Great phone call with C&A today!

I called C&A to have some things updated on my C&A profile today. My wait time was only about 10 minutes and I was so lucky with the person who answered; I wish I had gotten her name.

Most probably know this already, but I did not and I'm happy the rep was so informative. I was able to change my Diamond gift from sodas to alcoholic beverages now that I'm Diamond Plus. There was quite a few choices to choose from.

Additionally, the list of cabin gifts to choose from was VERY lengthy! I chose the RC beach towel as my gift, but they were out of stock so I just went with the fruit basket and cheese plate. There was also champagne, various wines, truffle plate, chocolate covered strawberries, RC slippers......the list goes on (there were so many I lost track-it was over a dozen options)....I was impressed with the amount of options! 

If you don't call each time before a cruise to change your selection, you will get the same each time. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I called C&A to have some things updated on my C&A profile today. My wait time was only about 10 minutes and I was so lucky with the person who answered; I wish I had gotten her name.

Most probably know this already, but I did not and I'm happy the rep was so informative. I was able to change my Diamond gift from sodas to alcoholic beverages now that I'm Diamond Plus. There was quite a few choices to choose from.

Additionally, the list of cabin gifts to choose from was VERY lengthy! I chose the RC beach towel as my gift, but they were out of stock so I just went with the fruit basket and cheese plate. There was also champagne, various wines, truffle plate, chocolate covered strawberries, RC slippers......the list goes on (there were so many I lost track-it was over a dozen options)....I was impressed with the amount of options! 

If you don't call each time before a cruise to change your selection, you will get the same each time. 

Where do you find the list for Diamond?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Where do you find the list for Diamond?

Not sure, she just read them all out to me over the phone. I finally had to interrupt her and say "I'll just take to towel" because I didn't think the list would ever stop and I was starting to forget what she had already said! 🤣

Edited by rrraydon
sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bren61 said:

So is there no way to change your water to soda without calling? 

No...but how nice would it be to be able to do these changes online as we could several years ago.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Glad you had a positive experience.  Be aware that many of the gifts are not available on board.  Supply issues. If what you chose is not available, they offer a substitute. 

M

Absolutely true.  For example, no Ravenswood Zinfandel on last three cruises.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Plenty of White Zinfandel, a particularly lovely vino

That's about all the wine my wife will drink.  She did find some sort of horribly expensive limited-edition white wine that she also likes, but there's only one store in tow (actually a town 20 miles away) that sells it and to me, it tastes like cheap, flat "champagne".  I'm not a wine-snob, but white zin is "Kool-Aid" flavored wine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rudeney said:

That's about all the wine my wife will drink.  She did find some sort of horribly expensive limited-edition white wine that she also likes, but there's only one store in tow (actually a town 20 miles away) that sells it and to me, it tastes like cheap, flat "champagne".  I'm not a wine-snob, but white zin is "Kool-Aid" flavored wine.

People like what they like. 😉

I like that it's $3.83 a bottle at Publix right now.😇

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

People like what they like. 😉

I like that it's $3.83 a bottle at Publix right now.😇

She also drinks Michelob Ultra.  I call that "beer-flavored water".  I probably need to keep teasing her.  She may make me cruise by myself.  Then again...double points!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rrraydon said:

We’ve been Diamond since 2017 and was NEVER asked what we wanted.  They just put “whatever” in the room.  When we login, we don’t see any preferences in our profiles like we did in the past.  🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, iuki said:

We’ve been Diamond since 2017 and was NEVER asked what we wanted.  They just put “whatever” in the room.  When we login, we don’t see any preferences in our profiles like we did in the past.  🤷‍♀️

They do not ask. You need to call to make a request. Preferences were removed from the website a few years ago when the website was “enhanced”. 
m

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iuki said:

You have to call. That is the only way to select what you would like, it’s not able to be done online. You can change it up for every cruise by just calling. Every time you change it up it will remain that way for every cruise until you call again and change it up. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rudeney said:

She also drinks Michelob Ultra.  I call that "beer-flavored water".  I probably need to keep teasing her.  She may make me cruise by myself.  Then again...double points!  🤣

Love Mich Ultra, not so much for the wife

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Too bad they were out of the towels, I got mine on allure 6 months ago , 5 free drinks are also great , we do suites so between happy hour and 5 drinks we skipped the drink package for the first time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Too bad they were out of the towels, I got mine on allure 6 months ago , 5 free drinks are also great , we do suites so between happy hour and 5 drinks we skipped the drink package for the first time.

She did offer to mail me the towel instead of me receiving it as a gift onboard but I just chose a basket to be delivered while onboard instead.

I've never booked a suite on RC. What is the happy hour perk?