Coco Cay? Is anything Free to do there?

There is plenty there to have a totally free beach day.  These two pics are of the Oasis Lagoon pool.  You can see the swim up bar. 3DBEDD92-8877-4197-9685-C2E1FF84756C.thumb.jpg.b9bcc51beb002a248ad49c6725d64335.jpg

8E76B52F-0DE9-4962-9176-F292A74BCAA8.thumb.jpg.622f34291988e1fdd63f207da6de4bc6.jpg

This picture is of the beach area: 

CF717C4F-E240-4A0B-B619-8A40104110BA.thumb.jpg.764ebe5a9d48700c2a419911a2c92fa2.jpg

These are not the only free areas.  But it gives you an idea of the places they have. 

We actually rented a beach bed for $149 for the two of us at chill island.  I would do that again.  It was great shade all day.  It came with 2 water floating mats, a cooler with 4 bottles of water, and 2 lounge chairs with an umbrella so we could more between shade and sun as we wanted.  The snack shack was right there and the towel station gave us towels as we arrived, exchanged them later and took our wet towels so we did not need to carry them back to the ship. It was a relaxing and private day. [Not hanky-panky private]

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We actually rented a beach bed for $149 for the two of us at chill island.  I would do that again.  It was great shade all day.  It came with 2 water floating mats, a cooler with 4 bottles of water, and 2 lounge chairs with an umbrella so we could more between shade and sun as we wanted.  The snack shack was right there and the towel station gave us towels as we arrived, exchanged them later and took our wet towels so we did not need to carry them back to the ship. It was a relaxing and private day. [Not hanky-panky private]

Hmm - Hanky Panky Private.  I think you may have just created a potential revenue source for RCCL . 😀

Put it in the suggestion box!   

M

• Haha 3

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

Hmm - Hanky Panky Private.  I think you may have just created a potential revenue source for RCCL . 😀

Put it in the suggestion box!   

M

Ha Ha Ha, I did not want someone to think it was a really private beach bed. I better include a picture. LOL

1052547581_daybed.jpeg.6118e3001dc833a7c260c4da0a7279df.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

This picture is of the beach area: 

CF717C4F-E240-4A0B-B619-8A40104110BA.thumb.jpg.764ebe5a9d48700c2a419911a2c92fa2.jpg

Just want to point out that this is only one of SEVERAL beach areas.  This is Harbor Beach, but there are three beaches for Chill Island, another for Breezy Bay, and another for South Beach.

All of those are free.  

• Like 1

Just now, brillohead said:

Just want to point out that this is only one of SEVERAL beach areas.  This is Harbor Beach, but there are three beaches for Chill Island, another for Breezy Bay, and another for South Beach.

All of those are free.  

Yes, these were only some of the free areas.  

Just now, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Yes, these were only some of the free areas.  

Just didn't want someone to think that the one you showed was the ONLY beach there.  

And I agree, there are TONS of free areas at Coco Cay -- I never spend a dime there other than the dollar cash I tip with each drink.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We went once  and frankly I wouldn't pay much to be there.  Couldn't eat when we wanted because of  limited  reservations ( our error).    Early spring,  pool was cold so never used ( again not the cruiseline fault).  Meal was OK.  Didn't  bother with much  of the Bento Boxes as most of those items are found on board.   Fish was delicious and the best part of the meal. Oh, that special Cuvee cocktail  was nice.

All in all, I'm glad we  went once. I'm amazed by those who are paying  $250 for the Beach Club or   renting an OTW cabana for  $3400.  If they are happy,  terrific!

M

Very few people are paying that much.... in October the Cocoa Club and floating cabanas were nearly empty at half those prices.  Someone suggested that RC is trying to get the same revenue for half the number of sales so they don't need to have as much staffing.  It's a risky move on their part, but if staffing really is a problem as it seems to be on the ships they I guess they have to get their money somehow.

9 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Very few people are paying that much.... in October the Cocoa Club and floating cabanas were nearly empty at half those prices.  Someone suggested that RC is trying to get the same revenue for half the number of sales so they don't need to have as much staffing.  It's a risky move on their part, but if staffing really is a problem as it seems to be on the ships they I guess they have to get their money somehow.

That was during reduced capacity. The OTW cabanas were nearly sold out on my 5/29 Harmony cruise and are nearly sold out on my 2 cruises next month. Can't tell you what people paid but they are most definitely not half empty now.

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

They've actually changed to handing them out on the pier / at the tram station now.  

I think a lot of people were just throwing them away, because if you've been there before (or ever looked at one of these many Coco Cay threads), you just don't need it.  So they've gone away from delivering them to every room and just handing them out to people who want/need them.

We had the map/brochure delivered to our room the night before Coco Cay on Oasis 2 weeks ago. Was nice to look over before we got off.

And to chime in...lots to enjoy without spending anything. We snorkeled, swam, hit the pool, toured via tram, enjoyed a great lunch, shopped (well, ok....we did spend a little there 😄), walked around, etc. 

20220601_094721.jpg

20220601_095124.jpg

20220601_101220.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

Hello,

We are booked on Harmony in Aug and its our 1st cruise since Covid and we have never been to the NEW Coco Cay and only to the original.

