On Board Breakaway 01/09/2022

NCLGirl2013

Just wanted to give a shout out because I have been reading so much negative stuff about NCL and cruising these last few weeks. We boarded in New Orlenas today and it has been nothing short of FANTASTIC! COVID testing took us 17 minutes start to getting our results. 9:22 AM To text at 9:39AM. The staff has been SO attentive and wonderful. I have zero complaints about anything for this entire day. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

Just wanted to give a shout out because I have been reading so much negative stuff about NCL and cruising these last few weeks. We boarded in New Orlenas today and it has been nothing short of FANTASTIC! COVID testing took us 17 minutes start to getting our results. 9:22 AM To text at 9:39AM. The staff has been SO attentive and wonderful. I have zero complaints about anything for this entire day. 

It’s not over yet, only day 1. Things can can in a heart beat. It’s a sign of the times.

Hopefully it stays wonderful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

Thank you sharing I don't cruise the breakaway till April but it is great to read good news from passengers. Please enjoy your cruise and keep sharing. 

8 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

After you park your car and walk to the terminal is that where you get tested?  My husband can use his Rollator but I’m a bit concerned about standing in any kind of lines for long periods of time.  We are platinum. He is signed up for a wheelchair. Do you have any idea if there are lines especially for these situations?  Thank you so much for posting. We will be on the breakaway in a couple weeks. Concerned about the ports and entertainment.  

I am booked on the 1/16/2022 Breakaway sailing.  Unfortunately 2 of the 3 guests have tested positive using home tests.  Very few symptoms!  We are doing the PCR test tomorrow.  I really wanted to go but will probably have to postpone.  I look forward to living vicariously thru your posts!

5 hours ago, ddlb said:

After you park your car and walk to the terminal is that where you get tested?  My husband can use his Rollator but I’m a bit concerned about standing in any kind of lines for long periods of time.  We are platinum. He is signed up for a wheelchair. Do you have any idea if there are lines especially for these situations?  Thank you so much for posting. We will be on the breakaway in a couple weeks. Concerned about the ports and entertainment.  

There was not a platinum line in LA for testing since the test is before check in. We waited a long time for testing but we didn't wait to get on board. The people that tested early had to wait until noon to get on board. They didn't board our ship earlier than that so it was wait before or wait after. I know every port is different because of employment limitations, etc. But either way we would have had to wait. 

5 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

There was not a platinum line in LA for testing since the test is before check in. 

You get to choose your testing window.  I took the first opportunity and it was quick and painless.  The Platinum line doesn't apply until check-in.  Testing is very egalitarian 🙂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

That sounds great, we are on next Sunday the 16th. Spent yesterday packing and seeing if the Breakaway left port as if looks like it did roughly an hour late.  as we fly to NOLA on Friday morning. Hope to hear more about the cruise and if all of the shows are playing. 

• Like 2

We'll be on Breakaway on January 30.  Can you tell me where they do the Covid testing?  I thought I saw on one of the posts here on CC that it's done at a hotel adjacent to the port.  Also, can you tell me if the thermal suite in the spa is open?  My friend and I have our spa passes.  This is probably the thing we are looking forward to the most.