Covid outbreak on the Ruby

Optotronics

7 hours ago, Akit said:

12:30-ish near Coit Tower, and 1:30-ish at the pier.  From walking by the lines, there was at least two of them funneling into the terminal building, and it was moving slowly.  Did see passengers slowly get aboard, few on their balconies at 1:30.

Update: Ship left SF at 6:18PM via VesselFinder.  

I wonder if they delayed all boarding due to a deep sanitization of the entire ship.  

56 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

There was really only one line to go into the terminal yesterday.

Do you know what the reason was behind the long line?  Seems as if an entirely different boarding procedure was in place for this cruise.  Any idea what it was?  do they do a deep clean after a Covid cruise the way they do after a Noro cruise?  Was there some new, longer health check or testing procedure in place?

11 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I wonder if they delayed all boarding due to a deep sanitization of the entire ship.  

I don’t believe so. My husband was on the ship from the previous cruise and he said people were boarding early, just very few of them. I was irritated enough that, when I reached the terminal, I asked the lady who was directing us into lines (Elite, special assistance needed) about the cause. She said she’d never seen anything like it and that they think it was because it was the most passengers boarding the ship since COVID (1000 more than last cruise) and they all came at one time (they did not, or the line wouldn’t have doubled after we got into it). 

It’s in the past for the guests but I hope someone in charge does a review of what happened. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

As far as I know, it’s recommended but not required. But many people (possibility most) are wearing masks. We are wearing masks. 

There was really only one line to go into the terminal yesterday. There was a much shorter line for people who needed to be tested. I don’t know if that then got them a faster entrance into the terminal (it would have been worth it).  I waited at least 90 minutes outside, and it was amazing to me that, the line where I started in it grew to become as long as the line I waited in, so I could extrapolate that to mean the outside line grew to be three hours long. About 3:30pm, the captain announced that there were still people waiting to board. We did not sail until about 6pm. I felt so badly for those people older than me who had to stand all that time. 

Thank you so much for answering my question. Are you planning on moving your comments to a new thread?  Or just on your blogspot?  I would love to follow along with you and G on this sailing. 

I am so sorry to hear about your boarding experience.  I know what you mean about the crew making up for these kerfuffles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Joy_Kor anyone else currently onboard. Did the Captain keep the masking order in place?  

One thing to note.....KN95 required the last 2 days of last cruise and when I returned to the ship yesterday after going out for a while I found a pack of surgical mask left on my bed.  My room never was refreshed yesterday so I did not get the letter about masking guidelines which you usually (last 2 cruises) get on embarkation day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with @PescadoAmarillo, 1000 more passengers AND stocking the ship for 1000 more people was the reason for delayed departure, not deep cleaning.

The day after my husband went to quarantine a 2 person suited up crew came and sanitized my room.  They do not wait until end of cruise.  Also, when they came to get him 2 hazmat suits and the guy walking behind him had a spray bottle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are 24hr into our 5 day hotel quarantine.

no contact from princess, the cdc or anyone.

last night was rough with many visits to the toilet to..,.

muscles ache like never before, head pounding and very congested; but no fever. I don’t want to even move, but breathing is good and coughing the Covid out. Yesterday I felt the worst was over, now I’m not so sure.

my wife, who they said tested negative (we never saw proof of her tests) is now not feeling well either. the quarantine support is non existent. The hotel staff is allowed to bring DoorDash up to our room and knock, but when my wife ordered a sandwich, fries and dessert for herself from the hotel restaurant it cost over $40 and she was required to go down to the restaurant to pick it up??

ladt night she used DoorDash to get herself and order of sesame chicken, rice and coke and that cost $45. 
to survive on the $100/ day they allow for expenses we will order some groceries by DoorDash with our allotment.

I need to call insurance today when my head stops pounding.

I feel sorry for those on board right now if they didn’t make everyone including staff to take a pcr test departure, it will be worse in Hawaii. 

• Like 8

We need to understand and use common sense not only when cruising but in everyday life. Covid is everywhere, supermarkets, etc.....take the proper precautions you believe in and live your life...I have lost family & friends to Covid (not on a Cruise) and it is something we will be living with maybe for the rest of our lives. Be smart about it.......plan on sailing on the Ruby to Alaska in August & will take the proper steps required for making the trip safe.......hope everyone will recover from the sailing & Princess makes the proper adjustments. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

muscles ache like never before, head pounding and very congested; but no fever. I don’t want to even move, but breathing is good and coughing the Covid out. Yesterday I felt the worst was over, now I’m not so sure.

my wife, who they said tested negative (we never saw proof of her tests) is now not feeling well either. the quarantine support is non existent. The hotel staff is allowed to bring DoorDash up to our room and knock, but when my wife ordered a sandwich, fries and dessert for herself from the hotel restaurant it cost over $40 and she was required to go down to the restaurant to pick it up??

ladt night she used DoorDash to get herself and order of sesame chicken, rice and coke and that cost $45. 
to survive on the $100/ day they allow for expenses we will order some groceries by DoorDash with our allotment.

I feel sorry for those on board right now if they didn’t make everyone including staff to take a pcr test departure, it will be worse in Hawaii. 

