New Testing Requirement for for all U.S. sailings longer than 4 nights

4 minutes ago, stamphappy said:

Covid testing is also now being required on cruises out of Seattle WA.  We just received today, Thursday, the RCCL email stating we must be tested prior to our Monday, Aug. 2nd sailing date. 

At least you don't have travel to get to the port. Not leaving a lot of time for out of towners to get their test and results.

• Thanks 1

We are on the August 15th cruise out of Galveston TX. and if you are vaccinated they are not requiring a test. All passengers over 12 have show proof of vaccination. Those under 12 or with a verified medical reason will be tested at the port and need to pass in order to board. We are traveling with a 7 year old and they have provided us will all the information and how it will be handled at the port. 

Glad we are going out of Tx. since, given the lower passenger count on the ship we can be assured of a 95% vaccinated rate. 

Just now, vegas7df said:

Just checked Royal site, my 8/22 cruise from Galveston requires a test as well. I wish Royal would offer testing, getting a test in Florida is not easy. 

I am on the 8/15 cruise and the only tests require for us at this point are people who have not been vaccinated and only those under 12 or people with a verified medical reason will be allowed on if not vaccinated.  Just check our directions and no requirement for us to take a test?

38 minutes ago, George C said:

They serve drinks in first class 😁, no mask while drinking. 

We flew first on American last month.  They did not serve alcoholic drinks in first class.  Meal was a box lunch.  Not bad, but, a real step down from what we were used to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Someone tested positive.

Story goes...."Passenger had cold symptom so went to infirmary, was given a test for covid...."

So I wonder what lesson will be learned........  😉

Edited by ToroAzul

8 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

We are on the August 15th cruise out of Galveston TX. and if you are vaccinated they are not requiring a test. All passengers over 12 have show proof of vaccination. Those under 12 or with a verified medical reason will be tested at the port and need to pass in order to board. We are traveling with a 7 year old and they have provided us will all the information and how it will be handled at the port. 

Glad we are going out of Tx. since, given the lower passenger count on the ship we can be assured of a 95% vaccinated rate. 

Which sailing are you on? This is from the RCL site https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=galveston

GETTING READY TO CRUISE FROM GALVESTON, TEXASOn Independence of the Seas in August 2021

The protocols communicated here apply only to guests departing from Galveston, Texas on Independence of the Seas® in August 2021. We will continue to update these protocols as public health situations evolve. Guidance for all other departure ports is still in development with federal, state and local authorities. Booked guests will be provided full details specific to their port of departure prior to sailing.

For Sailings 5 Nights Or Longer: Important Update For Guests
All guests age 2 and older — regardless of vaccination status — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation. Guests will need to show their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility. This requirement is subject to change as we evaluate public health recommendations, and booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements before sailing. 

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

We flew first on American last month.  They did not serve alcoholic drinks in first class.  Meal was a box lunch.  Not bad, but, a real step down from what we were used to.

I flew to Reagan National on American on Thursday and home on Sunday. They were definitely serving alcohol in First Class on Sunday. My Thursday flight was at 6 AM so I don’t know what they were serving!

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with Royal Customer Service.................call took a total of 48 minutes.

My call was to ask about the procedure for B2B guests for getting Covid testing for Florida cruises...........

OK - the first response was if I was vaccinated - no test required

I mentioned that there was a new procedure for Florida cruises starting on 8/1 that all had to be tested prior to boarding and this was posted on the Royal website

Agent had no idea of this and had to check again

Agent then confirmed YES that all passengers had to be tested

I asked again about B2B - do I need to have a second test before the second cruise

Agent said yes that the test would be on the ship and at NO COST (I am very skeptical)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Carnival Breeze out of Galveston had someone test positive for Covid..

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Someone tested positive.

Story goes...."Passenger had cold symptom so went to infirmary, was given a test for covid...."

So I wonder what lesson will be learned........  😉

They had a second person on the Celebrity Edge test positive today….

Edited by GTO-Girl

18 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

14 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

I am on the 8/15 cruise and the only tests require for us at this point are people who have not been vaccinated and only those under 12 or people with a verified medical reason will be allowed on if not vaccinated.  Just check our directions and no requirement for us to take a test?

Your stated protocols, unfortunately, are not up to date.

