Sky Princess implements new mask wearing rule … sip and cover!

seapals2

Just now, wrongwaywatson said:

I didn't see anyone one on here saying that they won't follow the rules.  We are just saying that they make no sense, if you are "following the science".    When the rules have changed since final payment, I think people have a right to complain.  

I definitely think you have every reason to complain. And, I believe you should be given the option for a refund.

But, I also think they are following science by requiring masks.  Masks do work.   Those who don't believe they do, next time you have a dental appointment, medical appointment or surgery, say that masks are not necessary for your procedure. 

12 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

My comment is hardly absurd.  As for Delta... pretty sure several vaccines are better than 90% effective.    I still stand by my premise.  IF one is concerned about dying due to covid, one would trust others with wearing a marginally effective mask?  Nope.  I'm not saying the vaccine is foolproof.  I'm saying that masks aren't improving risk mitigations all that much for, yes, the imposition that it's imposing.  If wearing masks are no big deal, why do most remove them ASAP?  Even our president, CDC leaders, FDA leaders, etc.  And why not wear them all the time to reduce exposure to other diseases?  

Just like driving. If speed limits were reduced to 55 mph, thousands of lives would be saved.. but we have higher limits on many roads.  Balance is key.

We should implant them permanently at birth in a shape of each human’s nose nostril opening and see who will survive, so a new human would be developed forever virus free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, minikiss said:

Mask wearing here in the UK is suggested  in shops, venues and indoor areas but its a personal choice, for us we are still very happy to wear one. 

So wearing them on board if it meant we could cruise again we were happy to go along with it. 

The way i see it is it's a small price to pay to have a much needed holiday. 

They do so to keep you safe, by you wearing one to, you are showing them some respect for what they are doing to get cruising started again. 

Well said. I 100% agree and I'm happy Princess is keeping us safe. Just got off the Majestic on Saturday and I'm happy to report that I didn't see anyone complaining / refusing or giving anyone a hard time about wearing masks.

• Like 2

Just finished the Sky cruise to France and Spain between 15/22 October.  We had a lateral flow test before boarding so, theoretically, all passengers were free of infection.  Some slackers on the mask front who had to be reminded of the requirements all the time.  Sip and Cover in place in bars and entertainment venues but some got a bit cavalier with it.  Got back last Friday and had the compulsory Day 2  PCR test.  Result showed I was negative but wife was positive.  Not sure how it happened but could have been shore visits, could have been on board.  Beware people, nothing is foolproof.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, barriedavis said:

Just finished the Sky cruise to France and Spain between 15/22 October.  We had a lateral flow test before boarding so, theoretically, all passengers were free of infection.  Some slackers on the mask front who had to be reminded of the requirements all the time.  Sip and Cover in place in bars and entertainment venues but some got a bit cavalier with it.  Got back last Friday and had the compulsory Day 2  PCR test.  Result showed I was negative but wife was positive.  Not sure how it happened but could have been shore visits, could have been on board.  Beware people, nothing is foolproof.

Hopefully, your DW showed little to no symptoms and will recover soon.

52 minutes ago, Dreamer333 said:

Good idea re cancelling your cruises.

We prefer to cruise with passengers who are happy to follow the mask mandates.

What to be happy about not to be able to breath the ocean air? The opposite is the whole point of vacationing in sea waters. Otherwise, why to be on a ship at all?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, tonyd285 said:

How come Celebrity is sailing all over the world mask free?  As for Covid running rampant, we live in Central New Jersey which is essentially a Covid free zone.  Maybe in some parts of the country the unvaxxed are creating a problem but if people are fully vaccinated and have had a test prior to boarding the risk seems minimal.  Anyway, the idea of sitting in a lounge and wearing a mask which I can only pull down to sip seems over the top to me.

Celebrity is not mask free in Europe, nor is any other cruise line. Celebrity is mask free for cruises from the US.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm passing no comment, other than to say that sip and cover is not being implemented on Sky at present. But 100% of pax are wearing masks when walking around inside the ship.

