Royal Caribbean Covid testing requirement

zabs

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'm totally happy with the restrictions, very glad that they are in place. How can precautions go "too far"? The precautions aren't onerous. 

48 minutes ago, pbokie said:

Do you really understand what you are saying with the comment "how can precautions go to far"  I hear China is looking for more people.

If you read the full context from MommaBear, she also said "the precautions aren't onerous".  I fully expect that what she meant to say was "How could somebody think that the precautions from RCI are going too far?".  There's no need to add a devisive comment about China.    

• Thanks 1

I asked 3 simple questions. Only one person had the decency to provide a helpful answer (the eMed test which if anyone had done any checking would know the availability of those tests all expire 12/1 which does me no good). All others responding chose to bash me for daring to question why a FULLY VACCINATED person should be subjected to a 48 hour negative test. Thanks for nothing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zabs said:

the eMed test which if anyone had done any checking would know the availability of those tests all expire 12/1 which does me no good)

<trying to be helpful>  From what I have seen, none of the Abbott BinaxNow COVID AG Card stock from Optum will expire before your cruise:

There is a nationwide short supply of Covid Antigen tests therefore your test kit may expire as soon as December 21, 2021.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack-rc

Since your sailing is 12/05/2021, you would take the test either on 12/03/2021 or 12/04/2021.  So this could be exactly what you needed.

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

It is over the top. Their vaccines played a factor in then being completely asymptomatic, as would very likely be the case if they somehow spread it to another passenger. It’s okay to admit when rules and precautions go too far

Hmmm... If there enough virus to test positive, there is enough virus to spread the disease. No one that test positive is welcome on a ship, plane, train, or outside a quarantine facility. To do so is totally irresponsible and endangering the lives of people around them. To say that it is o.k. to have COVID and be on a ship, so long as you're not hacking up a lung is wrong. And lets face it, the average cruise ship passenger is going to be older and more at risk should they catch the virus (we fall into the old-old with pre-existing conditions group). 

We enjoy cruising and have been on 3 cruises since the restart. But, we appreciate everything that can be done to mitigate the risk of catching COVID while on our cruises. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zabs said:

I asked 3 simple questions. Only one person had the decency to provide a helpful answer (the eMed test which if anyone had done any checking would know the availability of those tests all expire 12/1 which does me no good). All others responding chose to bash me for daring to question why a FULLY VACCINATED person should be subjected to a 48 hour negative test. Thanks for nothing. 

I heard they may extend the expiration dates and they are trying to get new ones that are good beyond December. No idea when you'll be able to buy though. Good Luck.

11 hours ago, zabs said:

I asked 3 simple questions. Only one person had the decency to provide a helpful answer (the eMed test which if anyone had done any checking would know the availability of those tests all expire 12/1 which does me no good).

I believe the emed test kit expiration was extended 3 months from date shown on the test kit.  

As your cruise is early december you could wait till mid november to order the kits thru emed or optum and should be just fine🤩

19 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Yes to above. Use the remote proctored emed covid test.  Purchase one extra just in case.  I’d wait to buy until after the November protocols have been announced to see what direction things are headed. 

If there are two of you, note that it is easy to screw up this test (or you may just want to have a practice run). The good news is that there’s a reasonably priced 6-pack (not much more expensive than a 3-pack). The bad news is that it’s currently out of stock.

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That option is slowly going away.

Cruise with Confidence is in effect for anyone who books by October 31 and sails before April 30. I agree that a lot of the restrictions will be lifted after that, especially if we don't have another huge surge this winter. That would also give plenty of time for people to get their children 5 and over vaccinated. 

42 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I would argue that three tests for a child to cruise for one week is very onerous. With numbers going down the way they are, would expect testing to be greatly reduced soon.

It would certainly be interesting to know if any kids become positive once they have boarded. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If there are two of you, note that it is easy to screw up this test (or you may just want to have a practice run). The good news is that there’s a reasonably priced 6-pack (not much more expensive than a 3-pack). The bad news is that it’s currently out of stock.

One included “free” shipping, one did not. Overall the prices are pretty similar. 

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Does anyone know or have any experience if they're testing at Houston (IAH) or Port of Galveston?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

Click on the link for Galveston at the bottom to register for testing at the port.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zabs said:

(the eMed test which if anyone had done any checking would know the availability of those tests all expire 12/1 which does me no good). 

I am sailing on Oasis too, and my proctored tests don't expire until later in December.  Good for an early December cruise.  🙂  And who knows, the rules may change again.   

18 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI could opt out of those rules at any time.

Which, of course, would be the stupidest thing they could do. Why ever would they jeopardize public health on their ships AND, thus, their own ability to continue operations while avoiding liability for negligence?

• Like 2

If RCCL decided to opt out of any CDC protocols, they would not be allowed to dock any ship at any United States port.

We have sailed 4 times out of Galveston since RCCL has been allowed to restart cruising. I promise they ARE following all CDC guidelines. We had to pre register all information including sending photos front and back of covid vaccination records along with photos of our Passports. We had to provide evidence of a negative Covid test within 48 hours. Anyone without this proof was denied boarding. There was a clinic on the seawall that would do this testing for $100.00 a person, but it took 3 hours to get the results. I do not know if RCCL is now providing these tests or not.

The CDC has people on board monitoring compliance with the regulations at all times. At Galveston everyone over the age of 12 has to present proof of vaccinations.

9 minutes ago, spunks said:

would you please explain this. I do not believe it is so.

The CDC imposed CSO rules became recommendations (instead of requirements) a couple of months ago. CDC even added a "grey" category to the listing of ship status on their web page, which meant that that particular ship is not reporting nor following CDC recommendations. While they could, none of the companies have chosen to do this.

2 minutes ago, spunks said:

If RCCL decided to opt out of any CDC protocols, they would not be allowed to dock any ship at any United States port.

Where do you get that? RCI could go back to testing three days out instead of the current two days and nothing would happen.