Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh crap Greg.  So sorry that this happened to you.  Please be careful while on the pool deck.

Please post photos later in the week, when this puts you over the top to win the World’s Sexiest Man Contest. 😁😉

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear you had a fall Greg and have a hairline fracture in your collar bone.

I hope it doesn't detract you from having an awesome cruise.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh, Greg I'm so sorry this happened. 😪 I hope you are not in too much pain. 

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Well that is not the way to start a vacation.  Take care, take your meds and have a good time in your sexy sling.

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Greg, so sorry that you fell.  I hope that you feel better soon and it doesn't take away from you and Linda enjoying the cruise. 

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wow!  On the bright side it could have been a lot worse.  I guess nothing to do for the next week but sit and relax poolside.

+ 7 😢

• Like 4

Greg, so sorry you had this little incident.  I too, am glad it wasn't any worse and glad you can still cruise.  I did a cruise 2 weeks after breaking my foot and I can't think of a better place to recuperate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I feel stupid and NO I was not drunk. So because of the long drive I did not take my blood pressure medicine because it has a diuretic in it and did not want to have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I also did not drink any water. So when I got up to go to the bathroom I got up too quickly felt dizzy and fell. I must have hit my head because I asked Linda where were we. So a trip to the ER for a Cat Scan, blood work, and shoulder x-ray. Needless to say everything looked good except to have a hairline fracture in my collarbone. So I guess slings are sexy looking on a cruise  ship. I feel stupid that it happened. Doc said make sure you take your meds.

517E46AC-4D69-4AEC-85F7-8BCC20A247E0.thumb.jpeg.028a5b8510c575d3342064f623f12bfa.jpeg

So sorry to see this, just means this will need to be a more relaxing trip.  Lots of lazy days trying out various cocktails.

We too tried the don't drink much on long trips but realized it wasn't worth the time saved.  Quick potty break stops do add time but not that much.  Hoping you can still fully enjoy the rest of your trip.  Glad I found your thread but not happy with how.  Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

• Like 2

Wow,just wow!

Yourwife must have been very concerned that you needed ER medical assistance.

Hope that your collarbone heals quickly and without too much discomfort.

You may be aware of this,but alcohol is a diuretic. The drinks at dinner may have factored into your situation.

Wishing you good days and happy cruising!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I feel stupid and NO I was not drunk. So because of the long drive I did not take my blood pressure medicine because it has a diuretic in it and did not want to have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I also did not drink any water. So when I got up to go to the bathroom I got up too quickly felt dizzy and fell. I must have hit my head because I asked Linda where were we. So a trip to the ER for a Cat Scan, blood work, and shoulder x-ray. Needless to say everything looked good except to have a hairline fracture in my collarbone. So I guess slings are sexy looking on a cruise  ship. I feel stupid that it happened. Doc said make sure you take your meds.

517E46AC-4D69-4AEC-85F7-8BCC20A247E0.thumb.jpeg.028a5b8510c575d3342064f623f12bfa.jpeg

My wife is always on me to drink water , I currently sometimes get a little dizzy will get my annual physical soon . I always thought water in ice cubes was enough. Hope you still can enjoy your vacation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Look at the bright side, it could have been worse.... and stop messing with your meds. What happened was something called orthostasis. You got up too fast and the receptors in your neck didn't boost the blood up to your head quickly enough. Problably happened because of youe self imposed fluid restriction.

That’s what the ER doc said. He also said some Orthopedic surgeons want to do surgery to repair the tendon (I think) that keeps the bone down. He did not think I necessarily needed that even though I can feel a raised ridge there on my shoulder.  Will that reduce over time?  My pain is tolerable and I can still move my arm around a little bit. I forgot to ask how long should I wear the sling? He also said I could take it off from time to time if I wasn’t in too much pain. I wasn’t even going to report on it on my review because I feel stupid but in an effort to be open and transparent I felt all of you should know.

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Wow,just wow!

Yourwife must have been very concerned that you needed ER medical assistance.

