Koningsdam tile status

oaktreerb

We just got off the Koningsdam and I just realized after we got home that we did not get a tile.  We are four star and while we were invited to the cocktail party on embarkation day we were not invited to an awards presentation which I know they had because I saw a sign in the Crows Nest area.  In November we got one Koningsdam tile for the cabin to share.  This time we got nothing on the last day but the little itinerary sticker and booklet.  Has anyone gotten a Koningsdam tile recently or had any explanation about a delay?  Were we overlooked?  The chocolates were in short supply, now no tile?   

• Like 1

On both the Konigsdam in late February and the Nieuw Amsterdam last September, we were told that the tiles would be mailed to us. So far, no tiles from either voyage. I had been wondering if any of those passengers promised tiles being mailed from any ship, have received them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandalay1903 said:

We sailed on a K'dam cruise departing in late February. We asked about the tiles onboard at Guest Services and they said they'd be mailed to us. So far no go, and no note from the HAL. I think they're hoping we'll forget.

Still waiting for tiles to be mailed to us from September Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

We just got off the Koningsdam and I just realized after we got home that we did not get a tile.  We are four star and while we were invited to the cocktail party on embarkation day we were not invited to an awards presentation which I know they had because I saw a sign in the Crows Nest area.  In November we got one Koningsdam tile for the cabin to share.  This time we got nothing on the last day but the little itinerary sticker and booklet.  Has anyone gotten a Koningsdam tile recently or had any explanation about a delay?  Were we overlooked?  The chocolates were in short supply, now no tile?   

No tiles for us either and we were at the awards presentation you mention two days ago on the K.  Front desk promised to find some for us (never did show up) and said they would mail them if they could not find some onboard.  We still are awaiting our Dec. cruise tiles from the N.S.  I suspect the tiles area thing of the past.  We noticed this past week that HAL is cutting more corners all the time, so I am afraid that many things will be different in the future.

• Like 1

Received the same tile as @Caribbean Chris on Rotterdam in February. On the Nieuw Amsterdam in November, everyone was given tiles for the Vista class ships! When brought to the attention of the Mariner Society, we were assured we would be mailed the correct ones. Still waiting.

No problem if the Signature class tiles are available on Eurodam next January. Sailing on Westerdam in July, so our Vista class tiles are already in the collection.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

On both the Konigsdam in late February and the Nieuw Amsterdam last September, we were told that the tiles would be mailed to us. So far, no tiles from either voyage. I had been wondering if any of those passengers promised tiles being mailed from any ship, have received them.

We were on the Rotterdam last week and received 2.

• Like 2

I went to guest services recently to receive some from a prior cruise.  Of course that would be a problem if you aren't on a cruise.  I always say I can tile a bathroom with them and it doesn't happen.  I have no idea why I want them anymore.  One more dust collector.

• Like 1

Just returned from B2B 3/27-4/10 on Kdam.  No tile, no invite to Mariner reception (not the one at the beginning of the cruise but the last sea day reception when they used to present medallions, before the Mariner luncheon).  I think that only 5-stars now are invited to that reception.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Just returned from B2B 3/27-4/10 on Kdam.  No tile, no invite to Mariner reception (not the one at the beginning of the cruise but the last sea day reception when they used to present medallions, before the Mariner luncheon).  I think that only 5-stars now are invited to that reception.

That may be the case.  I’m a five star and I was invited back in March. I thought it was 4 and above.  There wasn’t that many peeps there.  That said out capacity was around 40 percent.

• Like 1