The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 15th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Sweetest Day, White Cane Safety Day, and Pug Day

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.--C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

Meal Suggestion for today - skillet chicken brussels sprouts
Drink of the Day - Jimmys Chocolate
Wine of the Day - Lubanzi 2020 Chenin Blanc (Swartland)
Destination of the Day - Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 10/16

Koningsdam

Hilo, Hawaii Island 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00

Noordam

Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 23:00

Oosterdam

Heraklion, Crete Greece 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland 07:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy 07:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal eta 10/18

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Fanning Island, Line Islands, Kiribati eta 10/18

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Apia, Upolu Island, Samoa eta 10/18

1015World.thumb.png.dfbdfba551d45259b41fe27db2803a4a.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Happy Saturday!  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

It's a rainy start to the day, but the rain should end soon so Bertie and I will go for a walk then.

A good collection of days.  I will share Sweetest Day with my sweetie.❤️  White canes are very important to people with sight problems.  I think pugs are cute.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

The drink sounds good too.

Not sure about the wine, probably won't be able to get it around here.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port, we haven't been there.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a sunny 11°C North East coast of England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports.

3 interesting days.

Nice meal and wine today.

Today's port sounds Exotic.

Prayers for everyone they can help.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221015_114959.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_114903.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_115256.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  A great  collection of days and I expect Pug Day will be a favorite of many Dailyites.  Love the Lewis quote.  I've been to Bora Bora on both Crystal ships.  The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chilled 3-berry ministrone  Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 15, 2017:

dishes15.jpg

Today’s care list:

A wave of police killings
RIP Robbie Coltrain

Final days for kochkeffek’s friend Frab
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
Quartzite Cruiser DH numbness in legs
Damage from Ian and Fiona
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Quartzite Cruiser followup surgery 10/24
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17; last days in penthouse
Great visitors for ger_77
Easy fixes for Jazzyv
Bon Voyage  Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Welcome home Gail & Marty
Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS  to 10/16)  Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25)
Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  A great  collection of days and I expect Pug Day will be a favorite of many Dailyites.  Love the Lewis quote.  I've been to Bora Bora on both Crystal ships.  The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chilled 3-berry ministrone  Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 15, 2017:

dishes15.jpg

Today’s care list:

A wave of police killings
RIP Robbie Coltrain

Final days for kochkeffek’s friend Frab
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
Quartzite Cruiser DH numbness in legs
Damage from Ian and Fiona
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Quartzite Cruiser followup surgery 10/24
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17; last days in penthouse
Great visitors for ger_77
Easy fixes for Jazzyv
Bon Voyage  Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Welcome home Gail & Marty
Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS  to 10/16)  Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25)
Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you Roy for today's updated lists.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Skillet Chicken Brussels Sprouts sounds like an excellent dish for a Fall day.

Brussels sprouts are named after Brussels, Belgium, where it is believed they were first widely cultivated in the 16th century. Sometimes called mini cabbages, they have appeared on “most hated vegetable” lists due to their potentially bitter flavors caused by sulfur-containing compounds. Overcooking the vegetable, particularly by boiling, will intensify any bitter flavors and unpleasant odors. However, when properly cooked and seasoned, Brussels sprouts offer a natural, nutty sweetness.

Eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous veggies may help protect against cancers of the stomach, lungs, kidney, breast, bladder, and prostate. Crunchy veggies like Brussels sprouts may also help you stave off other health issues, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes.

A simple stove top dinner ready in 25 minutes.

https://thewholecook.com/skillet-chicken-brussels-sprouts/

Skillet-Chicken-Brussels-Sprouts-by-The-Whole-Cook-horizontal-680x510.jpg

Another simple dinner featuring hot honey, shaved brussels sprouts and panko for crunch.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/skillet-hot-honey-chicken-with-brussels-sprouts-12159958

Food Network Kitchen’s Skillet Hot Honey Chicken with Brussels Sprouts, as seen on Food Network.

