Carnival and Princess removed pre testing for vaccinated

That means we will all getting be covid again on our Princess cruise.

[quote] eliminating the exemption request process for unvaccinated guests, who will only need to show a negative test result at embarkation. [/quote]

I think we may want to cancel it.

[quote]"Our ships have been sailing very full all summer, but there is still room for more of our loyal guests [/quote]

yet Princess ships are experiencing horrible staffing problems, and the "loyal guests" are less and less willing to sail with them.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Concretemanstan said:

Yeah but you're still here to cruise again!

I am reconsidering. I have 8 days till final payment. Covid and Princess' staff shortage problems are to be considered...

And it's a 10 day cruise, which means that we will not get to be sick at home, in full comfort... But in isolation cabin, with 2+ hour wait for room service.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

[quote] eliminating the exemption request process for unvaccinated guests, who will only need to show a negative test result at embarkation. [/quote]

I think we may want to cancel it.

Why? I read this to mean that unvaccinated still have to test. 

• Like 1

Just now, vjmatty said:

Why? I read this to mean that unvaccinated still have to test. 

doesn't really help if you test before you get infected.

Everyone tested (allegedly) before our May RCI cruise, yet so many were sick and we got Covid on that cruise.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

That you know of at least. Odds are you've had it.

nope. Worked from home, kid did online school, we only went to parks.

Believe me, when we got it last June, it was VERY obvious. And, you know, the loss of smell also gave it away.

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we had very successfully avoided it on land for 2.5 years.

We have traveled to Cancun and Punta Cana since Covid started, never worried and refused to sit home.  Started cruising again last August.  We have not had Covid even once.  We are both vaccinated and have had the booster.  Truly believe if you are going to get it, you are going to get it no matter what you do.  We chose to keep going the way we always have.  It has worked for us.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

doesn't really help if you test before you get infected.

Everyone tested (allegedly) before our May RCI cruise, yet so many were sick and we got Covid on that cruise.

So I’m confused.  Do you want precruise testing or not?  You are considering canceling your 10 Day Princess cruise because they are dropping the test requirement yet don’t think testing helps.  What side of this fence are you on?

• Like 3

Who cares. My next cruise is to Alaska so we have the obligatory waste of time in having to stop in Canada for 5 hours (5p to 10p; like what in God's earth are you going to do with that time frame when you are packed for disembark 12 hours later) so we will have to test regardless. I would not be surprised if the Canadian government has this in place still come summer 2023.

Edited by Blauelini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Not everybody gets Covid (or at least some are unaware). I have been on 4 cruises since the restart (last one in May), gone to theater and wedding, and have not gotten sick (that I’m aware of). And I have not gotten a booster yet either. 
I also don’t run to test if my nose is running or my throat is scratchy.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

I am reconsidering. I have 8 days till final payment. Covid and Princess' staff shortage problems are to be considered...

And it's a 10 day cruise, which means that we will not get to be sick at home, in full comfort... But in isolation cabin, with 2+ hour wait for room service.

we had very successfully avoided it on land for 2.5 years.

Why take the chance, do you really have to take a cruise at  this time?

isolation cabin, with 2+ hour wait for room service, rather be at home.

Service not up to par to boot.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Blauelini said:

Who cares. My next cruise is to Alaska so we have the obligatory waste of time in having to stop in Canada for 5 hours (5p to 10p; like what in God's earth are you going to do with that time frame when you are packed for disembark 12 hours later) so we will have to test regardless. I would not be surprised if the Canadian government has this in place still come summer 2023.

Us too.  We have a B2B scheduled next week and I was surprised(only because I didn’t look at it closely) that we are in Canada for a total of 10 hours in 2 weeks.  WOW!  What can anyone due in a 5 hour period, or more like 3?