Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

53 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

My 270 days from booster is 10 August!  As UK Government do not facilitate a second booster for anyone under 70 I'm already in trouble regarding this.  I'm due in Italy/Austria in September and do not meet the latter's criteria so most likely will not be able to travel there.

The 270 day thing is meaningless and not relevant if you have been boosted. Boosted doesn’t have an expiration time limit on it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The 270 day thing is meaningless and not relevant if you have been boosted. Boosted doesn’t have an expiration time limit on it. 

That’s what I thought…but then I just saw another post in a live trip report saying the opposite and was confirmed my Celebrity through chat…but that sometimes depends who you are chatting with…the whole thing is very confusing…and I know these policies are constantly changing…some in my travel party want to cancel our Greece trip for the third time

My understanding of it going by the definitions is, if you hadn't had your booster and your last vaccine was more than 270 days ago then it would classify you as fully vaccinated rather than up to date. 

Up to date is you were fully vaccinated within the last 270 days or you have had a booster at any point in time. 

It could probably be worded a little better as it is a tad confusing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Showingthatgame said:

My understanding of it going by the definitions is, if you hadn't had your booster and your last vaccine was more than 270 days ago then it would classify you as fully vaccinated rather than up to date. 

Up to date is you were fully vaccinated within the last 270 days or you have had a booster at any point in time. 

It could probably be worded a little better as it is a tad confusing.

You are being too kind... 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

What does this mean? If you test positive and can't board you don't get a refund?

Good question.  RCCL just extended their COVID cancellation and refund policy through April 2023.  Still hoping Celebrity does the same.

7 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Good question.  RCCL just extended their COVID cancellation and refund policy through April 2023.  Still hoping Celebrity does the same.

I didn’t realize that Royal had extended that until April 2023. I’m surprised Celebrity hasn’t done the same. Maybe they want people to buy insurance instead.

53 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It is relevant for certain countries. Austria (okay not an ocean cruise destination but a river one) insists on no more than 270 days after the booster.  

I believe there are other European countries who are also operating this entry requirement but as I'm not scheduled for them haven't checked!

To me that doesn't make sense at all. I am Up-To-Date so I will have to organise myself antigen test with my own cost 1 day before the cruise in Amsterdam. But if I wouldn't be up-to-date I would get free test by Celebrity Cruises on the terminal. Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? 🙂

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JezzaC said:

To me that doesn't make sense at all. I am Up-To-Date so I will have to organise myself antigen test with my own cost 1 day before the cruise in Amsterdam. But if I wouldn't be up-to-date I would get free test by Celebrity Cruises on the terminal. Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? 🙂

I've read that statement several times and feel the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rlgtan said:

I've read that statement several times and feel the same way.

The wording is though that Up-to-date passengers are not required to have a test at terminal. So it might mean that they can take test in terminal if they want as well. But I will take my test one day prior and don't have to then wait that much in terminal for testing and getting results. It will be faster boarding for me then. 🙂

6 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

We will be in the same situation out of Civitavecchia but I’m not sure I want to deal with testing at the port. It would slow down embarkation by several hours while waiting on test results. We will take the proctored tests with us and test the day prior so hopefully it will speed up the boarding process for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

We will be in the same situation out of Civitavecchia but I’m not sure I want to deal with testing at the port. It would slow down embarkation by several hours while waiting on test results. We will take the proctored tests with us and test the day prior so hopefully it will speed up the boarding process for us. 

I was actually tested in Civitavecchia when I took NCL cruise on October. And it was pretty smooth. After taking a test, we waited 15 minutes in separate space and when information came for my test result, I proceeded to check-in. And they have like 20 test takers there doing the tests. They are using same tests as you can buy from supermarket and test yourself. And at that point they tested ALL passengers, it was smooth still.

11 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I have just had this response from my contact at our hotel in Civitavecchia, who tells me that,  FARMACIA SPURIO” CORSO CENTOCELLE 52 – CIVITAVECCHIA, is only a short walk from where we are staying. I have gone back to them to ask if we need an appointment or can we just turn up

1 hour ago, JezzaC said:

I know it does not say this directly, but I am pretty confident that if you are vaccinated and not up to date, they will test you in the terminal and they will charge you for the test.  If you assume that the test at the terminal is at your expense, then the policy makes more sense.  

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JezzaC said:

I queried this for my cruise from Civitavecchia. This was the response from Celebrity:

although "Fully Vaccinated" are tested at the port, they are charged $55 per person for the test, as well as the 3 other tests they have to take during the cruise - so that is $440 spent on testing for a room of 2.

The other tests mentioned are relevant to the cruise I am on - but it may come a a shock to passengers classed as "Fully Vaccinated". I just don't see the reasoning on this.

my concern with all of this is the total experience - after all it is a vacation and should be relatively stress free. 

We have an amended Baltic July cruise scheduled .  I dont really want to have to organize and worry about getting tested for every port that we visit, wondering if we are going to get off the ship.  Baltic trips are port intensive as opposed to Caribbean where most people could care if they get off.  

Our recent trip on the 4/3 Edge was populated by increasing Covid positive results every day.  One of the other X ships I see is now mandating masks on board

I am beginning to wonder if we should should cancel the trip until 2023 due to local covid regs and covid on board

2 hours ago, JezzaC said:

The Celebrity provided test at the terminal is not free. If you are not Up to Date you would also be paying any additional port of call tests during the cruise. 

8 minutes ago, tfred said:

my concern with all of this is the total experience - after all it is a vacation and should be relatively stress free. 

We have an amended Baltic July cruise scheduled .  I dont really want to have to organize and worry about getting tested for every port that we visit, wondering if we are going to get off the ship.  Baltic trips are port intensive as opposed to Caribbean where most people could care if they get off.  

Our recent trip on the 4/3 Edge was populated by increasing Covid positive results every day.  One of the other X ships I see is now mandating masks on board

I am beginning to wonder if we should should cancel the trip until 2023 due to local covid regs and covid on board

Hi

Most European countries are lifting or lifted entry restrictions,one of the only countries to still have testing requirement for entry is the US.

Spain is a mystery,,,from the UK I can fly into Spain,drive into Spain,get a bus into Spain even walk into Spain without being tested or having to fill out a PLF/Health form.

But if I visit Spain on a cruise ship…..? Like I said a complete mystery.

Maybe they think cruise ships are huge Petri dishes for COVID.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Does someone need to video you taking it?

23 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Most European countries are lifting or lifted entry restrictions,one of the only countries to still have testing requirement for entry is the US.

Spain is a mystery,,,from the UK I can fly into Spain,drive into Spain,get a bus into Spain even walk into Spain without being tested or having to fill out a PLF/Health form.

I think you answered your own question there. They certainly were at the outbreak of the pandemic

I'm having a hard time understanding the airlines rules! I've looked all over to get a STRAIGHT answer and can't find one. The airline is not taking calls. The website is confusing as HELL! I just need to know if we need to be tested 2 days prior to flying, or only be fully vaccinated? Lufthansa Airlines.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Are you sure about this? My son lives in Spain. He just returned from Italy a  few days ago and needed the form. He is leaving for Germany tomorrow and upon his return Monday he also needs it. Unless it’s only not needed from the UK it’s still required 

15 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was surprised to see Italy was one day prior testing. I had read that about Spain but not Italy. It makes it basically impossible to test before leaving the US. 

We'll just do at home tests ahead of flying out... makes things a bit more secure.   :)