Hope that your collarbone heals quickly and without too much discomfort.

You may be aware of this,but alcohol is a diuretic. The drinks at dinner may have factored into your situation.

Wishing you good days and happy cruising!

MJ🙋🏻

Yes I’m sure that was a factor even though I asked my wife if I was drunk and she said no. I only had two drinks. Not drinking enough water and not taking my meds caused this. Live and learn.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s what the ER doc said. He also said some Orthopedic surgeons want to do surgery to repair the tendon (I think) that keeps the bone down. He did not think I necessarily needed that even though I can feel a raised ridge there on my shoulder.  Will that reduce over time?  My pain is tolerable and I can still move my arm around a little bit. I forgot to ask how long should I wear the sling? He also said I could take it off from time to time if I wasn’t in too much pain. I wasn’t even going to report on it on my review because I feel stupid but in an effort to be open and transparent I felt all of you should know.

So it sounds like you separated your AC joint. That  "raised ridge" you are feeling will most likely always be there now. The separation does not heal itself, you just don't want to nake it worse. And the tendon you mentioned is actually a ligament.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Greg, sorry to hear about your fall.   Keep on your meds, and keep hydrated.  You are lucky you didn’t get dizzy while making that long drive.   Take it from someone who knows what can happen.  I won’t go into it on your live thread.

I hope you can enjoy all the things you have planned for your cruise.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So it sounds like you separated your AC joint. That  "raised ridge" you are feeling will most likely always be there now. The separation does not heal itself, you just don't want to nake it worse. And the tendon you mentioned is actually a ligament.

Thanks for your comments OB. I could not remember if he said tendon or ligament. The bump annoys me more than anything else. I guess I may have to live with it. I think you should send me a bill for your consultation. Payment in Kraken???

• Like 2
  • Haha 21

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm home and so happy to see this review, as well as reviews from Renee and John.  Great way to slowly re-enter reality.

Sorry to hear about your accident.  Hope it doesn't impact your cruise too much.  Have a New Fashioned on me!  Cheers!

Dang, seems like you just left.............Time goes so fast the older we get.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

Just let it go for now, please. We can explain it to you later without cluttering the review. 

Easy to just skip the posts that you do not approve of, or not explain.

But please do let others learn something contextual from fellow posters. It is very related info to this cruise review.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I’m sure that was a factor even though I asked my wife if I was drunk and she said no. I only had two drinks. Not drinking enough water and not taking my meds caused this. Live and learn.

Greg, so sorry this happened, but hope you won't be in much pain and can enjoy your cruise!  

Not sure but I think I read (on this thread maybe) that Kraken is good to drink for medicinal purposes!

• Haha 5

Greg- I did not want to imply that you were inebriated,but that alcoholic drinks can cause dehydration. Dehydration can be a tricky thing.

How do I know?

My DH was taken off an early morning  Southwest flight because he passed out due to eating very little breakfast, drinking very little water since the evening before the flight and taking anxiety medication before the proscribed time. Luckily it happened as the plane was waiting on the runway for take-off and there was a doctor on the plane who stepped up to help him before the paramedics arrived.

He was taken to a local hospital ER and I was assigned a police officer to see that I drove to the hospital without any problems of my own.

He underwent a battery of tests in the ER, to determine that it was a case of dehydration and medication taken too close to the previous dose.

Absolutely a good outcome,but if DH had used some common sense we would not have had to go through a very apprehensive  experience.

The silver lining in all of this was that the Southwest crew was very helpful and understanding. The paramedics did their job very professionally. The police officer was most kind. And the passengers on the plane were also very kind. Southwest even refunded our fares and returned the checked bags without a fee.

Remember,water is your friend.

MJ

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Easy to just skip the posts that you do not approve of, or not explain.

But please do let others learn something contextual from fellow posters. It is very related info to this cruise review.

I got a hand slapping from CC for a comment I made on a live thread that they felt was distracting from the actual purpose of the thread.

• Like 7