Vaccinated Guests now need to be get tested 3 days prior to Cruise AND at the port?

4 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We will be on the Allure in Sept I Hope? We want to play by the rule but what is the rule???

Same here, we are on the 9/12 sailing. Patiently awaiting September's rules. They didn't release August's until the last week in July 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Does anyone really think the vaccinated folks needing a covid test before hand is going to go away in Sept?  I think Sept rules at least for Florida are going to be the same as August

I dont think the pre test policy is going away in Sept, but maybe the mask policy will be reduced?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ADunk said:

I dont think the pre test policy is going away in Sept, but maybe the mask policy will be reduced?

That would be nice but I think I heard on the news yesterday that the mask mandate on public transportation is now extended until or thru January 18

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That would be nice but I think I heard on the news yesterday that the mask mandate on public transportation is now extended until or thru January 18

that doesn't surprise me in the least there is no way to know who is vaccinated or not on public transit, not true on a ship.  

• Like 1

Just my guess - but I see no relaxing of rules for September. I do have some hope for October. GB saw a very rapid decline in cases after their “delta” outbreak. Though some experts are saying that is unlikely to happen in the US since we have large geographic regions with low vax numbers. That said, I’m still hoping for good news. 

Edited by zekekelso

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

That's the allusion, that you have any control of anything anywhere.  You don't.

well something to contemplate...

and after contemplating, I stand by my statement.  If everyone else on that cruise was vaccinated and read the fine print, large print..., then there is no reason this family couldn't.  I shudder to imagine what line of work they were in.  There is no illusion or allusion.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

@JessyCruisesI am in Nova Scotia. I will look forward to reading how the travel and testing all plays out for you coming from the Maritimes! I'm jealous of you! lol

Thanks!  We tested today at 2:20 and we have an appt in the morning at 8:20.  Hopefully both are negative, and then we should be golden 🙂

22 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Why are you getting two pre-cruise tests? 

Sorry I thought I mentioned it here, but I must have only posted it on my live thread.

I logged into the MyHealth NB website last night to put in the request to set up a testing appt.  Our plan had been to schedule the test for  Thursday to cover our Saturday flight & Sunday cruise.

They called me this morning to schedule our tests and I explained our travel plan - (flying on Saturday at 6 AM and then cruising on Sunday and both need a test no more than 3 days prior) so I asked for the test on Thursday.  They were concerned that if we waited until Thursday, the test might not be back before our flight so they wanted us to come in today for a test that will cover the flight and then another tomorrow morning to cover the cruise.  This way we will be sure to get the results in time for both parts of the trip.  They wanted to make sure we had our bases covered.

There is only one location in Saint John that I am aware of and it is a drive through.  Not the most attractive place, but it is efficient.  They did hubby through the drivers side window and me through the passenger. Up the nose & out of there within 5 minutes.  It might not even have been that long. Now we wait for the results!

Both tests are covered by the province - I assume you guys have all your testing covered too? Gotta love that good ole Canadian socialized medicine! 

550D6E1D-494C-48EE-A285-92D60BD64E38.jpeg

6EAD6AE9-6605-4A46-B82F-0D89DD672821.jpeg

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

Both tests are covered by the province - I assume you guys have all your testing covered too? Gotta love that good ole Canadian socialized medicine! 

Oh I see, well that was thoughtful of them!  Yes, NS encourages getting tested (PCR at that) at least once per week for free, no questions asked.

What ship are you sailing on? I might have missed that.  You mentioned you have a live thread?

6 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Oh I see, well that was thoughtful of them!  Yes, NS encourages getting tested (PCR at that) at least once per week for free, no questions asked.

What ship are you sailing on? I might have missed that.  You mentioned you have a live thread?

This is only the 2nd time I have been tested.  The 1st time was in November and I really only went because my son was going for a test and did not want to go alone.  Hubby just got his first test today. 

I am sailing on a B2B2B on the Odyssey starting on Sunday 8/22.  I started my thread a little earlier than I probably should have 🤣. Here is the link:

This Ain't Homer's Odyssey - A Live B2B2B on Odyssey of the Seas (8/22/2021-9/11/2021) - Page 5 - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

1 minute ago, JessyCruises said:

This is only the 2nd time I have been tested.  The 1st time was in November and I really only went because my son was going for a test and did not want to go alone.  Hubby just got his first test today. 

I am sailing on a B2B2B on the Odyssey starting on Sunday 8/22.  I started my thread a little earlier than I probably should have 🤣. Here is the link:

This Ain't Homer's Odyssey - A Live B2B2B on Odyssey of the Seas (8/22/2021-9/11/2021) - Page 5 - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

B2B2B wowza!!!  #dreams