Have you gotten any medicine?  I think you are still in the window to get Paxlovid but you would need to get it soon.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

We need to understand and use common sense not only when cruising but in everyday life. Covid is everywhere, supermarkets, etc.....take the proper precautions you believe in and live your life...I have lost family & friends to Covid (not on a Cruise) and it is something we will be living with maybe for the rest of our lives. Be smart about it.......plan on sailing on the Ruby to Alaska in August & will take the proper steps required for making the trip safe.......hope everyone will recover from the sailing & Princess makes the proper adjustments. 

Common sense and experience indicate that no amount of self protection is sufficient if others do not participate.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Have you gotten any medicine?  I think you are still in the window to get Paxlovid but you would need to get it soon.  

My wife brought plenty of cold and medical on the cruise, so we do have that. No medicines provided.

we are in better shape than others who didn’t bring meds or are feeling too Ill to use DoorDash to order them.

Edited by Optotronics
Punctuation
  • Like 6

I wish someone from the cdc will do a real investigation.

DoorDash driver said her mom works at airlines and tons of fake Covid cards out there.

it makes sense.

when we arrived to embark, we expected to show our rapid test, have our vaxx cards scanned and verified and then get a pcr test. None of this happened. They only did a quick look at our cards and didn’t scan the QR code at all, same with the rapid test result… it could have been a screen shot of someone else’s.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

With all those symptoms and how you are feeling, please, please seek medical care ASAP.

Don't assume all will be OK without medical treatment.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

My wife brought plenty of cold and medical on the cruise, so we do have that. No medicines provided.

we are in better shape than others who didn’t bring meds or are feeling too Ill to use DoorDash to order them.

Dang, if I lived closer, I'd bring some excellent homemade meals for you and drop them off at your door, knock and high tail it out of there.  Sure hope you feel well soon.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

I wish someone from the cdc will do a real investigation.

DoorDash driver said her mom works at airlines and tons of fake Covid cards out there.

it makes sense.

when we arrived to embark, we expected to show our rapid test, have our vaxx cards scanned and verified and then get a pcr test. None of this happened. They only did a quick look at our cards and didn’t scan the QR code at all, same with the rapid test result… it could have been a screen shot of someone else’s.

Do you have any paperwork with the Family Assistance phone number on it?  If so, please call asap.  This is who is suppose to be helping you post cruise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

With all those symptoms and how you are feeling, please, please seek medical care ASAP.

Don't assume all will be OK without medical treatment.

Thanks,

I feel rotten, I think I’ll be fine in a few days. Like a really bad flu/ cold. I’m more concerned about the brain fog and the long term / permanent damage effects that can happen.

I just didn’t want to see them repeat the same mistakes they made with our cruise by dropping all the testing.

we were so successful in protecting ourselves from Covid over the last 2 years.

we also thought that if someone tested positive onboard, they would do contact tracing using the meddaian to find close contacts annd then test them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Dang, if I lived closer, I'd bring some excellent homemade meals for you and drop them off at your door, knock and high tail it out of there.  Sure hope you feel well soon.  

Thats sweet of you.

Our DoorDash groceries just arrived and a wonderful couple we met onboard (best thing of the cruise) who also both got Covid and live local have also offered to bring food for us if needed.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Call your Dr since youre Not a local.  Dr could call RX in for you, and Rx delivered to hotel.

Paxlovid could help you or your wife.  But believe it needs to taken within 5 days.

You already tested Positive. 

Call your Dr, report symptoms & let Dr help decide this!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Optotronics said:

I wonder if you can contact Princess to have them send someone to test your wife again?  Keep all receipts. Take care.

1 hour ago, Optotronics said:

Hopefully, this information will help.  The allotment from Princess for food is $100 per person, per day.  I'll attach a copy of the letter we were provided while onboard the Emerald last month and the info from the company contracted to assist you while in isolation.  You will be reimbursed for the food allotment.

Btw, you will not hear from Princess or the CDC.  We were allowed to walk around outside the hotel, while wearing masks.   Let me know if I can answer any specific questions???  The Carefree Travel rep called us everyday while in isolation to see if we needed any assistance.

CareFree Travel Assistance™ – 24 hours

CareFreeAssistance@livetravel.com

U.S. Toll Free: 877-303-5909

Call Collect: +1-516-342-4594

Fax: +1-713-574-3237

20220227_055150.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Hopefully, this information will help.  The allotment from Princess for food is $100 pp, per day.  I'll attach a copy of the letter we were provided while onboard the Emerald last month and the info from the company contracted to assist you while in isolation.  You will be reimbursed for the food allotment.

Btw, you will not hear from Princess or the CDC.  We were allowed to walk around outside the hotel, while wearing masks.   Let me know if I can answer any specific questions???  The Carefree Travel rep called us everyday while in isolation to see if we needed any assistance.

CareFree Travel Assistance™ – 24 hours

CareFreeAssistance@livetravel.com

U.S. Toll Free: 877-303-5909

Call Collect: +1-516-342-4594

Fax: +1-713-574-3237

20220227_055150.jpg

Do you mean, if we feel better enough to do so, in a couple days we can go outside the hotel and explore with masks?

They said my wife didnt test positive onboard, so I thought the 100/day was just for me.

if this was the case why didn’t they just let us fly home masked?