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

No one will get it after sitting on planes for a few hours as they will wearing masks forever with no refreshments being served ever again thus doing away with the heavy trolleys making planes lighter and think of how much money they will save not having to buy food in.

They serve drinks in first class 😁, no mask while drinking. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chefchick said:

As stated by the OP, they just grabbed a screenshot from the Florida page.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=seattle

It's there on the Alaska cruise pages. See the link. 

55 minutes ago, chefchick said:

8 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

As stated by the OP, they just grabbed a screenshot from the Florida page.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=seattle

It's there on the Alaska cruise pages. See the link. 

It's also required on sailings from Galveston

• Like 2