When will the 48-72 hour testing requirement be gone ?

glrounds

22 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

My prediction as to when the 2 day requirement for testing is gone is when they change it to a 1 day requirement.😢

Ha.  I think that would effectively kill cruising. I, for one, am not taking a flight to THEN get tested at the port.  Be non-symptomatic and fail? Then what?  Not doing it. I know you're just kidding mostly.  Sort of mostly!  

But I agree that 2 or 3 day testing is here for the long haul.  If anyone can't handle the protocols as they currently stand, they should cancel as things won't be getting easier anytime soon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Maybe, just maybe when everyone is vaccinated with a booster, the CDC will consider it.

Don't get too excited...they'll be talking about the 3rd or 4th round booster before the first one makes a financial windfall....I mean before the first one is fully distributed lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Maybe, just maybe when everyone is vaccinated with a booster, the CDC will consider it.

Those who have already received their vaccinations probably are not resistant to the booster shot, just like getting an annual flu shot. But getting those resistant to the vaccine getting even their first required shot will remain a large problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Best would be to test everyone at boarding. It reduces the possibility of fraud.

Laughing at fraud as it reminds me of a story I once heard about an NFL player who tried to beat a urine test for steroids. He did manage to substitute urine with no steroids, but still failed the test as the test showed that HE WAS PREGNANT.🤣

Not a cruise line issue, not a testing issue and not a CDC issue, its a global pandemic issue!  In this country as long as there are people refusing to get VAX for whatever reasons, then the pandemic wins and makes the rules...like it or not!

Obviously there is way more to worry and fret about than whether or not you can get a test before leaving on a cruise at this point.  You want to cruise then jump, you have options and this is a 1st world problem at best.  

• Like 4

After getting off the Panorama yesterday and after having a wonderful cruise and home safe it brings me much joy to know that the anti-vaxxers will continue to stand at the pier watching the ships sail without them. It was reassuring not to have these adults around us onboard. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

It's the endless wheel...keep the pot stirred with " What if, What might? What could?".  I think the Delta Variant is getting a little news fatigue...SO....out comes the "MU" variant which in time will lead to another " ITS ME AGAIN" Variant. CDC and endless offices of bureaucrats endless shoveling position papers on more control" It aint ending ever.....

As i recall, The yearly Flu epidemic has not ended. So just because we all want to Cruise again we think this is going to end? 

On 9/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, glrounds said:

Not cruising on the PANORAMA again until January 29th (final payment Oct 31st). You cruise pros that have John Heald's ear might know the answer. Look into your future ball and tell me if I will "most likely" be able to avoid the 36-72 hour Covid test before boarding? Otherwise going to cancel. Just tired of all the hoops, restrictions and conditions. 34 Carnival cruises, maybe I've had enough.

I put my bet on April 2023

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Laughing at fraud as it reminds me of a story I once heard about an NFL player who tried to beat a urine test for steroids. He did manage to substitute urine with no steroids, but still failed the test as the test showed that HE WAS PREGNANT.🤣

That reminds me that NFL players not fully vaccinated are tested daily, and fully vaccinated players are tested weekly. No big deal.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, glrounds said:

Not cruising on the PANORAMA again until January 29th (final payment Oct 31st). You cruise pros that have John Heald's ear might know the answer. Look into your future ball and tell me if I will "most likely" be able to avoid the 36-72 hour Covid test before boarding? Otherwise going to cancel. Just tired of all the hoops, restrictions and conditions. 34 Carnival cruises, maybe I've had enough.

January 13th at 2:04 pm. 

On 9/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, bucfan2 said:

Bottom line - follow the $$.  When the profits from all of the hoops don’t outweigh the cancellations, it’ll change. 

For better or worse, the cruise lines must follow the CDC guidelines.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I don't know that they have to follow CDC guidelines, but they follow them for safety.

I'm fairly certain the CDC has the authority to shut them down again if they don't follow the protocols.

I'm willing to accept if I am wrong on that.

17 minutes ago, gtalum said:

I'm fairly certain the CDC has the authority to shut them down again if they don't follow the protocols.

I'm pretty sure most cruise lines will follow the CDC guidelines whether or not the CDC has any authority.

2 hours ago, gtalum said:

That is not what the judge in the Florida case ruled, and his decision has not been overturned. There are no longer requirements, only recommendations. But the cruise lines have chosen to still follow them.