Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from Sea Dog! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Sea Dog was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

403867352_REVIEWHEADERcopy.thumb.jpg.8ffe6fc7da4a891ffdbf99b70a68b0af.jpg

I’m going to do it !

Thanks to everyone for your fantastic comments on my Symphony review. You have encouraged me to take it one step further, a live review. We are going on Liberty of the Seas out from Galveston. I'll have more details on that later.

low_1551454174_LibertyShoot-RFP-13.jpeg.eb40396bcba27d58126ec87047fb06ec.jpeg

Since we focused on UDP on Symphony I decided on something different, the Main Dining Room. How does it compare? Is the food good? Can I get more than 1 entree. Inquiring minds want to know.

1361348192_FoodQuestions.thumb.jpg.5a4b2003c64e58896e9c16fe0b85ecda.jpg

So with out further ado, It wouldn’t be a Sea Dog review without a hype video to get you all fired up.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

So what's the plan Dog?

What: Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean

Where: Western Caribbean from Galveston, TX

1509738138_LibertyRoute.jpeg.35dc655fd9f22a6d703aa7755457977d.jpeg

Day 1 Depart Galveston, TX

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cozumel

Day 4 Grand Cayman

Day 5 Falmouth Jamaica

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Arrive Galveston, TX

When: October 16-23, 2022

Who: Sea Dog (Greg) and Mrs. Sea Dog (Linda)

Why: Because we love cruising.

No really, why the short turnaround from Symphony 3 weeks ago to now? Well we are playing the double points game. Since Royal’s double point promotion during the pandemic we have tried to take advantage of it since we were low life’s at Gold.

So we booked my retirement cruise last November in a Junior Suite. BAM a quick 28 points moving us to Platinum. Then several weeks ago on Symphony in a balcony for 16 points and BAM we are Emerald. So for this sailing my genius TA (Thank you KH) suggested going as solos. We got a great price for Linda in a Balcony and me across the hall in a double occupancy inside room. So after this cruise another 28 points and BAM we are Diamond and can play with the big boys.

263609012_DrivingRoute.thumb.png.f6a21df6ab83578dd80b2eb4f48983f2.png

Another thing that makes this cruise different is that we are driving not flying. Galveston is only 12 hours away from Kansas City for the plan is to drive down Friday morning (O' Dark Thirty)  and stay that night and Saturday night and then board on Sunday. This way we will not be too tired and we have a day to enjoy the sights of Galveston.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm Bringing New Toys!!!!

Ha, I know what you were thinking, no not that kind.

You may have followed my last review where my Go Pro had an unfortunate accident. Let’s revisit.

My camera was out of warranty and I did not have the “no questions asked” replacement subscription but figured I would call the company and see if they would do anything. Nope. They did give me 30% off on a new one so I took them up on it. 

867748086_NewGoPro.thumb.jpg.ed247fa815f0bb694c1253cf6f2248b3.jpg

I hope to do some good time lapses with it and give you my thoughts on it. Unfortunately with the slow internet on board I may have to wait until I get home to upload the footage because of the high file sizes. 

And I did not think this was going to happen but Merry Christmas To Me!!

IMG_9288.thumb.jpeg.0c659157d8430cd21f1b2153c2aa704f.jpeg

A brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1TB of storage. It's got a new 48mp camera that I am very interested in trying out. Once again since I will be on a crappy internet on board I don't know how well I will be able to upload the Apple ProRaw files since they will be very large. I probably will down convert in Lightroom and save as simple JPEG. I will give you my impressions. This camera may put my DSLR to bed or maybe not we shall see. Right now I'm waiting on cellular from T-mobile to kick in. There was a problem activating the eSim so I had to take it to T-Mobile. They did some things and said I would have to wait about two hours before it activates. Very frustrating.

We are all packed. Oh how I love those packing cubes. two of them for Sea Dog shirts alone.

IMG_9278.thumb.jpeg.972c2cafcbfa24de3632d131bf537623.jpeg

IMG_9285.thumb.jpeg.ea872fb1025a2e1f2a21f0b226fc948f.jpeg

When Lizzy saw the suitcases she was like oh no not this again.

IMG_9284.thumb.jpeg.95a98f9d8fb63767efd1491d12289985.jpeg

Charlie not so much.

