Are door decorations still a thing on RCI? Anything I should know?

Cruising with a group celebrating a 50th anniversary and would like to put up some door decorations - was thinking of printing them out on magnetic paper to attach to the door. From what I've read online, this is actually against RCI's guest code of conduct, *but* door decorations seem to be popular on RCI and staff don't mind as long as they don't impede cabin access. Can anyone confirm this?

You will see plenty and sometimes they go missing.  In April, our cruise over Easter on EN had 490 kids onboard.  We came out of our cabin one morning to go to breakfast and there was an Easter decoration/sign on our door.  Not ours as we don't decorate. We left it and when we came back after breakfast it was gone.  Later we were in the DL talking to friends and telling them about it and another couple said "oh that was ours".  They didn't notice it was gone til they walked by our cabin and saw it so they took it back.  They said several were moved.  We've seen it on other cruises too.  Sometimes nicer items disappear permanently.   It's not unusual to have door decor moved so just beware.

• Like 1

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Radiance. I bought this name magnet on Etsy for our cabin door and coupled it with a Life is Good magnet. I saw lots of other doors that were decorated too. 

9C5BC4B6-87F6-41EF-867D-4A80B0CE13FA.jpeg

• Like 3

We usually put something up. Typically a holiday theme if the cruise is near a holiday

On our Bermuda cruise on Mariner in May, we saw one cabin with a magnetic white with and pen. Random cruisers would write interesting things on there.

• Like 1

We used to put up a cardboard "Helena the Hawaiian Woman". She had a lot of accessories that we would change each day to match the port. Sunscreen, beach bag, sunglasses, evening purse, wine glass, beer, margarita .... you get the idea. One day we came back from a Mexican port and someone had peeled off a label from a local beer, brought it back to the ship and added it to our door! We don't bother with this anymore, but it is always fun to see what others do!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I like it when there is a dry erase white board and marker on the cabin door. 😇😈

We've seen lot's of questionable comments left on them :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm sure the people in that cabin don't like it that you like it😎

I wouldn't know, one way or the other. Does that make me a tagger?  😁 But in my defense, nothing offensive. IMO, funny. 😁

• Like 1