Luminae Burger

W283386

I am always amazed when people rave about hamburgers as I find most non fast food hamburgers very similar.  However, there seems to be a consensus that the Luminae Burger is fantastic.  Why is it so good?  Also, for those of you that have had a Guys burger on Carnival which do you think is better?

I love a made to order, freshly cooked, flavorful, beef and cheese burger.  The everyday Luminae burger checks all of the boxes for me.  And the fries that come with it are very good too.

BTW, I have occasionally heard on these boards that Luminae offers a burger at lunch that is a lamb-beef mixture as a special.  That would not check my boxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a big burger fan and is probably my favorite thing to eat.     I enjoy the Luminae Burger but have to admit it isn't the best I have ever eaten.   I would take a 5 Guys Burger over a Lumnae Burger any day.  The Luminae Burger is cooked fresh to the temperature you request and served hot.    To me it is too large and rarely eat the whole thing.  

Having said that I also really enjoy the burgers near the pool.   Always have to have a couple of those. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I love a made to order, freshly cooked, flavorful, beef and cheese burger.  The everyday Luminae burger checks all of the boxes for me.  And the fries that come with it are very good too.

BTW, I have occasionally heard on these boards that Luminae offers a burger at lunch that is a lamb-beef mixture as a special.  That would not check my boxes.

I'm not sure if the Lamb Burger is a mix.   I believe it to be just lamb but will have to check on that.   I LOVE the lamb burgers.   I don't remember seeing is since cruising resumed.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a big burger fan and is probably my favorite thing to eat.     I enjoy the Luminae Burger but have to admit it isn't the best I have ever eaten.   I would take a 5 Guys Burger over a Lumnae Burger any day.     It is cooked fresh to the temperature you request and served hot.    To me it is too large and rarely eat the whole thing.  

Having said that I also really enjoy the burgers near the pool.   Always have to have a couple of those. 

I do like a 5 Guys burger too.  Maybe they should put a franchise on Celebrity ships.  That would be awesome.  Sort of like Johnny Rockets on RCCL.  Good burgers there too.

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm a big burger fan and is probably my favorite thing to eat.     I enjoy the Luminae Burger but have to admit it isn't the best I have ever eaten.   I would take a 5 Guys Burger over a Lumnae Burger any day.  The Luminae Burger is cooked fresh to the temperature you request and served hot.    To me it is too large and rarely eat the whole thing.  

In n Out does it for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I do like a 5 Guys burger too.  Maybe they should put a franchise on Celebrity ships.  That would be awesome.  Sort of like Johnny Rockets on RCCL.  Good burgers there too.

JR on Royal is good for sure..had it last September..

I am on a Keto diet (blown all to h*** on my recent cruise), so for lunch I ask for the burger without the bun. I received just two plain patties no bacon, cheese or other Keto friendly items. When you eat just the meat then you find out how it really tastes, I would take a Smashburger.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I think I am spoiled by the gourmet burgers available in my hometown, because I was really unimpressed with Luminae's burger after reading all the hype on here.

Yes I think that would be generally true for me in that there are a lot of local burgers that are excellent where I live.  But if talking burgers on Celebrity ships - very limited options.  But decent made-to-order burgers at Luminae, Lawn Club, sometimes in the MDR at lunch.  The Mast Grill/Pool Grill is great for some people here but I find them to be greasy and lower quality.  (Food is subjective).

50 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Buy a chuck roast, grind it at home, cook to your preferred doneness..enjoy. 

I’d love to be on a ship enjoying a tasty burger right now..

Do you have a meat grinder?  I guess I could try a food processor.

I am not a burger eater generally. I hated the one I experienced at JR on RC. Never again, just voluminous and fatty…

However, the ones we have enjoyed in Luminae have been meaty and tasty…Agree too big to eat the full bun and if I am going to enjoy a lunchtime burger I skip starters, half a bun and dessert! 

I cannot tell the difference between Luminae and Lawn Club meat.  May be the same.  I do know that the Mast Grill  meat is not the same quality but  with all the toppings, it tastes just great.  Plus you have to get the bun grilled as well.  After all, I am on vacation and sitting at a pool outdoors.  

Back home, I enjoy Texas Roadhouse and Five Guys.  

The Luminae burger on Summit in December was delicious -- juicy and perfectly cooked to medium.  Don't tell, but my husband asked the maitre 'd on the next to last day at dinner if he could have one for breakfast before disembarking.  The chef agreed and he enjoyed it just as much as the first one!  The crew on Summit are among the best.

• Haha 1

There's a couple of secrets to Guys, their burgers they have to adhere to a recipe of certain ingredient quality, bean counters be damned.  While they use a quality blend, they also use butter and Garlic-paste on the buns.

The biggest factor with burgers is always going to be the quality of the beef, many pre-packaged hamburger from chain supermarkets are just grounded leftover scraps.  Yet many supermarkets will grind your steak for free if you ask the butcher.  If you can find hamburger that states "chuck", you're already doing better than most.  Even cooking that from frozen would be better than a never frozen patty of ground scraps.  If one is wanting to elevate them even more you get into blends and many "elite" blends include brisket and short rib.  Finally, if you're local Costco or Sams Club has American Wagyu hamburger, it's a bargain at about $7/lbs which can be frozen.  From there, season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some Worcestershire sauce, toast and butter the buns and put on which ever toppings you desire and you will have a burger that's consistently better than 95% of the burgers out there.