One pan recipe with the addition of sweet potatoes and bacon!  Looks a bit like a hash to me.

https://www.wellplated.com/chicken-apple-sweet-potato-and-brussels-sprouts-skillet/

Harvest chicken skillet with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a skillet

Let’s shred the Brussels sprouts and add some apples.

https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a44233/skillet-chicken-brussels-sprouts-apples-recipe/

skillet chicken with brussels sprouts and apples

How about adding some sausage and roasting everything in on cast iron skillet in the oven.

https://www.seriouseats.com/one-pan-chicken-sausage-brussels-sprouts-recipe

20161102-Chicken-Sausage-Sprouts-03.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  It's another 45F morning but will get up to 80 and sunny today which is great.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily while on your cruise.  We so appreciate it!  I like sweetest day, and white cane safety today.  Pugs are cute.  The menu suggestions sounds interesting.  I've learned to like brussels sprouts as an adult so would try the dish.  Thanks Tina @0106for filling in for Debbie.  I like the quote, and would try the wine.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers this morning said for our Care list and all the others suffering after the hurricanes and those in Ukraine.  Cheers to those on the Celebration list.  Gail and Marty will have to plan a few more cruises now that they're home from their extended cruise.  A shout out to Terri @Cruzin Terriand her DH who moved on up to the penthouse.  Sorry you had to go through the lack of AC for a while though.

Today's port of Bora Bora is a great one and many of us here have enjoyed it.  It was posted here first on Nov. 30, 2021 so here is a link for those who want to get their photos to post here.

I've determined we went to Bora Bora twice, once on Golden Princess in April 2014 and again on Maasdam in April 2017.  Each time we went on Patrick's tour which is a  MUST when there.  It was absolutely perfect and you can see how beautiful the water is, the motu was outstanding, the sand is so powdery that his crew of helpers were washing with the sand at our swim stop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcaRfwRyj2SpQLoaYChNUT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078484

Yes that was wet sand he was using.  It's so soft and fine, like baby powder!  Look at all the fun folks were having.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfBjN1X5ZndUkwunyxk8wB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078490

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7ZhBLk8HllZW9iLZ6ha5-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024447

Patrick is a brave man!  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKva7NJ1PsnWmozA-_KhTjT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493653627

The view across from Patrick's private island or motu.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpxZiCZXGUy_SHKwSmmKNJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494107523

Someone took our photo there in Paradise!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlkAUMGx2HQ3Fw0QlyKSbA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494107525

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIP53GA4cw0qWr-aQUJx3_D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493653587

Some people like to eat sitting in the water00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-9FNCHt25l83fiU8BWZ4F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106834

And others on the shore in the shade of course.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIC3cULzHV6FKlwwJ7dzRsI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106870

Lunch!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrinPwECa9tCo_Gcdfe9l2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106813

But more importantly, plenty of WINE and champagne!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkN7BP5C4KrFPNbqERk9b8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106706

And people enjoying snorkeling and seeing the fish.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJDu4TYAbeJPz5fkcbwsuY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024302

Here's a stingray.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkuogMF27A5kfcIl_uoG6n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078315

A wonderful way to spend your time in Bora Bora.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! And I appreciate you sharing your cruising days with us. Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. 

Fall is back, and this morning is spectacular. I spoke to my friends who owned a Winter home in Ft. Myers Beach and they lost everything except what was stored higher than the flood waters - their high water mark was 27 inches & could be safely sanitized. Luckily they were still in Maine when the storm hit. They will probably no rebuild - at least not there. They are now dealing with FEMA and their insurance company. They know it will take a long time since so many were affected. Once again, I realize how lucky I was. 

Off to the gym. Then I am hosting dinner for some friends this evening, so I have some prep and cleaning to do. How can one woman and one dog track in so much grass?

