Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We picked the bottle of champagne.  I wonder what that says about us?  🤔

In the past we always picked liquor but with 5 free drinks, suite lounge happy hour and the 40 percent discount on wine under a hundred with UDP didn’t think champagne was needed. We sail on celebrity beyond in a month and they give suites a bottle of bubbly and now allow 4 bottles of wine without a corkage fee if you have drink package. 
  We switched to directtv this year to get all Bills games so far only one has been not on local stations .

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fontaid said:

Greg, I thoroughly enjoyed joining you on your cruise this week... well except for that one little accident you had with your shoulder. Hopefully, your Primary Physician will not find anything else. Just remember water in = water out. I'm on diuretics too. I have to plan to stop about every 60 - 90 minutes while driving, so... plan ahead!  Safe travels, my friend.

Best regards,

Dave

Water in hardly equals water out. If that were true we wouldn't have to drink any water. We would just have a closed system like your car's cooling system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Water in hardly equals water out. If that were true we wouldn't have to drink any water. We would just have a closed system like your car's cooling system.

Water is not a magical elixir that cures all , either .  Just like everything else consumption has to be tailored to the person imbibing .  I got into a discussion with the chief of urology at my hospital about the amount of fluids I should be drinking per day.  He told me 4 glasses and I said 8 . He won by the mere fact he went to medical school . Anyway besides water there’s Gatorade , lemonade, fruit juice whatever besides alcohol and coffee.  

That’s my uneducated take on this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Water is not a magical elixir that cures all , either .  Just like everything else consumption has to be tailored to the person imbibing .  I got into a discussion with the chief of urology at my hospital about the amount of fluids I should be drinking per day.  He told me 4 glasses and I said 8 . He won by the mere fact he went to medical school . Anyway besides water there’s Gatorade , lemonade, fruit juice whatever besides alcohol and coffee.  

That’s my uneducated take on this. 

All the things you mentioned are water (alcohol excluded) with "stuff" mixed in. It is also impossible to give a staight answer to daily needs. Everyone's metabolism is different. Activity levels, environmental temperature, medicatons, medical issues all factor in to daily needs.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Will do. Thanks Deb. First thing tomorrow is make appointment with my primary care doctor and have it re-xrayed and consult about therapy.

I hope you are feeling a lot better,Greg.In 2018 I fell and broke a wrist several weeks prior to a cruise.Although the cast was off I had to wear a sling on the cruise and it limited my activities.

• Like 4

Thank you for taking us along this week.

Wonderful job on all of your postings as always.

We really enjoyed it.

When is your next cruise?  

Our next cruise is not till December

so got to stay virtual cruising till then.  🙂

Safe travel home!

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Will do. Thanks Deb. First thing tomorrow is make appointment with my primary care doctor and have it re-xrayed and consult about therapy.

Good luck tomorrow Greg.

Happy belated anniversary.

We were on P&O Ventura so didn't get a chance to fully follow.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

On 10/21/2022 at 2:20 PM, Sea Dog said:

Big line for the start of Bingo. Someday I’ll play.

Who all plays Bingo? Let me know.

32E8ABDF-7975-4E96-9664-546E9348E550.thumb.jpeg.3e56a524de6bca7e2f65867309bf5645.jpeg

We have a Bingo Blitz VIP group on our upcoming Liberty cruise...we have been forewarned that they are "wild and crazy"! Sounds interesting!

• Like 1

Thank you, Sea Dog, for your live review! I've enjoyed reading your story-telling writing style, and thanks to your review and photos I am now thinking we will try the MDR again for dinners. We began having dinners in WJ a few cruises back because of the quick in and out, but those photos are enticing! Thanks again - only 22 days! 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

Greg , you seem to in general like the mdr , would you book UDP again ? 

Yes I would depending on price and the number of restaurants on a ship. Liberty had only 3 so it did not make sense to me . On Symphony I ate at a different restaurant each night. Right now for the Bella cruise in March the UDP is over $260 per person. Not going to buy it at that price.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Are you and Linda driving straight home today, Greg?  I don't remember how far "home" is, from Galveston....

Yes we are driving it straight. 777 miles and takes us close to 13 hours. We left Galveston around 9:30am. Now it’s taking us longer because I now took my blood pressure medicine and I have to go to the bathroom every hour and a half. We just passed Muskogee Oklahoma. We should be home right before 10 pm. Jury is still out on whether driving or flying would have been better.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you are feeling a lot better,Greg.In 2018 I fell and broke a wrist several weeks prior to a cruise.Although the cast was off I had to wear a sling on the cruise and it limited my activities.

