Just FYI: New Limitation on Non-Alcoholic beverages included the Beverage packages

RGEDad

In looking at the Beverage purchase pages, and the FAQ pages - there appears to have been a change in HALs approach to limiting non-alcoholic beverages. 

From the Signature Beverage Package Purchase Sales - 

"Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). "

And from the Quench Beverage Purchase Site: "The package has limit of up to 15 beverages per day"

The HAL FAQ page still has the following: 

The Signature and Elite packages have a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages, which includes all alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less (Elite Beverage

Package), or $11 or less (Signature Beverage Package). The Quench Beverage Package includes unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and bottled waters 500ml and under...

Correct - But that is not what is still stated in the FAQ, Nor is this historically been for the beverage packages (where non-alcohol beverages were not counted) - as I recalled

I just wanted to make sure that people looked for the new terms are (and  know that the FAQs have NOT been undated - Yet.)

I have never used the beverage package - in any form - but I have seen considerable...discussions...on the matter in CC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We’re on the cruise right now and we’re surprised that the limit was 15 drinks total since the FAQ on the HAL site and the only mention anywhere on the HAL site of the beverage package is that it includes 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited nonalcoholic drinks. We ended up going over the limit one day because we ordered a bunch of water bottles (we drink a ton of water) and had some drinks and sodas and got charged. We ended up having to go to the beverage manager and show him what the website still shows in order to get it fixed. It was a very frustrating experience 

7 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

We’re on the cruise right now and we’re surprised that the limit was 15 drinks total since the FAQ on the HAL site and the only mention anywhere on the HAL site of the beverage package is that it includes 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited nonalcoholic drinks. We ended up going over the limit one day because we ordered a bunch of water bottles (we drink a ton of water) and had some drinks and sodas and got charged. We ended up having to go to the beverage manager and show him what the website still shows in order to get it fixed. It was a very frustrating experience 

Do they still give you a separate beverage card or is it loaded on to your room card?

On 8/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, Boytjie said:

I just looked at a dummy booking and say this under Have It All:

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.20.48 PM.png

We never reached a combo of 15 drinks on any day.

With NCL there is NO Daily Limit and it includes all Beverages priced at US$15.00 or lower and includes Gratuities! 

• Like 1

When I booked it was quoted as 15 max per day, I rarely drink alcohol but do love coffee so I did note the limitations.  Perhaps this is the difference between the new regime of included beverage package and the older method of buying a separate package.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boards said:

Is coffee not available in the Exploration Cafe for 50% of cost for 4 star and higher and soda pop free?

Soda has never been “free” unless you have a beverage package.
Yes on the coffee discount, including (sometimes) the ones with alcohol. 

• Like 1

We will taking our first HAL cruise in November and have previously bought the  beverage package on Carnival and Princess. This new policy on HAL comes as quite a shock and feels like the ultimate nickel and dime. The package is always our biggest expense but we love that we can drink alcoholic beverages, sodas and bottled throughout the day without worrying about limits. May be our first and last cruise on HAL if it cramps our cruising style. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the other lines (especially CCL owned) don't follow suit.

• Like 4

So now your $2.40 expresso in the mornings has a $11.00 value ......  $1.75 bottled water cha-ching --> now $11.00 .....

Additionally , I'll just say --- This is following the new " Have It All" that doesn't include gratuities, and  these sly (maybe they won't notice) type changes are pretty insulting, and HAL must have a pretty low opinion of the intelligence of their clients .

Virtually every cruise line that offers a version of HIA includes gratuities , as well as Virtually every line that sells beverage packages does NOT include non-alcohol drinks in their daily limits. ... 

This pandemic has been a eye opener for me with HAL, and as soon as I can use the THOUSANDS of $$ that I foolishly let them have in FCC, and after years of loyalty to HAL I'll be letting my wallet do the walking 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Additionally , I'll just say --- This is following the new " Have It All" that doesn't include gratuities,

Have it all is basically the Signature Beverage Package and yes, it does include gratuities on the drinks. 😉 

Edited to say - I thought you were referring to the drinks’ gratuities but realize it is the Crew Incentive (former HSC) that I think you are referring to.  Apologies

If this change is indeed the new "norm"  it makes HAL extremely uncompetetive vs Princess, Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, etc who all include unlimited non-alcoholic beverages in the drink packages (whether included as a booking perk or purchased).  Poor showing by HAL, especially on top of the increased cruise pricing and the "Have it All" offer not including the normal Hotel Service Charge/Crew incentive/Gratuity (whatever they are calling it this week) like Princess and Celebrity doe with their similar offers.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Soda has never been “free” unless you have a beverage package.
Yes on the coffee discount, including (sometimes) the ones with alcohol. 

Sorry you are wrong.  I have gotten soda pop for free many times from the exploration cafe and not with any card, just being 4-star got us the pop, but only at the exploration cafe.  If you ordered it at a bar, you were charged, or from your mini-bar in your cabin.

Edited by boards

20 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If this change is indeed the new "norm"  it makes HAL extremely uncompetetive vs Princess, Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, etc who all include unlimited non-alcoholic beverages in the drink packages (whether included as a booking perk or purchased).  Poor showing by HAL, especially on top of the increased cruise pricing and the "Have it All" offer not including the normal Hotel Service Charge/Crew incentive/Gratuity (whatever they are calling it this week) like Princess and Celebrity doe with their similar offers.

The gratuity can be confusing, if your brain is pre-programmed that "Have it all" means the hotel service charge.  I read "gratuity" really quickly when making a booking and at first didn't catch that they just meant tips for the drinks.  In the past, hotel service charge has been part of promotions.  So people need to look very closely at what they are purchasing.

• Like 1

Apparently "Have It All" does not include "Having It All" 😏  Another instance where HAL means to say something but writes it the wrong way or with the wrong terms.  They definitely needed a technical editor much more than they needed a brand ambassador 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boards said:

Sorry you are wrong.  I have gotten soda pop for free many times from the exploration cafe and not with any card, just being 4-star got us the pop, but only at the exploration cafe.  If you ordered it at a bar, you were charged, or from your mini-bar in your cabin.

Wow, I didn’t know that. Thanks! 😊

1 hour ago, boards said:

I’d love to hear who else has gotten this.  I’m a 5 star, have been for a while and I have never gotten any free pop at the explorations cafe.  

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

But the guests said the preferred the shorex credit to gratuities 😛.  Didn’t you hear that little nugget?  I wonder who they asked.

• Like 1