The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 26th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Dog Day, National Toilet Paper Day, and Women’s Equality Day

You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.--John Green

Meal Suggestion for today - Halászlé
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Bubbly
Wine of the Day - Marques de Murrieta 2017 Reserva Finca Ygay (Rioj
Destination of the Day - Aqaba (for Petra), Jordan

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

Bar Harbor, Maine 09:00 - 18:00

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Rhodes Island, Greece 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Flam, Norway 07:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Bar Harbor, Maine 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0826World.thumb.png.b80605e42656314b07f4173e4ae6d86a.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Roy posted earlier

I

'm going to try to get my car in early for service today so here's a preview of my TGIF lists.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin Terri hurting
Sandi’s neighbors David (RIP) and Linda in critical condition
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 with loss of taste
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Atrex6 Father severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary Crabby Pattil
indaler’s son settled in new house
Volendam caring for refugees
Tana’s spunk
Quartzite cruiser making progress on medical appointments
Norseh20 finding DM great assisted living facility
3 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/29 to 9/5)
2 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
2 days for Kochleffel (Voyager OTS 8/28 to 9/3)
1 day for luvteaching (Crown Princess to 9/3, Eurodam to 9/10)
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 15

Good morning from a 70°F sunny day in North East England.

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily.

National dog day is liked by most of us on here.

Everyone is equal.

Excellent quote.

I hope everyone is feeling well today and prayers 🙏 for those that are not well 

Take care.

Graham 

16615112118876433294680119142928.jpg

• Like 28

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's raining here, a nice gentle shower now, we had a few heavy showers last night.  It will be a hot humid afternoon.  Bertie and I had a nice walk, he doesn't mind the rain.

It's always dog day here.  I appreciate toilet paper but do not horde it.  We must continue to fight for equality.

Interesting quote.

I'm not sure what the meal is, I'll wait until I see the recipe.

Not sure about the drink but I'm sure the wine will be wonderful.

I've never been to Petra but have seen it on tv and in the movies.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Another hot and humid day here with a chance of rain this afternoon, hopefully the rain appears.  I’ll wait for pictures and recipes from @dfish before passing judgment on today’s meal suggestion.

With two ships in Bar Harbor today I’m left wondering if that can happen next year.  Bar Harbor recently passed limits on cruise ship passengers.

https://maritime-executive.com/article/bar-harbor-adopts-limits-on-cruise-ships-to-reduce-overcrowding

This has helped me over the years, especially the past two.

image.thumb.png.ad35aa0631188e54fd01cf81cb7824b4.png

• Like 34

Thank you for the report.  I was here just a couple of minutes after they opened but not first in line.  I expect 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Working with an IPAD so l’ll not be entering much text.

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Another gorgeous morning. Hoping that yesterday’s humidity does not return. Just taking Bindi out in the back yard was brutal.  If only she didn’t have to sniff every blade of grass before taking care of business. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Off to the gym. Then I need to tackle my Bougainvillea. Definitely pool time. 

Something to get your brains working….5F82B3DE-07A4-4BFA-B846-2D149D51ED2D.jpeg.4d5f48bc68d70047e2829c39a8fda4fc.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Marques de Murrieta 2017 Reserva Finca Ygay (Rioja)

This Rioja sounds lovely. All released vintages share the same excellent reviews from consumers and critics, so you can’t go wrong. The blending processes sounds fascinating. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $23.95.

Winemaker Notes

A palpable example of the elegance, consistency and regularity that characterize Marqués de Murrieta winery. This wine shows the incredible personality of the Ygay Estate and summarizes perfectly what happens during a whole vegetative cycle.

Pair with grilled and baked scallop with red wine sauce and truffled liquid potato., twice-cooked sea bass, sweet onion, apple and foie mousse and fine velouté. Or with roast breast of Mallard duck, crispy potato and borage flower, soft cow's milk cheese and truffled Brie.