IMG_9282.thumb.jpg.f5bde2fa2a8237f9a47a0c473c43b40e.jpg

Gotta run, Dog sitter coming over to get the keys. She was great with the pups on our last trip three weeks ago. She had her hands full. Charlie and Lizzy like to play tug of war.

I'll check back in the morning after we start driving.  Tomorrow will be a long dayThanks everyone for coming alone. I think it will be a blast.

• Like 26

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Gotta run, Dog sitter coming over to get the keys. She was great with the pups on our last trip three weeks ago. She had her hands full. Charlie and Lizzy like to play tug of war.

Now I see why your cat hid in the garage. LOL

They sure have grown up over the months. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now I see why your cat hid in the garage. LOL

They sure have grown up over the months. 

Yes they have October 21st. Will be their birthday. We already got them birthday hats and when we get back we will have a little party. Going to get a doggie cake too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1TB of storage. It's got a new 48mp camera that I am very interested in trying out.

Glad to see it made it in!  I bet you will love it.  I hope you ha e a safe and happy trip!

• Like 1

Surprise

pat-stage-2.thumb.jpeg.f17d32f727015a50b0b039096f524136.jpeg

One thing that I did not know about this cruise and only found out a couple of months ago that this cruise is also home to the Texas Country Music Cruise with over 10 artists.

FZLaUV0XkAAsbVT.thumb.jpeg.03807d18be540c330b7025d3fd4e5a9e.jpeg

They are suppose to have most of the concerts in Studio B but I have no idea if the ship will be full of country fans or not. I am not a fan of country music but respect it and I’ve never heard of any of the artists. I hope as long as they are nice and don't get too crazy we will be good. Here is a video from their 2019 cruise.

All of the concert goers paid an admission fee to get into the concerts. I am told that none of their concerts will affect the rest of the entertainment on the ship.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5

I’m here! Following along. 😎 Thank you very much for deciding to go ahead and do this review, and live, no less! 

Based on your intro video, it sounds like you’re going to Bamboo Beach Club VIP in Falmouth. I’m considering that for our Odyssey cruise in April so I’ll be interested to hear what you and Linda think about it. I’m also interested in your Grand Cayman day. We have spent a fair amount of time on the island on land trips as well as cruises and love it there. I’m always looking for new things to do, but the stingrays are so much fun we may end up doing that again. Big decisions to be made! 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm Bringing New Toys!!!!

Ha, I know what you were thinking, no not that kind.

You may have followed my last review where my Go Pro had an unfortunate accident. Let’s revisit.

My camera was out of warranty and I did not have the “no questions asked” replacement subscription but figured I would call the company and see if they would do anything. Nope. They did give me 30% off on a new one so I took them up on it. 

867748086_NewGoPro.thumb.jpg.ed247fa815f0bb694c1253cf6f2248b3.jpg

I hope to do some good time lapses with it and give you my thoughts on it. Unfortunately with the slow internet on board I may have to wait until I get home to upload the footage because of the high file sizes. 

And I did not think this was going to happen but Merry Christmas To Me!!

IMG_9288.thumb.jpeg.0c659157d8430cd21f1b2153c2aa704f.jpeg

A brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1TB of storage. It's got a new 48mp camera that I am very interested in trying out. Once again since I will be on a crappy internet on board I don't know how well I will be able to upload the Apple ProRaw files since they will be very large. I probably will down convert in Lightroom and save as simple JPEG. I will give you my impressions. This camera may put my DSLR to bed or maybe not we shall see. Right now I'm waiting on cellular from T-mobile to kick in. There was a problem activating the eSim so I had to take it to T-Mobile. They did some things and said I would have to wait about two hours before it activates. Very frustrating.

We are all packed. Oh how I love those packing cubes. two of them for Sea Dog shirts alone.

IMG_9278.thumb.jpeg.972c2cafcbfa24de3632d131bf537623.jpeg

IMG_9285.thumb.jpeg.ea872fb1025a2e1f2a21f0b226fc948f.jpeg

When Lizzy saw the suitcases she was like oh no not this again.

IMG_9284.thumb.jpeg.95a98f9d8fb63767efd1491d12289985.jpeg

Charlie not so much.

IMG_9282.thumb.jpg.f5bde2fa2a8237f9a47a0c473c43b40e.jpg

I'll check back in the morning after we start driving.  Tomorrow will be a long dayThanks everyone for coming alone. I think it will be a blast.

I love how Lizzie just sits there and let Charlie do all the work.

These 2 are precious.

• Like 3