Vaccinated Guests now need to be get tested 3 days prior to Cruise AND at the port?

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now maybe folks have a little understanding about how the people in Seattle were possibly confused resulting in their being denied boarding for their cruise?

I do see their confusion but sometimes you do have to take responsibility for things that happen that you can control.  The other passengers understood and followed the rules.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

This is the part of the message for vaccinated guests. It should be bigger and bolder so it sticks out

Also, the website contradicts the email and vice versa.  I'm making sure I have a PCR test taken the 3 days prior as required -- what happens on the pier and onboard I'll find out.  

• Like 3

So the Royal Caribbean account did not msg me back yet this morning but I had mentioned that after I had gotten the original answer that I also messaged Michael Bayley’s account.  Whoever is running his social just msged me back that vaccinated guests who provide a negative test taken within last 3 days of sailing do NOT need to be tested at the pier.  This was the answer I had been expecting yesterday and was shocked that I had not received.

So there you have it (assuming of course this person. Is actually right) 😃

61F42508-36D1-475C-AD43-38340B88E2F7.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I think what we need here is a good old fashioned Logic flow chart, lol! Remember those? Ask a question. If yes, the arrow goes one direction for what to do. If no, then it goes a different direction with different information. Keep branching out for all the possible combinations to get to the right answer! Put it in front of every RCCL rep so they can keep up with all of the complicated directions we are being bombarded with!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes and no -- if you are traveling, it goes without saying and just plain common sense to get vaccinated (unless of course there is an underlying medical condition).  I can understand the confusion over testing but to travel with a big group, get on an airplane and then a cruise ship, regardless of what the cruise lines require, it behooves anyone in this situation to be vaccinated. 

You are making a completely different point that I would not argue with and happen to agree with. But look at the decisions people make every day. As they say, common sense is not all that common. Heck, one could make the argument that common sense would tell you this is not the best time for leasure travel.

My point is that RCI puts out confusing and contradictory information that is going to lead to problems for customers. Where do you get correct information if you can't get it from the source? Those people in Seattle may have no one to blame but themselves but there are going to be plenty whose downfall will be RCI's confusing information. The fact that this thread even exists bears that out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are making a completely different point that I would not argue with and happen to agree with. But look at the decisions people make every day. As they say, common sense is not all that common.

My point is that RCI puts out confusing and contradictory information that is going to lead to problems for customers. Where do you get correct information if you can't get it from the source? Those people in Seattle may have no one to blame but themselves but there are going to be plenty whose downfall will be RCI's confusing information. The fact that this thread even exists bears that out.

I see your point and I also think part of the reason RCI doesn't update their requirements in a timely manner is that they are worried about cancellations -- the more people wait the less likely they are to cancel.  They are looking after their bottom line and if a few people get confused and denied boarding so be it -- it's the cost of doing business, in their view.  I don't condone this but they are, after all, a business and if this is the way they think they will be able to survive, they will do it. 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

The problem is this recent e-mail doesn't state that if you show your vaccination card, you are exempt from the testing at port and prior to disembarkation.  There are 3 tests and nowhere on the email does it state that vaccinated passengers are exempt from the 2 additional tests.  So do you believe the email, the website, or the rep? 

The email DOES say that, though. The vaccination exemption is under the vaccination section of the email.

Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination (such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) in order to be exempt from certain health protocols and associated fees, including additional COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements

If you read under the testing, only the pre-cruise testing has

This requirement applies even to fully vaccinated guests, there is no exemption. 

It's clear as mud, but it is there. 

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I went back and read it again, that rep is crazy.  What she said is completely contradictory to their web page.  I think what was said as to exemption is correct.  Vaccinated guests who provide their cards will be exempt from any further testing.  That's what it says.  Besides, they are going to issue new protocols for September cruises.  I'm not gonna worry about it.

Right attitude.  Who know what tomorrow will bring??????  Glad I’m not sailing until January.

10 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I see your point and I also think part of the reason RCI doesn't update their requirements in a timely manner is that they are worried about cancellations -- the more people wait the less likely they are to cancel.  They are looking after their bottom line and if a few people get confused and denied boarding so be it -- it's the cost of doing business, in their view.  I don't condone this but they are, after all, a business and if this is the way they think they will be able to survive, they will do it. 

