The Daily for Wednesday September 08, 2021

richwmn

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Guess I’m not the only one having these problems. Wonder what the CC gremlins are up to, other than being really irritating. 😡

Trust me, you are not alone 😉. Have no idea why at the time but it was dam frustrating as it was an important post and I had 10 @‘s in it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

I am going to be "famous"!  HA!!!!  On Friday I am doing an interview for a local TV station for September 11.  I am the only local Red Cross person who responded to NYC after 09/11. Also went back another time.  Don't know what type of interview it will be, but will be fun.

Wow!  You deserve the recognition.  Have fun at your interview!

• Like 3

Debbie, @dfish, first I want to wish you Bon Voyage and congratulations on your negative covid test. CC has been acting up so much for me that I’m not really up to speed after getting home, but I did read that you got your upsell!  Yay!  You will love it. We had so much space and didn’t even use it all. 

Second, do you keep track of all the recipes you post?  When I cleared my browsing history I lost a recipe and can’t find it now. It was the Australian one, I don’t remember the exact name. 

Thank you!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Trust me, you are not alone 😉. Have no idea why at the time but it was dam frustrating as it was an important post and I had 10 @‘s in it.

Wow!  So far what I fixed in my settings has helped with my reply posting but I’m still having some issues. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Prayer request please for BIL who fell getting into daughter’s car yesterday.  Fractured femur, wrist and hip — 80 years old.  On morphine now but we will know more later today.

Sending positive thoughts!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie, @dfish, first I want to wish you Bon Voyage and congratulations on your negative covid test. CC has been acting up so much for me that I’m not really up to speed after getting home, but I did read that you got your upsell!  Yay!  You will love it. We had so much space and didn’t even use it all. 

Second, do you keep track of all the recipes you post?  When I cleared my browsing history I lost a recipe and can’t find it now. It was the Australian one, I don’t remember the exact name. 

Thank you!

Thanks, Sharon.

No, I don't keep the recipe, but I do have all the pictures.  None of them are Australian sounding.  I would think it would be something on the barbie.  Do you have an idea of what was in it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

Late afternoon greetings!  @rafinmd you can take me off the Care list rotation--went in today for additional mammogram and ultrasound.  Results are really unknown, but radiologist talked to me personally and advised that although he doesn't know what is showing up, he thinks it might be a lymph node (unusual/but leave it to me), and wants everything re-done in 6 months.  Talking to him really eased my mind, so will just wait till March for more fun!!  Personally, I have never seen or talked to a radiologist before--always just see their reports.

@dfishcongratulations on getting the result on your pre-cruise test!  At testing center today they were happy I had also done a test (negative) post-cruise.

@durangoscotsglad your biopsy results were good, and I join you in celebrating.  Glad the stitches are out.

Many thanks to all for making this a most wonderful place.  This is my only "must visit" place each day.  Such sharing and caring of everyone who frequents the Daily.

I am going to be "famous"!  HA!!!!  On Friday I am doing an interview for a local TV station for September 11.  I am the only local Red Cross person who responded to NYC after 09/11. Also went back another time.  Don't know what type of interview it will be, but will be fun.

Have a great evening!

Glad you got the to talk to the radiologist and that he eased your mind. If he thought it was something serious, he wouldn't say wait 6 months.

That's an honor to be interviewed about your experiences in NYC after 9/11.

Lenda

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thanks, Sharon.

No, I don't keep the recipe, but I do have all the pictures.  None of them are Australian sounding.  I would think it would be something on the barbie.  Do you have an idea of what was in it?

Well, I’m embarrassed, I just found it and it was New Zealand. 

https://food52.com/recipes/76077-new-zealand-style-beef-cheddar-pies

I do appreciate all your time posting the recipes. You do a fantastic job!  

Have a great cruise!  ⛴

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

Is that Mederma scar removal gel available without a prescription? I have a place from   " Moze on the nose" that I'd like to minimize! Thank you!

I know I was able to easily find it over-the-counter when my son had a cyst removed from his cheek a few years ago.  It was a fairly large incision, and the dermatologist told him to do all he could to keep sun off of it for a good year, and use mederma twice a day.  It's barely visible now.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Well, I’m embarrassed, I just found it and it was New Zealand. 

https://food52.com/recipes/76077-new-zealand-style-beef-cheddar-pies

I do appreciate all your time posting the recipes. You do a fantastic job!  

Have a great cruise!  ⛴

Well, New Zealand is close to Australia.  I remember that recipe because it reminded me of UP Michigan Pasties.   Thanks!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I don't know what was wrong this AM but it kept asking me to sign in and then wouldn't allow me to.

Me too. I could post and couldn’t respond to more than one post without having to sign in again.🙄

If anyone wonders why I didn’t react to your post, I probably tried several times and eventually thought I had.

• Like 5

Thanks to Rich for the Daily,  to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists, and to everyone who contributes to this thread. 

@Seasick Sailorthanks for sharing your recipe, am keeping a copy to make during Strawberry season.

@VMax1700enjoy your new car.

@durangoscotsgreat news of your pathology report, hope your face feels more comfortable with the sutures removed.

@Lady Hudsonbest wishes to your BIL for his recovery.

This morning went down to the large supermarket, a few empty spaces on the shelves, everyone wearing masks and trying to social distance.

Stay safe , take care everyone. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I often click on Reply to this topic and it saves the quote if I don't send it for whatever reason.

If I click on the X I can continue my post.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210909_093832_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210909_094259_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes, CC does save your post IF it hasn’t posted.

The problem is when CC posts don’t work, (you click send and it goes but doesn’t post) the system think the post is sent so it is not saved.  Hope this makes sense?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

How is his breathing?  Any improvement there?

Roy

He said last night that he does not feel as winded when walking from one room to another. Thank you for asking.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes, CC does save your post IF it hasn’t posted.

The problem is when CC posts don’t work, (you click send and it goes but doesn’t post) the system think the post is sent so it is not saved.  Hope this makes sense?

Thanks.

All my posts are on my Android mobile phone.

It has happened twice when I reply directly to a post but so far not when I use the click to reply button.

I can understand it being very frustrating with a long detailed post disappearing.

Graham 

• Like 3