The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 25th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have exercised, eaten breakfast, said my prayers and need to shower and get ready for our dental appointments.  Not much time to dawdle.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions here each day.  I hope Lenda and Steve will have good reports for us today.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmokerand the Mrs.   A big shoutout to all on Roy's Celebration list today.  

Ashdod, Israel is the port of the day and here is the link for the last time we saw it, April 29, 2021.

I went to Ashdod in 2014 on our Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  It was our first voyage on Holland America and it was Black Sea and Holy Land B2B.  We were originally booked on the Ocean Princess to go to the Black Sea and the Holy Land but due to political unrest that year Princess cancelled Egypt ports and most of the Black Sea ports and just substituted Greek Isles ports instead.  So we cancelled them and took a chance on the Prinsendam, and loved it!

In Ashdod on October 26, 2014 we immediately left the port for our drive to Jerusalem.  I only have a few photos around the ship of the tugs, etc.  This is about all you can expect from there.  Maybe someone else has spent more time there and can give you an overview of the town.enhance

Arriving at an overlook of the city of Jerusalem we stopped to listen to our guide and take in the view.

enhance

enhance

According to my notes we next stopped at the Church of All Nations, also known as the Basilica of the Agony.  It's a Roman Catholic church located on the Mount of Olives next to the Garden of Gethsemane.  enhance

The church has beautiful murals on its facade.  enhance

The olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane are many hundreds of years old.enhance

enhance

Seen off to the side and on the hillside slightly above the Basilica of the Agony, is the Church of St. Mary Magdalene.  This is one of Jerusalem's most picturesque sights due to its seven gilded onion domes, each topped by a tall Russian Orthodox cross.enhance

Interior of the Basilica including the high altar overlooking a large slab of rock, which is said to be the very rock on which Jesus prayed in agony on the night of his betrayal.enhance

I borrowed this photo of the rock because mine was blurry.enhance

We got on the bus to move on to view the Catholic Cemetery, but I got this photo of the Basilica and the Church of St. Mary Magdalene from the road next to the cemetery.  Gives you a good perspective.enhance

The Catholic Cemeteryenhance

And here is the Tower of David, Jerusalem's citadel, located near the Jaffa Gate on the western side of the old city wall.enhance

Continuing in Jerusalem, we got off the bus and walked through the Jaffa Gate, walking past stalls and shops.  enhance

Entrance to a convent.enhance

enhance

Very well worn stone pathways.enhance

There was a huge gift shop we were allowed to look around in for some time but I stayed outside most of the time taking photos of fountains and small stalls.  From there we walked to the Holy Sepulchre Church which is believed to be the site where Jesus Christ was crucified and buried.enhance

enhance

enhance

Inside the Church we saw the Crucifixion Altarenhance

and the Tomb of Jesusenhance

We continued on with the tour for several more hours and I have a lot more photos but wanted to cut to the end where we went to the Wailing Wall (also known as the Western Wall). enhance

The area was divided with women on one half and men on the other.enhance

From there we walked back through a different gate to our bus and the drive back to our new home away from home, the Prinsendam.  There really is too much to see and learn about on these tours so it is somewhere we should try to visit again.  It was the same way in Haifa when we went to Nazareth and the Jordan River.  I recommend a Holy Land cruise to everyone.  

Sorry this post is so long!

Great photos, we would love to visit the Holy Lands but unfortunately it's a scary part of the world and of course we refuse to fly anymore so that's that.

• Like 19

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI'd be happy to copy and paste your photos for you.  I'm all ready to go now so I'll get right on it before we leave.  Below are Lenda's photos and comments.

We have been to Ashdod on the Prinsendam in 2017, and spent two days there since our call to Egypt was cancelled.  Our taxi drive from the day in Haifa, met us at the shuttle drop-off and we spent the day seeing Masada, and Jerusalem.  I hope I don't repeat many of the pictures @StLouisCruisers posted.

On our way to Masada, we stopped at an overlook for a view of the Judean Desert.  You can catch a glimpse of the Dead Sea in the upper right hand corner of the second picture.

DSC01806.thumb.JPG.88aeac987b20830a94cbeb082b8d494a.JPG

DSC01809.thumb.JPG.f6333695eda2138ae3afae5e6f20985d.JPG

Our next stop was Masada.  The picture shows people walking up the Snake Path.  We took the gondola up and down.

DSC01831.thumb.JPG.c81d00fffdd17a2ca0f6f3848b9314bf.JPG

A couple of views of Masada and the Dead Sea.