Again, we agree. However, with the way prices are dropping, even with reduced capacity, I suspect demand is not what the cruise lines would like us to believe. Angry customers denied boarding can make a lot if noise. That noise may influence potential customers who are on the fence. There goes the bottom line.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's clear as mud, but it is there. 

But then in a section further down it makes no distinction whatsover that Vaccinated passengers are exempt from the PCR testing they will be doing at pier...so it contradicts the first statement, that's why people are confused...are we or are we not exempted?  Whoever wrote the statement is clueless as to what they just did.

• Like 1

RCL needs to stop with the generic statements and use the app to tailor the requirements presented to the customer. If a passenger is vaccinated, why even present them the requirements for the unvaccinated. Like wise for the unvaccianted, the app should spell out the exact days you should be tested and not the genteric x to x days before sailing, it should say, you need have a X test between XXXday XX/XX/XXXX to XXXday XX/XX/XXXX for the sailing on XXXday XX/XX/XXXX.

• Like 5

It all should be included so people can see the difference. The problem is only that they include everybody in a series of sequential events.

Totally solved by simply having all vax info in one section, and all unvax info in another section. No common section.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

But then in a section further down it makes no distinction whatsover that Vaccinated passengers are exempt from the PCR testing they will be doing at pier...so it contradicts the first statement, that's why people are confused...are we or are we not exempted?  Whoever wrote the statement is clueless as to what they just did.

Yup..it gets confusing. I know at some point I saw it specifically spelled out vaccinated vs. unvaccinated in protocols but then they moved away from that to this current formatting and it is causing confusion.

I am confident that they're not going to retest vaccinated passengers at embarkation, even if it was a way for them to make money. It would take way too much time. They aren't even giving the option to pay for a test at the port over the hassle of getting the pre-cruise test on your own.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

RCL needs to stop with the generic statements and use the app to tailor the requirements presented to the customer. If a passenger is vaccinated, why even present them the requirements for the unvaccinated. Like wise for the unvaccianted, the app should spell out the exact days you should be tested and not the genteric x to x days before sailing, it should say, you need have a X test between XXXday XX/XX/XXXX to XXXday XX/XX/XXXX for the sailing on XXXday XX/XX/XXXX.

Absolutely perfect!  Why don't you call them and tell them that!  I always said, they should just tell us what test day based on our reservation...too easy I guess!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yup..it gets confusing. I know at some point I saw it specifically spelled out vaccinated vs. unvaccinated in protocols but then they moved away from that to this current formatting and it is causing confusion.

I am confident that they're not going to retest vaccinated passengers at embarkation, even if it was a way for them to make money. It would take way too much time. They aren't even giving the option to pay for a test at the port over the hassle of getting the pre-cruise test on your own.

I second this.  Especially for a very short 3 night cruise. 

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

All I want to know is why are we paying for ANOTHER test at the pier when we could get that done at home for FREE~  OK now, this is definitely not kosher. Did I understand that right?  We (vaccinated) have to do a PCR at pier and the cost will be on our cruise bill?  I will be calling them tomorrow.

I agree, would not be kosher at all. That would add $712 to the cost of our cruise, which is 20% of our cruise cost. 

14 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I just want to get on the ship. I’ll test anywhere, and as many times as needed. Before, during, and after. Just please let me cruise. 

yes, we want to cruise too, but if this unnecessary additional testing adds 20% to my cruise cost, I would be highly upset. Why would we vaccinate, get tested 3 days prior, and then pay $178 to get tested again at the pier? That's a lot of money. I don't mind the testing - test away, but I do mind paying for it if we got vaccinated and will wear masks. If the unvaxxed people have to pay more for the pleasure of cruising - fine, I don't mind that.

So, I hope RCI will not add this $$ testing for vaxxed peeps.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

42 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

If people just did the right thing and got vaccinated....most of this back-and-forth procedural stuff could have been eliminated.

Very true. However, RCI has contributed to the mess by not requring vaccines. Thar would have eliminated plenty of  problems.

• Like 9