Thanks Lenny! First time I ever broke a bone in my body. Let’s hope it’s the last.

3 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you for taking us along this week.

Wonderful job on all of your postings as always.

We really enjoyed it.

When is your next cruise?  

Our next cruise is not till December

so got to stay virtual cruising till then.  🙂

Safe travel home!

Thanks for following along. Your comments mean a lot to me. Next cruise is the Bella Cruise next March with @John&LaLa and about 50 of us from here at CC. Going to be a blast. You should join us!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck tomorrow Greg.

Happy belated anniversary.

We were on P&O Ventura so didn't get a chance to fully follow.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

Thank Graham. Hoping for good news. Cheers to you and Pauline.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I would depending on price and the number of restaurants on a ship. Liberty had only 3 so it did not make sense to me . On Symphony I ate at a different restaurant each night. Right now for the Bella cruise in March the UDP is over $260 per person. Not going to buy it at that price.

Yes we are driving it straight. 777 miles and takes us close to 13 hours. We left Galveston around 9:30am. Now it’s taking us longer because I now took my blood pressure medicine and I have to go to the bathroom every hour and a half. We just passed Muskogee Oklahoma. We should be home right before 10 pm. Jury is still out on whether driving or flying would have been better.

Thanks Lenny! First time I ever broke a bone in my body. Let’s hope it’s the last.

Thanks for following along. Your comments mean a lot to me. Next cruise is the Bella Cruise next March with @John&LaLa and about 50 of us from here at CC. Going to be a blast. You should join us!

Thank Graham. Hoping for good news. Cheers to you and Pauline.

No more accidents for you,Greg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your trip.  It was great to follow along.

I hope your shoulder pain doesn’t last much longer and your doctor gives a good prognosis.

I bet those two beautiful  puppies are going to be so excited to see you both. 

I hope Elaine found new friends and had a fantastic time for the rest of her cruise. 

Again thanks!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

All packed up. Luggage tags attached. Sitting on the balcony one last time with cognac in hand . It’s been a fantastic week despite injury and pain. Liberty of the Seas is still a great ship to sail on. Great crew who take pride in what they do.

My only disappointment was the bourbon selection on board and my inability to connect with one bartender all week. This is the first cruise where I stayed out of the Schooner Bar. The main highlight excursion was Stingray City.

Unfortunately we never saw our adopted friend Elaine after our excursion together. I hope she had a good time.

My fears of a wild drunken crowd from the Country Music Cruise was quickly put to ease. This was one cruise we’re everyone was polite and respectful. I met some really nice people.

I’ll post a few more for our trip back home. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Sorry I didn’t get any Compasses to scan. I pretty much keep up to date in the app. No need for compasses in my book.

Thanks for following along. This was my most viewed review yet. I hope you enjoyed more of a personal story. I was a story teller professionally for over 40 years until retirement. I like telling stories that are personal and ones that people can relate . It keeps my head in the game. And if I can make someone laugh or cry, give them some information they might find helpful or just plain entertain then my job is fulfilled.

Good night friends. I’ll be up early getting some breakfast and making sure I take my meds and drink plenty of water.

Thoroughly captivating

Enjoyable

Amazing pictures and videos

You left us wanting more

You've earned your place among the pros because you are one

Safe travels home

• Like 2

We are home!!! Exactly at 10pm, 12 hours after leaving Galveston. It really helped having a good breakfast in the main dining room because we were not hungry all day. Just stops for gas and a bunch of bathroom stops. Boy I need to get off these blood pressure meds.

Needless to say the pups now a year old were very excited to see us!

I’ll post some final thoughts tomorrow as well as be around to answer anyone’s questions they might have.

Again  from the bottom of my heart I thank you for all the wonderful responses and comments. I was glad I got to share my story and experiences with you even if it was a little embarrassing for me.

I will sleep well tonight with visions of Diamond vouchers running through my head!

Ho Ho Ho!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are home!!! Exactly at 10pm, 12 hours after leaving Galveston. It really helped having a good breakfast in the main dining room because we were not hungry all day. Just stops for gas and a bunch of bathroom stops. Boy I need to get off these blood pressure meds.

Needless to say the pups now a year old were very excited to see us!

I’ll post some final thoughts tomorrow as well as be around to answer anyone’s questions they might have.

Again  from the bottom of my heart I thank you for all the wonderful responses and comments. I was glad I got to share my story and experiences with you even if it was a little embarrassing for me.

I will sleep well tonight with visions of Diamond vouchers running through my head!

Ho Ho Ho!

What a wonderful welcome home!  My, those pups really have grown!

• Like 4