Any chance you would know how the masking policy is being implemented up in the Sanctuary?  I don't imagine it's as busy as it normally would be on a warm weather cruise but I'm curious as to how the masking situation is up there. We board the Sky on November 20 in Fort Lauderdale and are very big fans of the Sanctuary on port days.  Thanks....

On 10/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, coo359a2 said:

It's not just Princess or any cruise line that requires you to "sip and cover".  After serving drinks and snacks, Southwest flight attendants were reminding everyone to sip/bite and then mask up after taking a sip or bite of a snack.  This was back in June flying from out of Las Vegas.

Not required on Celebrity. 100% vaccinated. No one wore a mask on our 7 day Alaska cruise.  Have requested refunds on fcc with Princess. Celebrity also has a place to sit in balcony rooms. First time on Celebrity after 25 Princess cruises. It blew me away as it was so much better  . Service. Food. Customer service. Flame away but it is true. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Any chance you would know how the masking policy is being implemented up in the Sanctuary?  I don't imagine it's as busy as it normally would be on a warm weather cruise but I'm curious as to how the masking situation is up there. We board the Sky on November 20 in Fort Lauderdale and are very big fans of the Sanctuary on port days.  Thanks....

Sorry, no idea. We don't even know where the sanctuary is, or what it is!

15 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

It blew me away as it was so much better  . Service. Food. Customer service. Flame away but it is true. 

Given the price differential, Celebrity should be much better than Princess. You get what you pay for.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Given the price differential, Celebrity should be much better than Princess. You get what you pay for.

Just glad there are enough different cruise lines that you can find the one that is a best fit for you and make that choice and never have any regrets on cruising..  

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

A live report will be nice to read.  That said, it should not be any different than use of other free loungers on the open decks.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I compared two nine day cruises. Requirement was a  love seat in the room. To get this on Princess I would have to book a deluxe balcony. Celebrity has them in all balcony rooms. Cost was $200 total more with Celebrity . Plus croissants are made with real butter and strawberries available to my room for breakfast every day. Last three on Princess refused. 

That being said, Princess has more itineraries  and I would book in the future if no Celebrity-doing the same thing. 

10 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I compared two nine day cruises. Requirement was a  love seat in the room. To get this on Princess I would have to book a deluxe balcony. Celebrity has them in all balcony rooms. Cost was $200 total more with Celebrity . Plus croissants are made with real butter and strawberries available to my room for breakfast every day. Last three on Princess refused. 

That being said, Princess has more itineraries  and I would book in the future if no Celebrity-doing the same thing. 

Fair enough. Have never seen such a small difference on UK sailings.

19 hours ago, barriedavis said:

Just finished the Sky cruise to France and Spain between 15/22 October.  

Did you have to complete any special health forms before going ashore in France & Spain? Thanks.

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

Did you have to complete any special health forms before going ashore in France & Spain? Thanks.

Some friends of ours are on a cruise that stops in France. They had to get a French Vaccine Passport if they wanted to go inside for dining or museums.  Not required if you just visit, and do not go inside.

53 minutes ago, nocl said:

Some friends of ours are on a cruise that stops in France. They had to get a French Vaccine Passport if they wanted to go inside for dining or museums.  Not required if you just visit, and do not go inside.

Great info. Thanks! 

23 hours ago, lx200gps said:

On Sky at present .14 day Med from Southampton. Masks worn whilst entering Sanctuary, masks can be removed whilst on beds...most people are wearing masks whilst moving around ship indoors and whilst entering restaurants and bars, removed once sitting at table. Only place where sip and replace mask is required appears to be in theatre and in Princess live. Have to say impressed with everyone abiding rules and the staff are fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellagiio said:

On Sky at present .14 day Med from Southampton. Masks worn whilst entering Sanctuary, masks can be removed whilst on beds...most people are wearing masks whilst moving around ship indoors and whilst entering restaurants and bars, removed once sitting at table. Only place where sip and replace mask is required appears to be in theatre and in Princess live. Have to say impressed with everyone abiding rules and the staff are fantastic.

Are you suggesting people have to wear a mask while walking about the open decks?  If not - and I would think not, IDK why walking in/out Sanctuary would be any different.