Princess Plus Drink Package. When does it start?

Pioneer327

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

as soon as you step on board ... and ends when you get off on your disembarkation day - yep, a little morning eye opener before you exit ...

I think that would depend on the port huh?  I know in texas they go by different rules so I'd imagine no drinks early in the morning on return day.  Could be wrong I haven't tried.

52 minutes ago, trey420 said:

I think that would depend on the port huh?  I know in texas they go by different rules so I'd imagine no drinks early in the morning on return day.  Could be wrong I haven't tried.

In Texas there will be a limited drink menu until you clear Teas waters

Question...

I am new to cruising on Princess with the drink package. 

Are you able to order an 'unopened' beer to take with you.  I have routinely done this on Celebrity with their drink package, as I like to have a small stock available in my mini-fridge.  I know I can just call/use the medallion app to order for delivery.  But sometimes when I'm walking by a bar heading back to my room I would just pick one up for later.

Thanks!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor_99b said:

Question...

I am new to cruising on Princess with the drink package. 

Are you able to order an 'unopened' beer to take with you.  I have routinely done this on Celebrity with their drink package, as I like to have a small stock available in my mini-fridge.  I know I can just call/use the medallion app to order for delivery.  But sometimes when I'm walking by a bar heading back to my room I would just pick one up for later.

Thanks!   

We have done so multiple times.

I realize that this post might be considered "out of place"...but we were on an NCL sailing earlier this year where we could not get *any* alcohol while in any Greek port.  We were told that it was a new Greek law.  Well...turns out that NCL had not paid whatever tax or payment to allow the alcohol to flow!  So...technically speaking...yes, it was due to a "Greek law" but absolutely NOT the way it was implied!

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, trey420 said:

Texas requires that the ship sell only alcohol purchased from Texas distributors while in Texas waters. Since these are more expensive for Princess to purchase, they only purchase a limited amount, and they are only available in some bars. They should certainly have some vodka for bloody Mary.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, Pioneer327 said:

Is the Drink package in effect on Embarkation day or does it take effect at 6 AM the next morning?  Could not find that answer in the T's and C's.

The package is available from embarkation to disembarkation. The limit of 15 alcoholic beverages from 6 am to 6 pm applies every day. For embarkation, you may have 15 alcoholic beverages between when you go aboard and 6 am the next morning. For disembarkation, you may have 15 alcoholic beverages between 6 am and when you leave the ship (I haven't personally been able to reach the limit on disembarkation day, but it would be interesting to try.😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, scott4020 said:

1st time I tried Titos was out of Galveston because of that rule. Thanks Texas. 

I said they would probably have some vodka. I didn't say it would be a good vodka.😉 With enough spices in a bloody Mary, I'm not sure that it would make much difference. Unfortunately, they probably didn't have any gluten-free vodka.

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

The Caribbean Princess had a limited number of bars open when the ship was docked in Brooklyn. Here's the sign at one of them.

20220815_183227.jpg

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

I said they would probably have some vodka. I didn't say it would be a good vodka.😉 With enough spices in a bloody Mary, I'm not sure that it would make much difference. Unfortunately, they probably didn't have any gluten-free vodka.

Just now, OC SeaPA said:

Leaving from Los Angeles- On other cruises even with the drink package they had to charge tax for drinks purchased while in local water, even if you had the drink package.  Does anyone know if this is the case with Princess?  So on a $10 drink you would see $1 tax on your account, but if you purchased a wine package at $200 a $20 charge would occur.  Last time on Carnival we asked them to wait to put in our order so we wouldn't get charged the sales tax, and they obliged!  

2 hours ago, OC SeaPA said:

Leaving from Los Angeles- On other cruises even with the drink package they had to charge tax for drinks purchased while in local water, even if you had the drink package.  Does anyone know if this is the case with Princess?  So on a $10 drink you would see $1 tax on your account, but if you purchased a wine package at $200 a $20 charge would occur.  Last time on Carnival we asked them to wait to put in our order so we wouldn't get charged the sales tax, and they obliged!  

If you have pre-purchased the beverage package, there is no extra tax for included beverages consumed in local waters since you are not actually purchasing anything but instead getting something you had purchased before getting on the ship.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Pioneer327 said:

Is the Drink package in effect on Embarkation day or does it take effect at 6 AM the next morning?  Could not find that answer in the T's and C's.

Everything starts when you cross that gangway after check in on Embarkation Day!

Bon Voyage!

22 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Texas requires that the ship sell only alcohol purchased from Texas distributors while in Texas waters. Since these are more expensive for Princess to purchase, they only purchase a limited amount, and they are only available in some bars. They should certainly have some vodka for bloody Mary.

If you're in texas in the early am can they still give you liquor once the ship is un texas waters?

On 9/19/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jonibme said:

Everything starts when you cross that gangway after check in on Embarkation Day!

Bon Voyage!

At the end of our first day we had a drink charge even though we had the drink package. After several trips to the CS desk it was not resolved. Finally found someone from the food service who looked it up and said that the charge was at 11:54am and they did not enter the drink package until 12:22pm. The proper time would be the instant people are allowed on the ship. The reason our drinks were so late was that the service was slow.

12 hours ago, NownZen said:

At the end of our first day we had a drink charge even though we had the drink package. After several trips to the CS desk it was not resolved. Finally found someone from the food service who looked it up and said that the charge was at 11:54am and they did not enter the drink package until 12:22pm. The proper time would be the instant people are allowed on the ship. The reason our drinks were so late was that the service was slow.

Did you purchase a drink package once on board or was the drink package part of the fare? If part of the fare then the package should be on your account from the time you board. If you purchase on board then there would be a delay before posted to your accounts.