Muster drill question

The muster drill is a lot simpler than it once was.  We obtained our seapass and then went to the muster station to be cleared doing it as soon as we could.  We watched the video well ahead of time to go to the muster station.  

On the Symphony last month as you boarded the ship (we were on by 11:15 am) the workers in green vests told us if you already watched the message on your phone take your set sail  pass and go to your station to get your muster requirement done.

We did, they scanned our set sail pass, did the quick 2  min. in service and off we went.

We did not have to wait for our sea pass, cabins did not open till 2pm. anyway.

Stay safe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, GJustice said:

Make sure to take your SeaPass so they can scan it. We went early (before we got the cards) and they checked us off the paper list, but had to go back later and let them "officially" scan us as having been there.

We have been on four RCI cruises in the last few months. For all four cruises we went to our muster location as soon as we boarded the ship. They scanned our boarding passes on our phones and we never had to return with our sea pass. What ship were you on that made you come back with your sea pass card?

On 11/11/2021 at 6:21 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have been on four RCI cruises in the last few months. For all four cruises we went to our muster location as soon as we boarded the ship. They scanned our boarding passes on our phones and we never had to return with our sea pass. What ship were you on that made you come back with your sea pass card?

Independence. They just marked it on the clipboard, didn't ask for phone or paper.

I sailed on Mariner last month, and we went straight to our muster station first, to get it done with. They gave us stickers to put on our Sea Pass Cards. Your Sea Pass Cards are now at your room and not at port check-in. So we just carried the stickers (attached to backing, not sticky) with us to our room to put on our Sea Pass Cards immediately after. Once in our room we watched the videos. We got it all done and over with as soon as we got on the ship.

I will say though, it’s not a glitch-free system yet. We still got a letter outside our state room alleging we hadn’t completed the muster requirements, but at the bottom of the letter it said “IF YOU COMPLETED THE MUSTER DRILL, DISREGARD THIS LETTER.”  I immediately called Guest Services, told them we had done everything, had the stickers on our Sea Pass Cards, and our videos were marked complete in the app, and they just said they’d notify the Safety Officer. It was easily resolved but weird. So when we sail this month, I think we’re going to watch the muster videos on the room tv, which is also an option, in case it was an app glitch.

Edited by emory2001

On 11/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, GJustice said:

Make sure to take your SeaPass so they can scan it. We went early (before we got the cards) and they checked us off the paper list, but had to go back later and let them "officially" scan us as having been there.

They scanned our Set Sail Passes since we didn’t have our Sea Pass Cards yet, because we went straight to the muster station upon boarding.

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The video may be available before boarding.

Biker, who viewed the video for Oasis on the NJ Tpky on the way to the ship.

I watched the video a couple days before sailing.  Asked if that was OK when I went to check in at our muster station and they said yes....later on that day got a call in my stateroom asking if I had watched the video...still some technical issues to work out