Watching safety video early

8 minutes ago, Yakker1749 said:

How early can you watch the video?  Or do you have to wait until the day of departure?

Yes you have to wait until the day of departure.  The ability to be able to watch the video doesn’t show up until then and most times you have to wait until you are at least in the terminal for it to be available to view…

10 hours ago, Yakker1749 said:

How early can you watch the video?  Or do you have to wait until the day of departure?

It's a very short video as in just a couple of minutes long.

When we went on the Odyssey in December, we watched the video in the car on the way to port as we approached Ft. Lauderdale (we were about 20 or 30 minutes from the port).  Then when we got onboard all we had to do was go to our muster station.  Easy peasy.  😄 

On our last Allure we thought we'd watch it in the terminal before boarding. There was no wait so we sat down at the pub once on board watched it and then walked over to our station outside guest services and checked in.

My first cruise since before COVID is over 30 days away (July 31).  I just checked my phone app and was able to see several little video's (very nice, by the way!) under the safety tab.

I watched the Life Jacket Instructions, Emergency Horn, Additional Safety Tips, Medical Facility (not helpful, no floor listed even though I have cruised enough to know its usually on 2), and even the cute Luka and Mika video for kids.  Are these the the safety videos that you are referring to?  If so, I haven't had to wait until last minute to review them!

I have completed Check-In documentation if that makes any difference...

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you have a "viewing party", how does RCI know everyone watched the video?  Self certify?

At the end of the video, it lists all the names in the same cabin. You click a box next to each name certifying that they watched the video. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

If you have to wait until boarding day why not just watch it on the cabin TV?

Because you might want to check-in to your muster station before your cabin is even available to get it out of the way.

• Like 3