Laundry for Platium Members

FSUDAVE

The last time I used the Platinum 'Wash & Wrinkle' service on the Miracle, everything, to my surprise, everything came back neatly pressed and on hangers.  Did someone just make a one-time mistake, or this the new standard?  It would be great if pressing is now included, but I can't imagine Carnival actually making an improvement to an existing benefit.  I did check my bill to make sure I hadn't been charged for the additional service, but there was nothing added.

Has anyone else had their laundry come back pressed?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Old Fart Cruisers said:

The last time I used the Platinum 'Wash & Wrinkle' service on the Miracle, everything, to my surprise, everything came back neatly pressed and on hangers.  Did someone just make a one-time mistake, or this the new standard?  It would be great if pressing is now included, but I can't imagine Carnival actually making an improvement to an existing benefit.  I did check my bill to make sure I hadn't been charged for the additional service, but there was nothing added.

Has anyone else had their laundry come back pressed?

mine came back folded in paper bags on Mardi Gras, Panorama, and Vista.

2 hours ago, FSUDAVE said:

Are they currently allowing the "bags" of laundry for Platium members to be processed on Carnival ships?  

Im Diamond but when I was on the MG in August I didnt chance the laundry bennie as who knows what it would be like after so long. brand new ship crew members etc. 

46 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Im Diamond but when I was on the MG in August I didnt chance the laundry bennie as who knows what it would be like after so long. brand new ship crew members etc. 

Worked great on MG in August.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FSUDAVE said:

Are they currently allowing the "bags" of laundry for Platium members to be processed on Carnival ships?  

B2B 12-12 and 12-18 on Freedom, both cruises laundry came back in bags folded nicely.

For those that use this service, have you ever noticed that the clothes come back shrunk? I have always wondered if they use high heat when they are washed and dried.

The reason I ask is that at home I wash most stuff in cold water, but use hot when doing certain types of items.

42 minutes ago, Oletruckdude said:

We will be doing our first B2B next month and our first as platinum. How do you tip for this service? Envelope in the bag with the dirty clothes?

How much did you normally tip for a bag?

Thanks in advance!

I've never tipped the laundry workers. If anything, I consider how many bags I sent out and how timely the room steward returned clean clothes when deciding to tip more than the auto gratuities. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I've never tipped the laundry workers. If anything, I consider how many bags I sent out and how timely the room steward returned clean clothes when deciding to tip more than the auto gratuities. 

That makes sense. Thank you 👍

On 1/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, Mandar13077 said:

For those that use this service, have you ever noticed that the clothes come back shrunk? I have always wondered if they use high heat when they are washed and dried.

The reason I ask is that at home I wash most stuff in cold water, but use hot when doing certain types of items.

It is definitely hot water and high heat. If I recall the laundry page even stated hot water wash. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, Oletruckdude said:

We will be doing our first B2B next month and our first as platinum. How do you tip for this service? Envelope in the bag with the dirty clothes?

How much did you normally tip for a bag?

Thanks in advance!

I always leave a $5 bill on top of the bag, which we leave on the bed so the steward will see it.  I always get it back within 1 day, if not sooner.

Edited by pe4all

It is hot water and dryers so be careful what you send. They put all passengers laundry in washers together so wouldn't you want it to be hot water? I send stuff that won't matter if it does shrink. Underwear,socks,teeshirts. Stuff like that.

Laura

• Thanks 1

Did multiple bags on the Panorama in December and again on the Radiance last week.  All submitted in the AM, all returned within 24 hours.  All nicely folded in bags.

Not sure if the Carnival laundry shrinks your clothes, but the clean stuff seemed to fit OK.  I don't particularly like the smell of the returned laundry.  But having clean clothes trumps the smell.

I've certainly never had anything returned that shrunk.  I actually think that's more about too many buffet trips! 🤪  That said, yes, perfect for socks, underwear, T-shirts.  You know, that stuff you can avoid having to pack too much of as a result.

• Like 1