New cancellations as of Aug 3

5 hours ago, dominicr said:

this is exactly my problem with the way cancelations are being done.  I do not have a problem with the cruise lines canceling cruises as that is their decision but the timing of them is very suspect.  They are waiting until people make their final payments then doing the cancellations for the interest free loans.  I’m sure there are people out there who aren’t fortunate enough to have ample money in the bank and zero balances on credit cards.  I’m not here to judge people on their spending habits but people do need vacations and mental breaks to get away.  Putting a couple thousand dollars on a credit card that has a balance and now paying interest on it for several months just isn’t fair to those folks because a big company needs free money.  I’d actually like to see someone file a lawsuit against some of these companies to see what would come out of discovery and if this was planned that way.  If a company takes your money knowing they will not be giving you goods or services then that is the textbook definition of fraud. 

I would hope there aren't many people foolish enough to pay credit card interest rates to purchase a future cruise............

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

I would hope there aren't many people foolish enough to pay credit card interest rates to purchase a future cruise............

One would hope that but being realistic you know that it happens. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's great news.  They told me they would reinstate my offer as well.  I sure hope it's the same offer.  The ones I've been getting recently have been useless.  All short cruises on ships I don't want to be on !

The two that they said would be reinstated were the tier level annual complementary cruises, 2020 & 2021 (2020 was extended to 2021).  Not the useless ones that they keep sending out every few weeks. 

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep Allure is the obvious one and that would be just fine for us - it’s the mirror image cruise but clearly not the same ship (or I guess ultimate destination)…. Cheers for reply

36 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yes.  I paid my cruise in full w/CC.  Then I immediately paid the CC in full.

Cruise line just got an interest free loan from Bank of BillHoo!

My Oct 02-07 cruise (Enchantment out of Baltimore) just got cancelled.  Now the earliest cruise available in my geographic reach is May 2022!

I may just have to simulate a cruise by checking into a Days Inn and taking all my meals at the Golden Corral Buffet!

Edited by BillHoo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Don't recall what the interest rate was, but RCI offered a payment system for their cruises.

Just talked to my travel agent who is extremely knowledgeable and has bought thousands of royal Caribbean cruises including more than 40 for me and he told me this is a hoax.     It was re-posted here obviously from a hoax perpetrated over on FB which makes perfect sense because nothing is ever posted accurately there

Edited by ericfromri
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Just a quick one if I may…. Has anyone on the Harmony TA received a cancellation email as yet please? Just interested, we’ve received nothing and are interested to see if they offer L&S…. Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing...it is still for sale on the website.  I have asked my account manager at Royal to clarify, also asked on the TA webinar now and I'm on hold dealing with supervisors on another issue and I have asked them....hopefully I can get some clarification

All the other letters were generic and applied equally to all the other cancellations.  same ship, embarkation port, itinerary length and +/- 2 weeks.  Not sure there will be a L&S offer if it is cancelled.  Hopefully I am wrong but the only thing I could see would be Allure.

I just heard back from my account manager who said that the HM TA is not cancelled.  This of course is subject o further changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Uplift (https://www.uplift.com/). Still offered, but you have to call; for some reason it's not offered online right now. 0 to 36% APR, depending on your credit.

0 for 36 on a cruise isn’t bad at all if you want the ding on your credit report for it being pulled.  That’s a good resource though for people instead of carrying a balance at 20+% on a regular credit card. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just heard back from my account manager who said that the HM TA is not cancelled.  This of course is subject o further changes.

My TA just sent me that update as well. Thanks

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My TA just sent me that update as well. Thanks

@Ourusualbeach ***** is going on with Harmony TA…. Is it ‘back on’ or ‘was never cancelled’?????? We’ve spent the day Unpicking travel arrangements and cancelling cruise planner purchases!!!!!!! Who do we claim this type of compensation from!!!!!

I’m now waiting for the keystone cops to come running down the boardwalk following Fain in baggy trousers and with a small moustache  and a cane….

Just now, BigRoger said:

@Ourusualbeach ***** is going on with Harmony TA…. Is it ‘back on’ or ‘was never cancelled’?????? We’ve spent the day Unpicking travel arrangements and cancelling cruise planner purchases!!!!!!! Who do we claim this type of compensation from!!!!!

I’m now waiting for the keystone cops to come running down the boardwalk following Fain in baggy trousers and with a small moustache  and a cane….

Personally, I'm just waiting for more info at this point. We're at the mercy of the travel gods

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

From what I gather it should not have been on the list of cancelled sailings

Looks like Loyal to you always has been updated.  Harmony no longer listed

Please note, however, as we prepare for our return to sailing, it was necessary to make a few sailing cancelations to accommodate these restarts. The below are regrettably canceled:

• Anthem of the Seas® departing Southampton: October 20, 2021
  • Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: September 4-October 11, 2021; December 11, 2021; March 28-April 25, 2022
  • Enchantment of the Seas® departing Baltimore: September 4- December 11, 2021
  • Explorer of the Seas® departing San Juan: October 31, 2021
  • Liberty of the Seas® departing Galveston: September 26, 2021
  • Ovation of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 27, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Radiance of the Seas® departing Miami: October 15, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Rhapsody of the Seas® departing Tampa: February 26- April 16, 2022
  • Serenade of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 24, 2021- February 27, 2022
  • Vision of the Seas® departing San Juan/ Fort Lauderdale: September 5, 2021- January 14, 2022
Edited by Ourusualbeach

Guest BigRoger
11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I gather it should not have been on the list of cancelled sailings

Looks like Loyal to you always has been updated.  Harmony no longer listed

Please note, however, as we prepare for our return to sailing, it was necessary to make a few sailing cancelations to accommodate these restarts. The below are regrettably canceled:

• Anthem of the Seas® departing Southampton: October 20, 2021
  • Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: September 4-October 11, 2021; December 11, 2021; March 28-April 25, 2022
  • Enchantment of the Seas® departing Baltimore: September 4- December 11, 2021
  • Explorer of the Seas® departing San Juan: October 31, 2021
  • Liberty of the Seas® departing Galveston: September 26, 2021
  • Ovation of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 27, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Radiance of the Seas® departing Miami: October 15, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Rhapsody of the Seas® departing Tampa: February 26- April 16, 2022
  • Serenade of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 24, 2021- February 27, 2022
  • Vision of the Seas® departing San Juan/ Fort Lauderdale: September 5, 2021- January 14, 2022

Intern strikes again…… can that intern please just focus their energies on reducing beverage package prices like last time… 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Look at Loyal to you Always.  It is no longer listed on the list of cancellations

I did just check that.  Thanks   I am just beginning as a TA so still learning. I retired from a 45 year career as a nurse last year and after a few months needed something to do. Great time to start a new endeavor. LOL 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

I just got an email from Royal telling me that my excursion in Malaga to Cordoba has been cancelled.  They then offered me an opportunity to take a Malaga City and Tapas Tasting tour.  So maybe the TA is back on.

We did a private Malaga City a d Tastings Tour and it was out of this world amazing! 

3 hours ago, ericfromri said:

Just talked to my travel agent who is extremely knowledgeable and has bought thousands of royal Caribbean cruises including more than 40 for me and he told me this is a hoax.     It was re-posted here obviously from a hoax perpetrated over on FB which makes perfect sense because nothing is ever posted accurately there

What is he telling you is a hoax?  That Royal is cancelling cruises, or are you referring to another specific post in this thread?