JS95 James Suckling
Beautifully perfumed with dried flowers, walnuts and violets to the dark berries on the nose. Full-bodied, yet very tight and refined with creamy, chewy tannins that are polished and poised. A lively, finely crafted red. Nice to drink now, but shows excellent potential for the future.
RP93 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The red 2017 Rioja Reserva is their flagship wine, of which they produce 900,000 bottles exclusively from grapes from their 300 hectares of estate vineyards. It's a blend of 83% Tempranillo, 9% Graciano, 6% Mazuelo (Cariñena) and 2% Garnacha and has the character of the vintage, ripe and warm but without excess. The varieties fermented separately, even different plots fermented separately, and they also aged in barrel on their own. The blend is done at the end, after 20 months in American oak barrels. 2017 was a challenging year that they still consider a better vintage than 2018, as they see more concentration and power. The wine is quite lactic and creamy, still showing very young. It does feel undeveloped and in need of some time in bottle. The wine has concentration and clout, and I always consider it an ultimate example of an updated classical Reserva from Rioja. 2017 was the earliest harvest (started and finished in September), a warm and dry year when the Ygay estate miraculously escaped the terrible frost that decimated most of Europe. The challenge for this wine was to contain the ripeness and power, and they have done it. This will be released in spring 2021, so it should be a lot more integrated by then. This is always a sure value. Volumes are lower this year.
WE92 Wine Enthusiast
Lightly baked and leathery berry aromas are subtle. This wine is racy and clipping on the palate, with popping acidity. Spiced plum and cherry flavors are backed by oaky vanilla prior to a persistent finish with classic Rioja notes of oak, tomato and bright acidity.
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

Good morning, everyone.  

Today is another beautiful day in northeast Ohio.  It isn't supposed to be as hot today as yesterday.  We shall see.  Today I am putting my kitchen and dining room back together.  My packing boxes came yesterday from U-Haul, so I am set to go!

Halászlé is a traditional soup enjoyed both by locals and famed with tourists. An important ingredient is a broth made of fish trimmings such as fresh carp heads, bones, skin and fins simmered with vegetables that may include red onions, green peppers and tomatoes for two hours. It is then strained, and ten minutes before serving hot ground paprika and two finger-thick carp fillets, the roe and coral are added to the boiling soup.

Traditionally, fisherman prepare the soup in small kettles on open fire on the river banks. When prepared in kettles, chopped onion is fried in the kettle with some oil until it is caramelized. Then, ground paprika is added and the kettle is filled with water. When the water comes to a boil, other seasonings (such as black pepper, white wine, vinegar, or tomato juice) are added, and finally the fish, chopped into large pieces. Entire fish, including heads and tails, are often added to the soup.

The soup is usually prepared with mixed fish, most commonly carp, catfish, perch and pike. It is famous for being very hot and spicy.

When prepared on-site the soup is served directly from the kettle and eaten with bread.

Competitions in preparing the soup are popular and are usually held at fairs along river coast.

White wine (such as Riesling) is served with halászlé. Diluted with soda water it forms a sort of spritzer, called fröccs in Hungarian.

Halászlé is a traditional dish for Christmas Eve dinner in Hungary.

Here is our first recipe for the dish.  While this fish soup is traditionally made with hot paprika, you can substitute sweet paprika if you prefer.   https://www.mygoldenpear.com/traditional-hungarian-fish-soup-with-red-paprika-powder-halaszle/

948029138_halaszle1.jpg.d64550a2fb65232fb65d6ef150c35fb3.jpg

A number of versions exist, some are served over pasta, others include cream, but all are made using freshwater fish such as carp, perch or pike. Fried fish are also served at the festive dinner, along with warm potato salad. https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/fishermans-soup-halaszle

863928768_halaszle2.jpg.3867c7ed453bb17764cff535497070ae.jpg

You can use any mild white fish you like.  Cod is often substituted for the carp.  https://www.bestofhungary.co.uk/blogs/recipes/fishermans-soup

560177228_halaszle3.jpg.1d1cf637b1547281145e16dc3c650247.jpg

Enjoy!   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Good morning friends!  We started to take a walk outside this morning, but went a half block and felt some tiny raindrops. We turned back and walked back past our house the other way (it wasn't raining at our house), and got a half block past our house on OUR street and it started to sprinkle again!  So we gave up and went home to walk on the treadmill.  What a crazy wet summer we're having!

