Memorial Day Sale (effective May 26 - Jun 1)

mahdnc

1 minute ago, deliver42 said:

I just checked our December cruise on the Beyond, and there isn't an appreciable change.

The booking window is May 26 - June 1 so it starts tomorrow. 

Thanks, I had missed a couple of our sailings when I looked at the spreadsheet in it's original layout so I sorted my the date column and looked things up in date order which I found much easier and all the trips we have booked are listed.  I will have to look into everything as we have extra OBC from booking onboard so if we lose those extras it may not be worth it, but really appreciate the info!

Saw this, but won't make a difference to us.  Our cabin has been sold out for eons, and the occasional

SS that briefly reappears at times (where we've put 'the kids') was purchased for a lot less than Memorial Day Bonus $600pp off the current price.  Still, worth knowing these are still popping up.

TRANSATL RF 10/31/2022 13 NIGHT SPAIN, AZORES & BERMUDA BCN 13

RF13T114

What's interesting, though, is to see that they're offering 2X the discount and OBC for cruises closer in (2022) than they are for 2023/24.  Trying to bring some of the cash closer in it would appear.

I just checked pricing on my upcoming Constellation TA sailing and the current sale gave me cabin pricing that was more expensive (even with the extra OBC factored in) than the promotion that was running at the beginning of this month.

image.png.23282400196bdc281112afc421370440.png

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I just checked pricing on my upcoming Constellation TA sailing and the current sale gave me cabin pricing that was more expensive (even with the extra OBC factored in) than the promotion that was running at the beginning of this month.

image.png.23282400196bdc281112afc421370440.png

Same here, by a lot.

I just did the math. Even though Celebrity significantly reduced the extra charge for refundable booking, one of our October cruises increased $2064.32 the other is up by $2093.34.

7 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Just checked the cruise I have been eyeing for 2024 and they raised the price $200 🙂 

YES...I found the exact same thing for a cruise in '23.  So much for a sale!!! Really disappointed in Celebrity!! 😞

Edited by LuAnn
  • Like 1

It isn't really meaningful to compare the "sale" prices of today with prices that I received 6 months ago when I booked.  In six months, some cruises have increased by thousands of dollars,  while others may not have increased at all. 

Knowing that this sale was coming, last night I checked prices on two cruises, two cabin categories  each. Today with the "sale" prices, three cabins had increased prices by $100 PP and the fourth by $90, so if I book them all,  I'm paying $780 more to get $800 more OBC.

2 hours ago, LuAnn said:

YES...I found the exact same thing for a cruise in '23.  So much for a sale!!! Really disappointed in Celebrity!! 😞

Same with our May 2023 cruise, giving $200 obc and price up $200 do they really think we are this stupid?

Just checked my 11/13/22 sailing on the Beyond with the new "sale" - would be exactly $100pp more than our current fare but we'd get $100pp in additional OBC, so a wash and not worth the hassle of changing.  with Royal/Celebrity a "sale" is rarely ever an actual sale ....

On 5/26/2022 at 9:57 AM, Tyler414 said:

Just checked the cruise I have been eyeing for 2024 and they raised the price $200 🙂 

The same cruise on the same sale is now over $1000 more.  Celebrity must change their prices at any time for any reason.  Guess I'll be waiting or not booking at all. 😞