Our daughter is an Activity Host!!

snowmc

I can FINALLY announce that our daughter Erin has joined Celebrity Apex as an Activity Host!  She is currently in quarantine and will begin work on Nov 18th.  If you sail after that, please say hi!  She is looking forward to providing fun entertainment opportunities and sharing her love of cruising with passengers. You can follow her adventures on Instagram at EnchantingErin. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, snowmc said:

I can FINALLY announce that our daughter Erin has joined Celebrity Apex as an Activity Host!  She is currently in quarantine and will begin work on Nov 18th.  If you sail after that, please say hi!  She is looking forward to providing fun entertainment opportunities and sharing her love of cruising with passengers. You can follow her adventures on Instagram at EnchantingErin. 

Congrats!  Can I ask if your daughter is an American citizen since you live in FL?  Just curious as there are so very few American crew members.

• Like 1

Please pass on my congratulations to your daughter Erin.

My daughter Valentina, started out as an activities host on Constellation. Through her job she met her future husband Adolfo (Venezuelan) who was an Audio/Visual engineer.

She got promoted to Activities Manager and even became a stand in Cruise Director for a few days when her boss had to take compassionate leave at short notice.

Erin will have a wonderful experience and I hope you are as lucky as we were to cruise on various ships whilst our daughter was aboard working. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowmc said:

How exciting! Glad for you all.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Please pass on my congratulations to your daughter Erin.

My daughter Valentina, started out as an activities host on Constellation. Through her job she met her future husband tine Adolfo (Venezuelan) who was an Audio/Visual engineer.

She got promoted to Activities Manager and even became a stand in Cruise Director for a few days when her boss had to take compassionate leave at short notice.

Erin will have a wonderful experience and I hope you are as lucky as we were to cruise on various ships whilst our daughter was aboard working. 

I knew Valentina and hope she is well. Look forward to meeting Erin on Apex. Congratulations to Valentina, Erin and their families.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Congrats!  Can I ask if your daughter is an American citizen since you live in FL?  Just curious as there are so very few American crew members.

Of note, these are one of the few positions where we do often find U.S. personnel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, snowmc said:

Very nice and congratulations.

• Like 1

Congratulations to your daughter!  I know she'll have a wonderful time.  Shared experience....our daughter was in the Entertainment cast on several ships during the summer and for a few years after her BFA education.  It was super having a reason to cruise different lines.  We settled on Celebrity...ironically, she was never on...but did enjoy the shows on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

We cruise on Apex 20 Nov also and will be looking for her! Always nice to have some level of connection with the Staff. What a great job…..

I’ve been reading, well listening really, to a set of murder mysteries on cruise ships by an English author, Dawn Brooks, and it’s a neat perspective about the ship and the Staff. Fun. 

den

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes....she is.  We currently live in Florida but she grew up in Idaho.

• Like 1

Mickey -  Let us know how Erin's experience is once she is aboard.   Really excited for her.

You have had a busy year with your son getting married and now Erin getting her assignment.   I was hoping to meeting her on Millennium but I think she will enjoy Apex more.

• Like 1

Congrats too. She will have a ball. Great the people are getting back to the jobs they love.

Served beers in a pub in Hamble, Southampton yesterday by a junior deck officer off Solstice. He is hoping to be back on a Celebrity ship in the new year. You can see Warsash Naval College from the pub so must be a fair few merchant mariners around here. 

• Like 1