My mantra…

84774DAD-EAEB-4339-BF74-87447B489B47.jpeg.641a70a716d19299f1f5a64e8e7f7b02.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Lubanzi 2020 Chenin Blanc (Swartland)

This South African Chenin Blanc sounds very interesting. Especially since it has an “affectionate” finish. A bit elusive. I found one online distributor offering it for $18.20 + shipping. 

Winemaker Notes

The 2020 Lubanzi Chenin Blanc displays a deep straw color that points towards both ripe freshness & complexity. The nose brings tropical & stone fruits first, eliciting thoughts of tangerine & lychee. The palate is round and fleshy, purshing forward lychee again, along with white peach, apricot & green apple, all carried by a touch of elevated acidity. There is Brightness & a slight hint of freshly baked bread throughout. the finish is long, soft & affectionate.

WE90 Wine Enthusiast

There’s a vibrant floral element to the bouquet of this pretty white, with supporting tones of freshly cut pear, peach and white melon. The palate is medium-full in feel, with a lovely rose-spiked peach accent that carries across the palate and is then refreshed by ample acidity. The finish ends clean and refreshing, with very good lingering vibrancy.Editors' Choice.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's another 45F morning but will get up to 80 and sunny today which is great.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily while on your cruise.  We so appreciate it!  I like sweetest day, and white cane safety today.  Pugs are cute.  The menu suggestions sounds interesting.  I've learned to like brussels sprouts as an adult so would try the dish.  Thanks Tina @0106for filling in for Debbie.  I like the quote, and would try the wine.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers this morning said for our Care list and all the others suffering after the hurricanes and those in Ukraine.  Cheers to those on the Celebration list.  Gail and Marty will have to plan a few more cruises now that they're home from their extended cruise.  A shout out to Terri @Cruzin Terriand her DH who moved on up to the penthouse.  Sorry you had to go through the lack of AC for a while though.

Today's port of Bora Bora is a great one and many of us here have enjoyed it.  It was posted here first on Nov. 30, 2021 so here is a link for those who want to get their photos to post here.

I've determined we went to Bora Bora twice, once on Golden Princess in April 2014 and again on Maasdam in April 2017.  Each time we went on Patrick's tour which is a  MUST when there.  It was absolutely perfect and you can see how beautiful the water is, the motu was outstanding, the sand is so powdery that his crew of helpers were washing with the sand at our swim stop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJcaRfwRyj2SpQLoaYChNUT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078484

Yes that was wet sand he was using.  It's so soft and fine, like baby powder!  Look at all the fun folks were having.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfBjN1X5ZndUkwunyxk8wB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078490

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7ZhBLk8HllZW9iLZ6ha5-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024447

Patrick is a brave man!  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKva7NJ1PsnWmozA-_KhTjT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493653627

The view across from Patrick's private island or motu.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpxZiCZXGUy_SHKwSmmKNJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494107523

Someone took our photo there in Paradise!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlkAUMGx2HQ3Fw0QlyKSbA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494107525

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIP53GA4cw0qWr-aQUJx3_D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493653587

Some people like to eat sitting in the water00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-9FNCHt25l83fiU8BWZ4F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106834

And others on the shore in the shade of course.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIC3cULzHV6FKlwwJ7dzRsI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106870

Lunch!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrinPwECa9tCo_Gcdfe9l2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106813

But more importantly, plenty of WINE and champagne!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkN7BP5C4KrFPNbqERk9b8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494106706

And people enjoying snorkeling and seeing the fish.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJDu4TYAbeJPz5fkcbwsuY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024302

Here's a stingray.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkuogMF27A5kfcIl_uoG6n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1399078315

A wonderful way to spend your time in Bora Bora.

Looks amazing Sandi.

Excellent photos plus nice photos of you and your husband too.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you to Rich, Roy, and the F and B ladies. Excellent work.

