Been on hold with Carnival for three hours now.

asalligo

Just now, famof4togo said:

I am suprised it kept you on hold that long...a few weeks ago I was trying to get through and it basically said "we are super busy and don't want to keep you on hold too long so call back another time".

Yep, none of that today. 3:13 right now and I suspect someone might even be picking up every once in a while and putting me back on hold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

Well except for the super long hold time, that went wonderfully. They refunded my deposit for my March 13th Pride cruise with no push back at all.  

Great news! I need to wait for April protocols to be released and attempt some changes myself with, hopefully, no push back. Glad it worked out for you! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I'm on hold with them daily because of my job. The level of anxiety I have once someone picks up and starts working on my request is unbelievable. Because if that call drops..... back to the end of the line you go...

I completely understand this. It’s like SLOWLY going up the rollercoaster hill, then you rush to get it all out on the way down. 

1 minute ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I'm on hold with them daily because of my job. The level of anxiety I have once someone picks up and starts working on my request is unbelievable. Because if that call drops..... back to the end of the line you go...

That occurred to me while talking to her. I was on pins and needles until she completed what she was doing. I am also very impressed that Carnival just gave my money back. Would have been a completely different conversation two years ago if I had attempted to cancel ten days before final payment. I hope Carnival weathers this storm. 

I was on the phone for about an hour this afternoon before I finally got an actual person. That was after three tries with the message that they were having technical difficulties and once where I was speaking with a rep and then got disconnected. At least I got my problem taken care of!

After my Horizon cruise for Dec 11th was cancelled I called my PVP for 3 days asking him to call me back to reschedule something else for that week. When he called me back last night I told him I was booked on Allure of the Seas exact same days. Just had him apply my money to a cruise we have booked next year. I don't have the patience for three hours on hold.

• Like 2

I'm at 5 hours and 45 minutes right now....but waiting to talk to person number 6 which is SUPPOSED to be Executive Relations.  I'm starting to see this as a challenge...my phone battery vs. closing time and adding in a second variable of will the line drop.    😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's open a California Call Center run by competent friendly  Californians   where every call is answered in minutes! None of the crazy boasting advertising. 

Then we fix the callback system that calls me back way too soon and makes me wait still.

Ugh!

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Why don't people use TAs and let them deal with the long holds? Is being on hold forever part of the benefit of having control of your booking?

Any TA I know has office hours.  Do you know one who will take my calls 24/7?

4 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Are you implying that the call centers for the cruise lines are open 24/7?

And TAs have e-mail which is available 24/7.

Edited by ontheweb
added second paragraph
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Actually my TA answers emails usually within 20 minutes. I think the guy doesnt sleep or has a alarm on my phone if a email hits. 

I've called him only twice. First time and once to get his opinion of cheers since I dont drink much. He thought it might still be worth changing over to for my vista. Usually for changes I just email ..including 6 cancellations. Plus ship changes. Plus rcl lift and shifts. He always answers right away. 

Love reading posts, just my thoughts.

1) Times aren’t Normal ( understatement)

2) You have x amount of call center reps, Carnival PVP’s

3) You have xxxxx amount of pax calling for various reason

4) Corps are giving more work with “less” people

5) Carnivals tech department is lacking at times ( overseas ???)

6) System overload ??????
7) Yes they could implement a system where they say you’re estimated waiting time is xxx. Other companies do that.

The times are changing, just need to ride that roller coaster.