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor our Daily and Roy @rafinmdfor our lists.  Nice of you to put David and Linda on the prayer list Roy.  No further news on her.  Prayers said for them and their family, our Dailyite members, and the Ukrainians.  As for the days Rich, dog day is very popular on this thread.  Toilet paper is a necessity and at least we can find it in the stores nowadays unlike two years ago.  If only the prices weren't so high for it.  Women's equality day sounds fair to me as well.  No thanks to the food, drink, and wine.  

DS's plane has been flying all night from Seoul and is due in Detroit in 2 hours.  I hope they have a safe drive home and plenty of rest ahead of them.  Meanwhile, today is my PT exercise day again so will go through that twice.  We need to run to the grocery but don't know if it will be today or not.  

Today's port of Aqaba, Jordan is a fantastic one.  I have way too many photos to show you all.  We last had this port on July 27, 2021, page 41 of Rich's posting activity.  Here is a link for you/

We enjoyed a visit to Aqaba and Petra in October 2016 on the Emerald Princess.  We took a private tour with a roll call group and it was excellent.  Draining though with the heat so drink twice as much water as you think you should.  I nearly fainted at the end and had to plop down on the ground to prevent injury as we got back to the visitor center.  But I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

On Oct. 10, 2016 our private tour group drove 2 hours from Aqaba past the Wadi Rum desert wilderness area and arrived at Petra, one of the new seven wonders of the world.  We arrived by 9 am which is a good thing since this is a very hot, dry area and it only gets hotter as the day goes on. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ65ADl4H-3ksk_OZz933YR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQab90LXK-XSYEEysus9pk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The entrance to the visitor center. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpSyKV1eDEsP_rLb6qvlaw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

When you first start out there is an area on your left where they keep the horses.  You can either ride a horse, take a cart, or walk.  We walked.  The long walkway here is called Bab Al Siq.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjLbD4NC8qmbzRyn6aXEML?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHMKGv0yHcUyDxw61wRO4V?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Next you'll see the Obelisk Tomb.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjLbD4NC8qmbzRyn6aXEML?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's named after the four Indian obelisks that decorate the top of the tomb.  This tomb has two stories to it.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcyjJ0ZINtiiEUFitWT0Yh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4bqaq_c6oo7l91w-LMOMS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINmW0-IpBHUOPpHjzhRqH3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Siq is a spectacular gorge that leads into the ancient city.  The original channel cut in the walls to bring water into Petra can be seen, and in some places the original terracotta pipes are still in place. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6j8l7kJlOIzvtlePY-j3N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-ERWJq30mF11a7HBQl3Fm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTkbJa0bq8n4ZDfbJaHzXH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is one of my favorite photos of DH walking through the curvy walled tunnel.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCT9ascX5NhBdAnKSWyy28?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIad4YakP0AfaBNgBIS7A38?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

One particular rock formation looked like a fish from the side but an elephant from the front. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeWlG7SjhZHQMOumbtMuVv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The elephant view00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbCV6wHZSLXPy_UdO2Mtlu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The colors of the rock can vary widely.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKt2pCdoWZOfgdBSdci-ZM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Most interesting are the many niches carved into the sandstone walls.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9ijWdbs8hptqaRSdzHqch?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Suddenly ahead we saw, through the gap in the rock, the magnificent Treasury!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0k_niSUwtkbd4Gh8N_HPW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It rises to almost 128 feet and is intricately decorated with Corinthian capitals, decorative bands, figures and more.  It is crowned by an urn, which according to local legend conceals a pharaoh's treasure.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5ZEFT-JbG_t4-5ppkjM7z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhppRAooX5j1i5RON3TKcZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL764p5VU7CoEKeeztWJ3vb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

