To Cancel or not to Cancel

Pickels

51 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Some choice!   If we cancel our March cruise and are issued an FCC, it has to be used for a cruise during the 2022 hurricane season!  Some choice! 

Our FCC was for a cruise to Iceland and I used part for a Alaska cruise last Oct. 

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Some choice!   If we cancel our March cruise and are issued an FCC, it has to be used for a cruise during the 2022 hurricane season!  Some choice! 

If one is married to Caribbean would be a problem.  If it was me, I'd have a plan B

• Like 2

1 minute ago, colliercruiser said:

From the Celebrity website...

image.thumb.png.850144840df074bfaf1ad37e06aa68a8.png

So it seems that you need to use it for a sailing by March 2022... and applied to that cruise by the end of May 2021.

Correction... you need to apply it by end of May 2022, not 2021.  Time flies!

55 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

You might consider not cancelling. So called expert believe this latest outbreak will peak in two weeks in Florida and by end of February be almost gone.

Funny but I said the same thing on another thread and the moderator removed it. They must have thought it was political or misinformation...

4 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Funny but I said the same thing on another thread and the moderator removed it. They must have thought it was political or misinformation...

Let’s wait and see but same college professor made a similar prediction on the delta variance variances last fall and was spot on.

34 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

yea different threads and differ mods.  I am seeing too many deletions and then ones I think should be, are not.  oh well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

A lot can change between now and March.  Projections are that the Omicron wave should be pretty much over by then.

I would expect that the crew would also be in better shape since a percentage will have gotten it and finished quarantine by then leaving them pretty low risk for several month.

I am viewing that the 3-6 month period  after the Omicron wave peaks as an ideal time to travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Hurricane season is 6 months of the year. Rebook and cross that bridge when it gets closer. If it appears at all.

Agree and hear far far more about on land damage from a hurricane than ever on a ship.  Let the good times rock n roll!

I just saw in another forum that Cunard has changed their contract to basically say that they can strand you in a foreign port if you get Covid, and you are on your own.

Has Celebrity done that?

Our FP is due Jan 23.  I am going to ask if they would extend the date a month or so.  I think asking for FP 90 days out in these uncertain times is asking for cancellations.  If they won't extend we will cancel.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, Pickels said:

I called Celebrity. The person was wonderful. I just rebooked something for next year and all was transferred over to the new booking. Even kept on board credits. If you cancel then you will get FCC. Easier to rebook and deal with this all later. 

Edited by DragonflyCruiser

We were scheduled on the Silhouette Jan 14. but are now going to cancel. I just called our Travel Insurer (Allianz). I asked if the recent CDC announcement that no one should cruise means that our policy would not cover us on a cruise. The answer was that it would not cover us. Here is the wording in our policy as an exclusion, 

"The following conditions and exclusions apply:

d. You must not have traveled against the orders or advice of any government or other public authority at any location to, from, or through which you are traveling on your trip." 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, 2chiefs said:

Or they watch news channels that scare everyone by spending 50% of the show with Covid stories….   I feel bad for them.  

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Our FP is due Jan 23.  I am going to ask if they would extend the date a month or so.  I think asking for FP 90 days out in these uncertain times is asking for cancellations.  If they won't extend we will cancel.

Our payment was due today for April 3 sailing.  Celebrity would not extend so we cancelled.