Sailing Discovery Sunday and just received notice of cabin change.

DiRonT

Changed from D726 to C738 and tes, I know they are both S3 suites, but C738 has a very, very small balcony as compared to D726.  Also, they didn't know about this until today???  Very hard to believe.  I know the forward port side of Dolphin deck has  even used for quarantine cabins - have they expanded the quarantine area?  Are there that many covid cases onboard.  Would love to hear from someone currently onboard.

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

Are there that many covid cases onboard.  Would love to hear from someone currently onboard.

No letter announcing any outbreak like I’ve seen from other ships & no announced changes in procedures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

No letter announcing any outbreak like I’ve seen from other ships & no announced changes in procedures.

I would like to know how many cases there has been.  Would they tell us?  Would any of your contacts know?

We asked about staying on another week and the next cruise is sold out at around 3,400 guests.  

That REALLY stinks. So sorry. That cabin is the best on the ship. No comparison to the one they gave you. 

They probably just decided that they want to use the entire floor and not have passengers on it. I wouldn’t think that’s any indication of Covid cases on the ship. Maybe they have more crew they are quarantining before they start their contract. 

I feel your pain. We had a great Dolphin deck aft balcony for our July Discovery cruise and got the notification February that we’d been moved one deck up. When I inquired, I was told they’d set aside the Dolphin deck for quarantine. They moved us to a mini-suite directly above the quarantining balconies. Nope….not gonna be right above the poor soul who is out coughing on their balcony below me!! I asked to be moved and got minis on the mid-ship Aloha deck. I noticed a price change the other day so I called and got a Riviera deck club class mini…and a refund! But I still wish I had my original aft Dolphin cabin…..

• Like 1

Thanks all for the info.  We are very disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things I guess we should thank our lucky stars that we can cruise as often as ee do and can afford the suites.  We will still enjoy our aft view - just not as much.  I will be watching the deck below us though to see who is out there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Thanks all for the info.  We are very disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things I guess we should thank our lucky stars that we can cruise as often as ee do and can afford the suites.  We will still enjoy our aft view - just not as much.  I will be watching the deck below us though to see who is out there.

Come back & share your thoughts. Hope all goes well.

3 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They probably just decided that they want to use the entire floor and not have passengers on it. I wouldn’t think that’s any indication of Covid cases on the ship. Maybe they have more crew they are quarantining before they start their contract. 

This is my guess since  the ship has only sailed twice with passengers. 

Edited by milolii

12 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Changed from D726 to C738 and tes, I know they are both S3 suites, but C738 has a very, very small balcony as compared to D726.  Also, they didn't know about this until today???  Very hard to believe.  I know the forward port side of Dolphin deck has  even used for quarantine cabins - have they expanded the quarantine area?  Are there that many covid cases onboard.  Would love to hear from someone currently onboard.

I'm so sorry they changed your cabin! I remember you posting that your Dolphin deck cabin was a go.

We lost ours also for the 4/17 cruise and are now on the Baja deck.

You have a great attitude about the whole thing. Wishing you a healthy, wonderful cruise!

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

if it’s not too much trouble would you mind finding out if the rumor that in transits staying in for the sailing tomorrow (that I am on) really are not being tested?  No judgement I just want to know how to adjust my behavior.  Also if you ask how many in transits?  

Thank you for all the posts you’ve made while on the Discovery.  I have found them really helpful. 

• Like 1

Ours was taken away a few weeks before our cruises for March 27 and April 3. We are on board the ship and was reassigned to mid ship balcony on caribe deck. Small balcony. We had D705.

Well I can tell you for sure they didn't use our previous cabins for Isolation, only the forward ones. Our friends also lost their balcony cabin and are on Caribe overlooking those Dolphin large balconies. Princess sold those cabins and people in on those, not sick people. We are really mad about it. We also went down there and you can see passenger names on the cabins. Not blocked off so definitely not isolation. Princess shame on you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I'm so sorry they changed your cabin! I remember you posting that your Dolphin deck cabin was a go.

You have a great attitude about the whole thing. Wishing you a healthy, wonderful cruise!

Good job in getting Baja - if that is an aft PH Suite that is a great location.  Balcony not quite as big as dolphin deck, but big enough and lots of shade cover.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Ours was taken away a few weeks before our cruises for March 27 and April 3. We are on board the ship and was reassigned to mid ship balcony on caribe deck. Small balcony. We had D705.

Well I can tell you for sure they didn't use our previous cabins for Isolation, only the forward ones. Our friends also lost their balcony cabin and are on Caribe overlooking those Dolphin large balconies. Princess sold those cabins and people in on those, not sick people. We are really mad about it. We also went down there and you can see passenger names on the cabins. Not blocked off so definitely not isolation. Princess shame on you.

This is one of those cases where you really NEED compensation. That's just not right.

• Like 3

We've been in that Caribe cabin on other Royal class ships and the balcony is narrow but we did enjoy it.  But I get your point about losing the bigger balcony.  To Princess all S3's are equal.  Did you check to see if any are available on Baja or Riviera that they could move you to?  Marina balconies are huge too but not sure you'd want to be right below Lido deck.

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

Good job in getting Baja - if that is an aft PH Suite that is a great location.  Balcony not quite as big as dolphin deck, but big enough and lots of shade cover.  Enjoy!

Not a PH suite, I wish, they're wonderful, only a D4.😄

Glad about the shade cover.

ETA: I agree with JF-retired RRT, you deserve compensation, especially moving you so close to sail date.

Edited by tonit964

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I would like to know how many cases there has been.  Would they tell us?  Would any of your contacts know?

We asked about staying on another week and the next cruise is sold out at around 3,400 guests.  

My PVP is going to be on the Discovery tomorrow, so I imagine there will be quite a lot of other Princess employees as well.  Sorry I didn't get to meet you on the 3/27!

5 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

…would you mind finding out if the rumor that in transits staying in for the sailing tomorrow (that I am on) really are not being tested?…

Not for the Discovery, but as a data point see this comment about in transits on the Ruby. They will not be doing tests, according to the post.

Edited by syesmar

On 4/9/2022 at 7:51 AM, tonit964 said:

On 4/9/2022 at 6:43 AM, DiRonT said:

During all of this, I think it's important thank those lucky stars frequently! We've only had balconies, not quite at the suite point yet but we feel fortunate to begin traveling again.

WooHoo - we are onboard and in our original cabin, D726.  Don't know what the mix up was, but when we arrived at the port I had the porter check and they said D726 is your cabin.

So Happy.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

WooHoo - we are onboard and in our original cabin, D726.  Don't know what the mix up was, but when we arrived at the port I had the porter check and they said D726 is your cabin.

So Happy.

That's wonderful news! So glad you got the cabin you booked! 

It's encouraging to those of us who booked a particular cabin and are concerned about it being changed for whatever reason.