Is there anything Free to do there now such as beach, pool etc? I was looking at the prices for things to do and they seem outrageous in my opinion so if nothing is free than I doubt we will even get off there. DO they still have shops to buy things?

Thanks

Please don’t stay on the ship. You can have a wonderful day at the lagoon Pool and the Beach without spending a cent. They do have a market of souvenir type merchandise like T-shirts, tote bags and so on.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your replies, We have only been to the Coco Cay from many years ago when we 1st began cruising so I am glad to see we can go and enjoy it without spending anything 🙂 The pictures look awesome, Do they still have Iguanas running around? The pic I posted is of the old Coco Cay

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

• Like 1

Like others have said, there are still a lot of free things to do there, but I feel like the ruined a perfect private island stop by over commercialization.   You used to be able to go to the “back” side of the island.  And enjoy a perfect pristine Caribbean Island.  Perfect Undisturbed beaches.   You could Wade out an see sting rays, and Bonefish, Small sharks, Barracuda.  Conch shells were plentiful.    Was a really good place for “catch and release” fishing.  All of that is just a find memory now.   

• Like 4

11 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yes, a great pool in the Beach Club.  And during sales, you used to be able to get the passes for under $100. Of course, the free pool is very nice too.  

Hmmm.. I have not seen any Coco Beach Club passes for under $249 since restart. We've been there 4 times since restart. 

image.png.464c83b00c483eb0b12389bbe5ff8b13.png

image.png.52909cb2cc44101f40812cc934f66d72.png

image.png.29e01ce14a67294c576b9d078c5c0679.png

image.png.77a951078e1d66e7340482f0e88a1713.png

image.png.c731e68245d586d5faa9efbc340061d9.png

image.png.23c57d6c1962a73f0698b4fda14f4d82.png

Edited by BirdTravels

19 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

I highly recommend snack shack for lunch - great funnel cakes, chicken parm sandwiches, etc all included in your cruise fare.   

You can ride the tram (free) and get a feel of the island.    Lots to do and see for free.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

Thank you all for your replies, We have only been to the Coco Cay from many years ago when we 1st began cruising so I am glad to see we can go and enjoy it without spending anything 🙂 The pictures look awesome, Do they still have Iguanas running around? The pic I posted is of the old Coco Cay

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

Yes, we saw iguanas hanging out where the rocks when we were there in April. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yes, a great pool in the Beach Club.  And during sales, you used to be able to get the passes for under $100.

Of course, the free pool is very nice too.  

Heck I used to get beach club passes for under $50 in 2020.    All my future sailings now have for $180 or higher.   

6 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Like others have said, there are still a lot of free things to do there, but I feel like the ruined a perfect private island stop by over commercialization.   You used to be able to go to the “back” side of the island.  And enjoy a perfect pristine Caribbean Island.  Perfect Undisturbed beaches.   You could Wade out an see sting rays, and Bonefish, Small sharks, Barracuda.  Conch shells were plentiful.    Was a really good place for “catch and release” fishing.  All of that is just a find memory now.   

This is how I feel about it also.  I much preferred it before they made all the changes.

• Like 1

We considered not getting off fearful there would be nothing to do.

There was a lot to do that was worthwhile.  Beach club seemed very empty (we did not go, but whenever we were on the tram nobody was on it).

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I highly recommend snack shack for lunch - great funnel cakes, chicken parm sandwiches, etc all included in your cruise fare.   

You can ride the tram (free) and get a feel of the island.    Lots to do and see for free.  

I love me some good funnel cakes and my hubby is a food/buffet guy Lol. Coco Cay looks pretty awesome now, the old was ok, just private beach and really not much to do. I think the 1st time we ever went was in 2014 on our very 1st cruise and 1 other time. We haven't been on a cruise since 2019 due to Covid taking over the world 😞 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

Hello,

We are booked on Harmony in Aug and its our 1st cruise since Covid and we have never been to the NEW Coco Cay and only to the original.

Is there anything Free to do there now such as beach, pool etc? I was looking at the prices for things to do and they seem outrageous in my opinion so if nothing is free than I doubt we will even get off there. DO they still have shops to buy things?

Thanks

All of this information is available online.  

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

This is how I feel about it also.  I much preferred it before they made all the changes.

There is still a quiet beach area.  With big improvements such as the large pool.  Odd complaint 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm.. I have not seen any Coco Beach Club passes for under $249 since restart. We've been there 4 times since restart. 

image.png.464c83b00c483eb0b12389bbe5ff8b13.png

image.png.52909cb2cc44101f40812cc934f66d72.png

image.png.29e01ce14a67294c576b9d078c5c0679.png

image.png.77a951078e1d66e7340482f0e88a1713.png

image.png.c731e68245d586d5faa9efbc340061d9.png

image.png.23c57d6c1962a73f0698b4fda14f4d82.png

We booked it once on Harmony after sailing started back…then had our Harmony cruise cancelled, and moved to Wonder….which was also cancelled. We booked on Cyber Monday. Was really glad to get that price.  Maybe that’s the only time they sell it at that price?  Our Oasis sailing was booked that weekend as well, during the shutdown, but we sailed after the shutdown on Oasis. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Heck I used to get beach club passes for under $50 in 2020.    All my future sailings now have for $180 or higher.   

Maybe Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Only time I’ve picked up that pricing since the shutdown.