Odyssey and Oasis both in coco cay on same day

Just saw that Independence will be there the same day as our cruise on Enchantment.  I'm so disappointed.  Reserved space at the Beach Club and now Independence will be there 2 hours before us.  I'm thinking I'm not going to have much luck with a decent beach front spot 😞

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Just saw that Independence will be there the same day as our cruise on Enchantment.  I'm so disappointed.  Reserved space at the Beach Club and now Independence will be there 2 hours before us.  I'm thinking I'm not going to have much luck with a decent beach front spot 😞

You'd be surprised.  We were on the Adventure and met up with the Odyssey and there was lots of room on the beach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5soonerfans said:

We just got back from our cruise on the Freedom. The Allure was also at Coco Cay when we were and it did not seem crowded at all. I don't know how many passengers were on the Allure, but the Freedom had 3,200. It was a Perfect Day. 😀

How could they have had 3,200 passengers when that’s more than 50% full? As far as I know they aren’t supposed to have more than 50% to comply with the CDC.

We're on Harmony on a b2b and at CC both weeks and are scheduled to be with Independence the first week and due to a change from Labadee and Falmouth to Cozumel and Costa Maya, we're now scheduled in CC with Oasis and Odyssey  for the second week, although one of their itineraries could have changes too.  Because right now, our second week still shows us on HOTS on our original date.  We'll just go with the flow.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5soonerfans said:

We just got back from our cruise on the Freedom. The Allure was also at Coco Cay when we were and it did not seem crowded at all. I don't know how many passengers were on the Allure, but the Freedom had 3,200. It was a Perfect Day. 😀

We had 2700 passengers on the Allure this past week. I saw a different CoCoCay than a month ago on Mariner. Only 2000 passengers total between Mariner and Freedom that day. I could almost get any lounger by the pool that day at CoCoCay. This past Saturday? People were putting towels on the grass cause zero loungers available. Longer line at Snack Shack too, hate waiting for my mozzarella sticks. lol! 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Google "coco cay port schedule" and mapper the cruise.  🙂

Jan 3 = Odyssey and Oasis

Jan 10 = Oasis

Our Labadee spots on Mariner were shifted to other ports. Currently scheduled to be there October 31 and November 3, neither show on cruise mapper

I wouldn't put too much faith in the schedule for CC because so many Labadee and Jamaica stops have been rerouted to Mexico which disrupts the schedule.  I just reread my above post.  Our first week is the one that CC was rescheduled that puts us in CC with Oasis and Odyssey (assuming they've had no port change). Our second week, we're with Indy.  So, we shall see what it really works out to be.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How could they have had 3,200 passengers when that’s more than 50% full? As far as I know they aren’t supposed to have more than 50% to comply with the CDC.

Freedom has been exceeding the 50% limit.   this past weekend they 3300 passengers and I heard on 10/1 sailing they had 2900.   I guess because they are only 3 or 4 night cruises a lot more people are booking them for weekend trips.

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They did.  Actually at the top tier they said 3,300.  

I didn't think the combined crowds from Allure and Freedom were that bad.  The pool bar was busy but there was seating.  Maybe not front row at the pool but there was seating.

Not gonna lie.  The ship had much more energy, was more lively with 3,300.  Kind of enjoyed it.  Still a big ship for 3,300 guests so not bad.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I read that Liberty was at 70% for the Columbus weekend sailing.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Update to post 14. It was freedom last weekend. Captain announced they had the largest passenger count since the restart with 3300 passengers.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Freedom has been exceeding the 50% limit.   this past weekend they 3300 passengers and I heard on 10/1 sailing they had 2900.   I guess because they are only 3 or 4 night cruises a lot more people are booking them for weekend trips.

I thought they had an agreement with the CDC not to book over 50% passengers. Am I wrong or are they just exceeding what they agreed to?

Y'all are scaring me with these Freedom passenger numbers! Our cruise on the Anthem has been shortened to a 6-night from a 7-night and now our "Perfect" Day at Coco Cay will be shared with Freedom.  At this point, I'm pretty sure we'll be lucky if our Anthem cruise hits 40% capacity. With all the changes, so many have moved off our sailing.  But we still can't purchase cruise planner items and have zero idea of what cabanas are available or what they will cost.  It's all very frustrating and not at all what we had planned for our cruise.

But, it's a cruise and we've all booked flights and hotels ages ago, so we cannot change at this late date. So we're going.  It just might be a 6-day cruise on a ship none of us have ever been on.

9 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Y'all are scaring me with these Freedom passenger numbers! Our cruise on the Anthem has been shortened to a 6-night from a 7-night and now our "Perfect" Day at Coco Cay will be shared with Freedom.  At this point, I'm pretty sure we'll be lucky if our Anthem cruise hits 40% capacity. With all the changes, so many have moved off our sailing.  But we still can't purchase cruise planner items and have zero idea of what cabanas are available or what they will cost.  It's all very frustrating and not at all what we had planned for our cruise.

But, it's a cruise and we've all booked flights and hotels ages ago, so we cannot change at this late date. So we're going.  It just might be a 6-day cruise on a ship none of us have ever been on.

You do realize that CC can handle two completely full ships at one time, right?  It was built for that.  As for cruise planner items, ours for Nov/Dec b2b have been available for a while.  Although with the change to our first week itinerary, the planner hasn't caught up and excursion dates and availability aren't currently showing correctly.  Normally with two ships, they split the  cabanas, beds, etc.   But, we're just happy to be cruising again.

Edited by BND

7 minutes ago, BND said:

You do realize that CC can handle two completely full ships at one time, right?  It was built for that.  As for cruise planner items, ours for Nov/Dec b2b have been available for a while.  Although with the change to our first week itinerary, the planner hasn't caught up and excursion dates and availability aren't currently showing correctly.  Normally with two ships, they split the  cabanas, beds, etc.   But, we're just happy to be cruising again.

But they’ve distanced loungers so I’m assuming there are less of them.