I'm up early putting finishing touches on the house. We pick up my sister today and she will spend the next 5 days with us. This is my upcoming birthday week. 20 people for brunch downtown Sunday. Girl party of 18 to meet my sis on Wednesday. And sis leaves Thursday. She recently had shoulder surgery so nothing too strenuous. 

The weather will be perfect!

Thank you Sandi for the beautiful pictures. Ann I'm sorry to hear about your friends destroyed home. Prayers lifted to all in need of a strong hug.

image.png.adfc23367f7fd6844fae2e066e315810.png

image.png.22fb17008141201a8da818f182d28362.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Pugs are nice dogs and there are two that our dogs visit with daily on our walks. I am trying to avoid sweets but will celebrate doing something nice for someone else. The city I grew up in (White Plains) often had guiding eye dogs training with their soon to be owners when I was young. I was always aware of the importance of white canes for independence and safety.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, the pictures of Bora Bora are lovely and you and DH look great.

DSIL informed me that today he will remove and store the window placed air conditioners. I guess winter is coming.We also have a surprise visit planned for Tana. I hope it will lift her spirits to see an old friend. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you to Rich, Roy, and the F and B ladies. Excellent work.

I'm up early putting finishing touches on the house. We pick up my sister today and she will spend the next 5 days with us. This is my upcoming birthday week. 20 people for brunch downtown Sunday. Girl party of 18 to meet my sis on Wednesday. And sis leaves Thursday. She recently had shoulder surgery so nothing too strenuous. 

Thank you Sandi for the beautiful pictures. Ann I'm sorry to hear about your friends destroyed home. Prayers lifted to all in need of a strong hug.

Sending Happy birthday wishes for your birthday week Joy.

Sounds like you have an amazing week lined up.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday!  We started with a beautiful sunrise but also with the dreaded waterfowl season started before 8AM.   The noise sounds like mortars on July 4th.   The color tour we did yesterday was fabulous.  I have lived in Michigan for a lot of my life and I have never seen colors like we have this year.  Even driving down the highway the colors were breathtaking.  We may go try another route this morning before college football and horse racing.  

I had my dexi-scan yesterday and my hip joint and arm looked the same as 5 years ago according to my technician.  Sadly I could see how horrible my back looked from 5 years ago.   I am no radiologist but I worked for big pharma for 20+ years and I could see that my lower spine has compressed so much that they in no disk space visible.  😬Thank God that isn't the part of my back that hurts, that is in my thoracic area.  I have worn a back support for 17 years so I guess that is why I don't have a lot of pain from it.  I had a call from my doctor's office mid-afternoon but they did not leave a message.   I imagine I will be getting a MRI soon.   

Thanks for the Daily Reports and Fleet Report Rich!   I think pugs are cute but would never own one.   Sweetest day is a great way to remember those we love, probably about 6 months on from Valentine's Day.   The quote is thought provoking.  I will pass on the meal, my most dreaded vegetable is included.  Drink sounds sweet but the wine looks good.  Sandi thanks for the pictures of Bora Bora, what a beautiful place. Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine and those cleaning up from the hurricanes.     Have a great Saturday!!   

sunrise 101522.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, happy birthday this week!  I hope you will enjoy the weeklong celebration with your sister and all your friends.  Sounds like you have a lot of fun activities to look forward to.  I'm glad your sister's surgery is over with and she seems to be recovered enough to get out and enjoy some time spent with you.  Thanks for those cute memes, too!🎂

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who provide such wonderful information. Last night we went to an Art Walk downtown. Now Mobile can't just have an art walk. It closed maybe 15 blocks downtown and must have had 20k visitors. It was so crowded that the outhouses had a 25 minute line. It closed four blocks around a park to just let people roller skate. Another park had live music and tons of vendors. The streets were lined with vendors and parades and dancers. 