To the left of the Treasury is this area to rest and shop. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAgO-0P2gMZTgaefG75XT2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You could rent a camel for a ride here in case you were tiring from the walk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXxh6WmYOxWatcBnHRevq1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

From the Treasury we proceeded on to the Street of Facades, the name given to the row of monumental tombs carved into the southern cliff face.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhfK4FeykmYQQmU4xNJ-E7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIaqabYgt3bq8m-t-wf05N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOiadmMllBBKMxYqkm0EID?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_qD9SkTasXLnwsTj4-voQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUK1obVFnJyTom9jXVIPiO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJfBG-IsOIzoFmgc8NTzQ4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Theatre

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjhWe_k2MiojkblcsJ7kdW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Our guide Zayed and some of the Royal Tombs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaLg0LVDdkm9ugN41Uohyu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLvyUcjurPttfrUFGtAGYL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRl8RVYHW0PlrG5hmWMhbC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2d0Zlt9Y7gG_-t1ObsNnb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We walked as far as we could.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSlTnb4_ksJ8JdaGPaNXY4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

All the way to the Nymphaeum, a semi-circular public fountain shaded by a 450 year old wild pistachio tree.  No water here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpuh2FmTW6SId22y5VUPwA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Further down was the Colonnaded Street which would have been a shopping street in ancient Petra, but by now we were ready to turn back.  We had miles to walk, uphill to return to our bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdPKUeWRNzYszMRMw9MRq3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIl6IzMfCP140NpfIPnj6pp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

When we walked back past the Treasury there were lots more people there.  Glad we got there early!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJ7P0e2vXqrUj7MkhXs9mz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

You had to watch out for carts and horses all the time or risk getting run over.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKi9XzBq6VNlTi8Yn8r-hc0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyGQH1DN6u9nVqkB4ILUxG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

On to lunch at a Petra restaurant in the next post.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

The restaurant we ate lunch at was called Alcantarah.  They had a huge buffet inside but on the porch they were preparing a delicious chicken and vegetable stir fry dish.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKK_HJ2nKc9-lbReHGzyp67?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpOm-35schOmJ97hgjf-Z0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEm-Mrx0jKuE08bBoFDjsP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxgoTkB2UMkuyD77sbMi5M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I think we cleaned them out of desserts!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLeIFlFGennAd3Dqpk861uD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL5SivsfTiq04o2AzbUknre?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxzqIKshWcNk0MtGC2NeeJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnd0JQuro5ubAfI7Wp70Pa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

On the drive back to Aqaba we stopped at this shop and were able to have a restroom break.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMuTFia_fW8jna0H5XOlIM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUEHMS7dlr7ddp5fEOHLT8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiGmNz8QRcK_q4zWOu-NBW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkzRmuFi5b81Ifl0JGQgSB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We had very nice clean restrooms which were much appreciated by this very tired group.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKw2WQKTm6_TfWnHhNj2YV4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

See anything you like?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4NjmOtYfYMP0BR8Qho_c8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAriqw7EU6QjLBEuj53-WI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKzP7eyF7MJBgPry3VVxcA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLojME-UrX19eLxsbV9k86v?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInJW3g29-D3apDpNZgEdF6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I recommend the restaurant and the rest stop here highly.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!

I start my training today, printing my paperwork this morning, watching a video this afternoon, and a training session this afternoon.  BUT, I didn't get totally kidnapped.  Turned out that the person who told  the new boss I was only working for him, and traded me, lied to the California boss, and the VP found out when I copied her on a good bye email to my Louisville campaign.  So, no 40 hours with one boss, which would have lead to time and a half, and extra bonuses.  Just lots of work hours, but I am glad, because I really like the boss that wouldn't let me go.  And I have a job with him when I get back from the cruise.  The sad part is that he lied about "he had no problem letting me go for two weeks" because as of the 6th, I wasn't his anymore, I was going to the Asheville campaign.  Callers are just pawns for the bosses bonuses.

I do believe in equal rights for women, but in reality I have yet to actually see it in action.   I also believe in Karma.😉

Who would have thought-Toilet Paper Day- my current fur babies don't celebrate this.

