How Princess plus drinks package now works

Traderboy

Can experienced users please clarify for me what I have included drinkswise on my Princess plus package.

Is it any drink up to $12 in value?

If a drink costs say $16 does just $4 get added to my bill or does it then include tips on the $4 or tips on the $16?

What about wine by the glass in the restaurants -  are these excluded?

How about bottles of water?  Are these all included even when about to leave the ship in port?

This is all new to me.   I could do with some clear explanations of what we should look out for.

17 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

Can experienced users please clarify for me what I have included drinkswise on my Princess plus package.

Is it any drink up to $12 in value?

If a drink costs say $16 does just $4 get added to my bill or does it then include tips on the $4 or tips on the $16?

How about bottles of water?  Are these all included even when about to leave the ship in port?

This is all new to me.   I could do with some clear explanations of what we should look out for.

Any drink up to $12 in value, anywhere on the ship, although large bottles 9f water are excluded.

Max of 15 alcoholic drinks per day. If you want a $16 drink, your onboard account will be charged $4.72 ($4 plus 18% service charge). 

If you want to take water off the ship pick up a small bottle of water from any of the bars.  

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you want to take water off the ship pick up a small bottle of water from any of the bars.  

Pre-pandemic they were always selling H20 bottles as you left the ship.

If they are still doing that now, can you get your beverage package H20 there at no charge?

27 minutes ago, caribill said:

If they are still doing that now, can you get your beverage package H20 there at no charge?

In the two Princess cruises we have done in the last twelve months, we never saw water being sold at the gangway.

We just collected some bottles from one of the bars the night before, and stored them in the fridge until the next morning.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Traderboy said:

No, they are included up to $12. If over $12 you are charged the difference + 18%. Wine is one of the alcoholic beverages that does not have a wide selection at $12 or less. 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:15 AM, caribill said:

500ml bottles of water are included in princess plus. You can ask for water from any bar. Or order it from room service. 

No water sold at gangway on sky princess this week.  Most any drink on the ship is included….other than a very few single malt scotches and maybe some others I haven’t found.  The “house” wine are included in the dining rooms…..not identified other than Shiraz Chardonnay, etc.  I order a more expensive wine and pay the extra $2-4 but I know what I’m drinking.  For the most part, the medallion you wear isn’t used for drinks..you just tell them your cabin and your picture shows up so they can verify it’’s you.  You can order a double wine or drink (unlike Celebrity where you can only order a single). Straight bar drinks are 1.5 oz.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

No water sold at gangway on sky princess this week.  Most any drink on the ship is included….other than a very few single malt scotches and maybe some others I haven’t found.  The “house” wine are included in the dining rooms…..not identified other than Shiraz Chardonnay, etc.  I order a more expensive wine and pay the extra $2-4 but I know what I’m drinking.  For the most part, the medallion you wear isn’t used for drinks..you just tell them your cabin and your picture shows up so they can verify it’’s you.  You can order a double wine or drink (unlike Celebrity where you can only order a single). Straight bar drinks are 1.5 oz.

As an aside, what's your experience been like on the Sky? We board on the cruise after yours and wondered if others have enjoyed the Sky. 

I am presuming that no 'Princess plus package' drinks are available in the MDR or other eating venues?

Is this correct?

Also can anyone post a link of the drinks available around the ship .  Many thanks

10 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

I am presuming that no 'Princess plus package' drinks are available in the MDR or other eating venues?

Is this correct?

Also can anyone post a link of the drinks available around the ship .  Many thanks

Incorrect. Princess Plus drinks are available in all eating venues ( indeed anywhere on the ship) although not all bars will offer all drinks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

Out of curiosity, did the Princess drinks packages always have the 15 alcoholic drinks limitation? Were they ever unlimited?

I think at some point they were unlimited and then people started guzzling insane amounts.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

Out of curiosity, did the Princess drinks packages always have the 15 alcoholic drinks limitation? Were they ever unlimited?

2 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

I think at some point they were unlimited and then people started guzzling insane amounts.

They did not make the change because some people were guzzling insane amounts. They made the change because some people were sharing the package by buying drinks for other passengers. Princess was one of the few lines that did not require everyone in the cabin to purchase the package.

I suspect the average number of drinks per person increased with the limit. Before the limit, people would drink what they wanted without counting. Now people count and drink 15 to get their money's worth.🙂

Like usual, some people abused the system and the rest of us have to pay for it.🙁

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, NavyVeteran said:

They did not make the change because some people were guzzling insane amounts. They made the change because some people were sharing the package by buying drinks for other passengers. Princess was one of the few lines that did not require everyone in the cabin to purchase the package.

Some people still share drinks with friends but now Princess knows that the upper limit is capped at 15 drinks. 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, NavyVeteran said:

Like usual, some people abused the system and the rest of us have to pay for it.🙁

I don’t necessarily think that rest of us are “paying for it”. The only change that was implemented was the 15 drink cap. So the “right” that we lost was the ability to order and consume a 16th or 17th (or more) alcoholic drink in a day. The percentage of people who would have done so is certainly measured in single digits and that hardly equates to “the rest of us”. And if that 16th drink is so crucial, the option to purchase it still exists. I think that if someone consumes 17 drinks in a day at a cost of $16, (or $41 if you factor in the weighted daily value of Plus), that is still a pretty good deal. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Curious how many reach the 15 ordered but don't actually consume 15 - Order a drink that sounds good but take one sip and NOPE it's not what you were expecting. 

I do that all the time. I try wines and cocktails I’d never normally experiment with. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised!  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Curious how many reach the 15 ordered but don't actually consume 15 - Order a drink that sounds good but take one sip and NOPE it's not what you were expecting. 

I’m sure there is a fair amount of people that do this. When I was on the Discovery in April, I ordered a margarita at Crooners and it was just way too sweet, didn’t like it at all so I ordered something else.

Then one night at dinner, ordered an Aperol Spritz and didn’t like that, ordered wine instead. 
While I don’t like waste, this is what’s nice about the package.

• Like 4