IMG_E4867.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. It’s a cool 46 this morning but it’s going up to 76. Yesterday was eBay and I sat outside with about 3 friends all afternoon. Last night I zoomed a program from an entertainment group Mai belong to in Florida. The program was about Bette Miller, Carole King ( who knew she was married 4 times) and Barbra Streisand . 
My computer geek came and hopefully fixed my eye pad which has been freezing when I do a FaceTime from Florida. Hopefully it will work fine now.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 23

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days - especially White Cane Safety 👍 

Agree with the quote - friendship is invaluable.  The wine and meal both  sound interesting 👍 

I completely agree with Sandi - if you get to Bora Bora, take Patrick’s tour.  It is fabulous!

You see so much of the water and fish.  And Patrick makes it so much fun.  Don’t want to repeat pics but here is Patrick with his infamous fire dance:

8E4E9463-F687-40A2-B8CE-101A7210B7B0.jpeg.45579f9a9719815ed72a101863fc5837.jpeg

834EABDE-3892-4EBA-9711-4B5CEF13A4B6.jpeg.78556bf4c0b4f44d009238c474407506.jpeg

The food they serve is good.  Who wouldn’t want to enjoy the pig cooked their way?  And all their wonderful accompaniments?

75D784E9-5247-47EC-AF47-E2FCA1E32CDC.jpeg.4673f7d3162d8be2646c156c795c579c.jpeg

Yesterday got away on me - technical glitches.  Dishwasher stopped running & checking up on the SUV.  They found something else and said the labour was free but I would have to pay for the parts.  When I got there I asked if it wasn’t connected.  Why yes, it is - so I nicely asked why I was being charged and did the manager know.  She went to check with him and I drove off with no bill 😉 

Looks like another busy one today as I try to find a hotel and change flights - changed my cruise in December when I got an offer.  That’s a first for me!  And I have stuff to do for the upcoming cruise.

Supposed to be teaming rain here with huge warnings but so far it doesn’t seem to be too bad. 🤞 Maybe my guy will come today if it doesn’t so I can get to the port tomorrow?  🤞 

45 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is my upcoming birthday week.

a very happy birthday week to you!

82994C50-4032-48A6-AB77-86CAC6548D19.jpeg.2c14b628645d20c4074d35a492de5433.jpeg

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

They are now dealing with FEMA and their insurance company. They know it will take a long time since so many were affected. Once again, I realize how lucky I was. 

I am so sorry to hear of their loss.  I am so glad you didn’t suffer the same fate.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those affected by Ian & Fiona and those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

F72E8E1E-46DF-486B-B668-DD907E74B0BE.jpeg.7496241f11a9a00689e3591e70fe5939.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Really frustrated with my Dr. right now.  Have requested a script for Malaria meds for our upcoming trip.  He has referred us to the local health dept.  Called them and they said they didn't know anything about those meds.  Dr. is hedging on giving a script.  Called a fried who is a Pharamcy prof and asked her what to do.  She suggested a anitbiotic, which we just happen to have .  Just frustrataed.

Jimmys Chocolate cocktial:

Ingredients:
1 Part Jim Beam Honey
1 Egg White
0.5 Part Lemon Juice
0.5 Part Chocolate Syrup

Directions:
Shake Jim Beam and ice with lemon juice, chocolate syrup and egg white. Use a sieve to pour the liquid into a chilled glass. Garnish with praline and orange.

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.01.37 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

Happy Saturday Morning!  

We  had a great time at the concert yesterday.  Two of our friends didn't show up, but there were 3 of us, and even though his wife didn't come (she was very ill), our friend Harley did, he loves Classical music.  We went out for a lo carb lunch after the concert and talked about his most recent trip to Canada and back.  

Then we needed to head back towards town to get cat food,  and then back home.  We didn't get home until 4:30, so I really had a day off.   I even had two days off from walking the dog!

But I work today, and as of right now, I have no breakfast to munch on.  Nor the energy or drive to go get something.  DH and I were still full after our lunch yesterday, so dinner was ice cream.  This is not healthy eating.