07a8e2901079a28155b89963d7bfad4b.jpg

• Like 29
  • Haha 3

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

@rafinmd Roy, one time I went for service on my car. I was there before they opened so parked in one of the parking spaces. Then I noticed that other customers were arriving after me and parking in front of the garage bays. Guess who's cars were worked on first?

I waited all day yesterday for an inspector for our insurance adjustor for our roof. He never showed. Unbeknownst to us, the tornado that we had in April caused roof damage to a number of neighbor's homes with the hail causing damage. We thought we should at least get an evaluation done as there was quite a bit of aggregate on our concrete patio. Our next door neighbor just sold their home and one of the inspection items found was to install a new roof. Now there has been a flurry of roofers in the neighborhood! It shouldn't be a problem for us.

Stay Safe!

- Jack 

• Like 32

thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  You KNOW I will celebrate dog day 😉. And hope for more equality for women 🤞 

BE866306-2433-4B77-8F98-9676886B0135.jpeg.b98c10e8d3b94817c5070be17a8a5d47.jpeg

That quote today is ever so true.

My new doctor is very much like my old one - thorough and thoughtful.  The good news is my shaky legs is not anything awful - it’s nerves because my grief and losses are so raw.  She is giving me something to take only if needed and suspects that once I know I have it - just reaching for it may make the shakiness stop.

5097A3C9-6893-4E26-8256-04AF713AB1BA.thumb.jpeg.25e94bce4e35cc53927594cffea74bcb.jpeg

I’ve got my work cut out for me today.  Our roll call has grown exponentially and it was already huge.  Lots of additions to the spread sheet!  And a lot of cabin #’s to add to my listing.  I think I might have to tailer down the numbers for my Meet and Greet confirmation to the ship board co-ordinator. 😱 😉 

1E8376DA-E8FF-41C1-AE4D-4871CCAA2FA6.thumb.jpeg.1f1f13d1028d8bf83acb09987c0b92ae.jpeg

@StLouisCruisers thanks for the wonderful pictures today (as usual) 👍 We had been to Jordan but not this port.

C7491F57-8994-4DE8-8080-FB7F65A50865.thumb.jpeg.2d0eb53125ab2c3668cdf1632b3098ef.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Friday everyone !!!!!

60A10FDA-BFAC-4FF5-A43C-8740B5EADCDE.jpeg.07226ffcdddef2f00262f00705b8a778.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

@StLouisCruisersthank you for all your photos of Aqaba and Petra.  I look forward to going there some day.  @HeartgroveI had to fight tooth and nail with my insurance adjuster to get a new roof.  Finally he had a professional inspector to do a review and I got my new roof.   

A beautiful day ahead. We are pulling the boat and it will be wrapped on a sunny, calm day. I want to get a lot of yard work done as iffy weather is due for the weekend.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports.  I had always had dogs until travel for work got so often when my last dog passed away she was my last.  That was 1991.  I will pass on the meal but the wine and cocktail sound interesting.   Prayers for all on our Care list.  🙏 Have a great day!  

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from central Texas.  It's supposed to be cloudy to partly cloudy with a light breeze.  Unfortunately it is humid now, but I hope the humidity lessens in an hour or so.  This morrning I need to get out and mow the yard.  Since the rain earlier this week, the weeds have grow like weeds, plus they are taking over the yard.  I guess they are better than dirt, and they are green.

We will celebrate dog day by remembering our two dogs who are on the other side of the rainbow bridge.  Women's Equality day is worth celebrating, but we do have a ways to go yet.  Every day is toilet paper day. 😉

I like today’s qoute.  We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

Sadly, we have not been to Aqaba or Petra.  They were on our two Princess cruises we canceled.  @StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for your wonderful pictures.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope today is better for you.

@Heartgrove  Jack, good luck with the inspector and the roof.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you like the new doctor.  I wondered if the shaking legs were due to stress and grief.  It ia anazing how different people react to stress and grief.

I better get moving before it warms up too much. At least we're out of the triple digit highs.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4