Thanks @Canadian Disney Mom for starting this thread, I just saw this on social media for my Odyssey sailing. We have a 4-day on Freedom out of Miami next week, get off on Friday and come home to Ft. Lauderdale, and then leave Sunday on 6-day Odyssey. Have not received any emails about this new testing requirement. I was just able to schedule us for a rapid antigen test on Friday at the Ft. Lauderdale CVS on the corner of 17th Street and Federal Highway, which is a few blocks from the Embassy Suites for those familiar with the Port Everglades area. Could not count on getting PCR results back in time before we board on Sunday, so had to google to find a place that did the rapid antigen test. Again, thanks for posting this info. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Carnival Breeze out of Galveston had someone test positive for Covid..

Breeze just left Galveston about an hour ago, currently in route to Cozumel. Wonder if the report was from a previous cruise?

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Your stated protocols, unfortunately, are not up to date.

We will let everyone know. We have been getting regular emails from RCCL on this cruise once we signed in on the app. Yesterday they sent us a note for the 7 year old with instructions on setting up a testing appointment at the assigned boarding time we requested on the sign in app procedures but so far nothing else. If we get different information from them I will update it. 

22 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

We will let everyone know. We have been getting regular emails from RCCL on this cruise once we signed in on the app. Yesterday they sent us a note for the 7 year old with instructions on setting up a testing appointment at the assigned boarding time we requested on the sign in app procedures but so far nothing else. If we get different information from them I will update it. 

I would suggest going to their website and reading the protocols that are posted there.

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

As stated by the OP, they just grabbed a screenshot from the Florida page.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=seattle

It's there on the Alaska cruise pages. See the link. 

Well crap… my Alaska cruise is looking less and less desirable by the day 😩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

At least you don't have travel to get to the port. Not leaving a lot of time for out of towners to get their test and results.

Agree, always Fly in at least 2 Days early for Cruises, will be cutting it close

41 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Breeze just left Galveston about an hour ago, currently in route to Cozumel. Wonder if the report was from a previous cruise?

It was. I posted it but maybe it's considered off topic as thread locked but the thread about the celebrity pax also later has the breeze pax post. 2 of a family of 4, who is now quarantined in a hotel in houston, lives I  ct and cant board a plane.

39 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

It's on rcl website. It was posted in my rcl Galveston group. 

I'd hate you to be barred from boarding saying well rcl didnt email me the change. It just came out today. This posted to my Galveston group.

FYI. Sailing soon on Independence or Liberty? Regardless of vaccination status, will need a rapid or PCR covid test to sail. New guidelines by RC:

• Like 2

I never received an email either nor was there any notification on the app…but I did go to the website and of course saw it there. QUESTION- do we know what types, brands of tests they will accept?  I ask because I saw a antigen test kit available at Walgreens (and the site says test like those available at a pharmacy) but reading the instructions for the test (nasal swab, results in 15 mins, etc) it also says that it is not suitable for travel requirements.  It is from the company BinaxNOW.

I understand why RC feels the need for testing, but I don’t like that at this late stage in the game they are not paying for those of us who are vaccinated or preforming it at embarkation.  Also, they need to update their website as there is the “updated info” box at the top, yet, it still says under “testing” that those who are fully vaccinated do not required any testing to board.

Sorry, I know I can cancel, but I want to cruise dammit!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jcc1025 said:

Check out the protocols..they appear to have been updated

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 7.32.59 PM.png

1 minute ago, chefchick said:

I never received an email either nor was there any notification on the app…but I did go to the website and of course saw it there. QUESTION- do we know what types, brands of tests they will accept?  I ask because I saw a antigen test kit available at Walgreens (and the site says test like those available at a pharmacy) but reading the instructions for the test (nasal swab, results in 15 mins, etc) it also says that it is not suitable for travel requirements.  It is from the company BinaxNOW.

I understand why RC feels the need for testing, but I don’t like that at this late stage in the game they are not paying for those of us who are vaccinated or preforming it at embarkation.  Also, they need to update their website as there is the “updated info” box at the top, yet, it still says under “testing” that those who are fully vaccinated do not required any testing to board.

Sorry, I know I can cancel, but I want to cruise dammit!

The urgent care place that does PCR tests...also does the rapid antigen testing...so you might check out local pharmacies and places doing these tests... the antigen test results are available faster than the PCR test