I used to hate Brussel sprouts, but then I tried the sprouts at Red Lobster, and I'm good with them now.  Yum.

Growing up my neighbor had a pug. My brother used to baby sit him, and he said that after the kid fell asleep he would watch the TV with the pug.  When the pug fell asleep he would start snoring and when the dog breathed in, his tail would roll up, and when he breathed out, his tail would unwind.

Thank you for all the great pictures today!

7dd1a1d7a1e71e5153b23b371874aea2.jpg

Happy Sweetest Day!

0bac492b7c9da41a172e06e20dc95d1c.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 5

Ann @cat shepardwhat a shame about your friend's house but I'm glad a few things could be salvaged.  Wishing them patience as they deal with FEMA and their insurance company!

Jacqui @kazuis your new cruise the one out of San Diego that you had problems getting flights for?  Whatever it is , it's good to hear you are doing this cruise spontaneously which can be great fun.  Thank goodness you spoke up about that parts bill they wanted to stick you with, and got it all taken care of free of charge.  👍

Thumbs up reminds me, Gen Z doesn't like boomers using thumbs up emojis as well as a few others like ❤️.  No idea why on the heart but they think thumbs up is menacing.  Huh?

Dixie @summer slopeI hate to hear your doctor is being resistant to the malaria meds.  I just saw the PA not the doctor and she didn't have a problem with it.  I told her what we had prescribed in 2018, and even showed her the packaging I still had.  I'm not going through our health insurance to pay for it, because I looked online at GoodRX and they could save me lots of money for the prescription.  Like half price!  GoodRX showed me the cheapest pharmacy here would be Kroger and I had her send the prescription there.  Yesterday we went to Kroger for groceries and I spoke with the pharmacy.  She said they could do better than the GoodRX price by about $4 so we would go that route.  However, she said the prescription wouldn't be ready until 6 pm.  When I called last night to see if the prescription would be ready today if we go out, and they said after 3 pm today.  ??  Why the delay I don't know but we will go there in a few days time to pick it up.  No wonder the Yelp reviews for the Kroger pharmacy rate them as 1 star!   Anyway, when I had the prescription written up I had the PA double it so DH and I both had our pills to cover us.  I figured about 20 per person - start a few days ahead of time, then about 8 days on the Amazon, then 5 to 7 days afterwards.  I hope you get that all straightened out soon!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll do my best to be my sweetest today, but there are no guarantees.  We don't see a lot of white canes around any more - I wonder why not?  Pugs are funny looking little creatures, so says Sochi.  LOL

It's really looking like fall out there this morning; we've got a temperature of +4C (39F) and it's only going up to +9 (48F), plus we've got grey skies and wind.  Brrr.  DH spent a lot of time mulching the leaves covering the lawn yesterday and it looks like after today he's going to do it all over again.  We still have a lot of trees behind us that haven't turned colour, so it will be an ongoing process.  

@kazuyou said you drove off - was that in your SUV, or your neighbour's vehicle?  Good for you for questioning the cost of the part; whenever I hear something like that, I wonder, would they do the same thing to a male customer?

Not a lot on the agenda today, will tidy up the house, maybe shrink wrap a bedroom window or two, and bring up the suitcases and get them into the guest bedroom.  It's time to look seriously at clothing so I don't overpack (yeah, right!), and make sure everything still fits.  There's only 15 more sleeps till we leave, so time's a ticking!

I'd like today's menu suggestion if it was served to me, but we don't have any brussels sprouts in the house (I hate cooking them because it smells up the entire house), so we'll be having some leftovers from this past week.  It's going to be re-heated salmon steaks with air fried mini potatoes and salad in the kitchen tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, especially for the families of the 40 miners who lost their lives in an explosion in Turkey, and we'll cheer on all who have something to celebrate.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, I hope you have a great time with your birthday  week celebrations.I also believe in week long celebrations of my birthday.Enjoy!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1