DSC01837.thumb.JPG.ebfc6c326defeff26afc2b53441caa64.JPG

DSC01844.thumb.JPG.0cc3688b302ab87174fd0a783dc2ac45.JPG

Jerusalem was not on the day's itinerary, but we were ready to leave Masada about noon, so talked our driver into taking us to Jerusalem also.  He was not happy as that meant driving through Palestinian territory.  Once in the walled city, he rushed us through there, hitting a few of the high spots including the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Western Wall.  I spent more time trying to keep up and watch my footing, so there aren't too many pictures of the different quarters.  Our driver and DH went to the wall, but I waited at the barrier overlooking the Wailing Wall so I could get a picture of them.  Just before they reached the wall, a man very rudely and loudly ordered me away.   

I would like to go back one day, and have a little more time walking through the old city.

Jerusalem from the viewpoint above the cemetery.

DSC01880.thumb.JPG.d7f84cef9800a729e2197ea33e87f1f4.JPG

DSC01881.thumb.JPG.c5ef95735cc35f50d45db7333385ed3a.JPG

The street from the parking garage to the Jaffa Gate.

DSC01902.thumb.JPG.b0879871d2839a36160d1cffd410488d.JPG

Another view of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher which was very crowded.  The wait to enter the tomb was an hour.

DSC01911.thumb.JPG.d527291b77b9a0f74d9bc4549a17ecc6.JPG

One of the many narrow streets.

DSC01905.thumb.JPG.0f91c15a5a4ebc737a528ecf70d75671.JPG

The Western Wall and the Old City

DSC01937.thumb.JPG.8480264f873eb253ac58ee3eb78327fd.JPG

On the way out of the Old City, our driver spotted the Israeli President's car and wanted DH to take his picture beside it.  I also got a picture of our driver and the car.

DSC01962.thumb.JPG.a59606e449678d62d9181c9a40a3667f.JPG

Just a couple of pictures of Jerusalem as we headed back to the Prinsendam.  The traffic was horrific that day as it was the opening of the Knesset.

DSC01967.thumb.JPG.b4cd1be247b1e755d6f4531283101a91.JPG

DSC01969.thumb.JPG.f51b931cc040fca95d07b34326be2184.JPG

The second day we were docked in Ashdod, we talked about finding a taxi to take us to Bethlehem, but after two long days spent in a taxi, we decided against going.  Along with another couple, we found a taxi in the port to take us to Jaffa and Tel Aviv.

If we're lucky enough to return to Ashdod, I want to find someone to take us to Bethlehem and Jerusalem for a slower walk in the Old City.

Jaffa is the ancient port for Jerusalem.  It is a town we really enjoyed.

DSC01971.thumb.JPG.f19858a335db4c34762df14520f6bef9.JPG

DSC01972.thumb.JPG.ae0d3fa4b1e5c15d5c4d93cf4824e601.JPG

DSC01973.thumb.JPG.7b8e9fab77cd443fcecca4edb2d83cb0.JPG

DSC01978.thumb.JPG.2424f9bfa610c360ebb2e31ee61f742d.JPG

Looking from Jaffa toward Tel Aviv.DSC01989.thumb.JPG.6cdcf262c93211692160867966f12e3f.JPG

Our driver dropped us off at seaside promenade in Tel Aviv.

DSC01994.thumb.JPG.9923a10ec2e0e9d3a407de1b196c2764.JPG

After a short time along the sea, our next stop was a mall in downtown Tel Aviv, and we had an hour or so to wander around.  I'll confess we spent most of our time in the mall where we shared a pizza.

DSC02004.thumb.JPG.f09cb7db7d59608d8b2cb62db1a1e9c9.JPG

DSC02002.thumb.JPG.d5aa77ff31e6c71ddc6a201354dc98f4.JPG

A couple of street scenes in Tel Aviv taken from the car as we headed back to the Prinsendam.

DSC02006.thumb.JPG.0c415805fd74530f4aa3ffb2f273622f.JPG

DSC02007.thumb.JPG.9111997c62bdc393e44e63242c92f2cc.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday Fleet Report and Daily, Rich.  Not sure if International Artist Day is a celebration of International Artists or an International celebration of artists but either way is good.  I'll pass on howling at the moon.  I was thinking more of clothing and hair cuts for Punk for a Day.  I love the Crocker quote.  I was in Ashdod just once on the Crystal Serenity in 2010.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fruit Ceviche, Salisbury Steak, and Mango Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 25, 2017:

dishes25.jpg

Today’s care list:

Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Cruisin Terri getting EMG
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri back in hospital after multiple falls
Quaartzite Cruiser DH second surgery and rehab
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Grapau27 with hip x=ray tommorow (but before the Wednesday Daily comes out
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary segarsmoker
Cograts Mishi Sunak
A new Ellie photo
Nieuw Amsterdam in Everglades
New AC for Mister67
Aliaschief off for a river cruise
Bon Voyage Norseh20 (Sirena to 11/18)
Welcome home (or to quarantine) HAL4NOW
Welcome home Ancient Wanderer
Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,Cruisin Single  (American Star  to 10/30),  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30) .  Oceansaway17 (Equinox  to 11/3)  and Cruising-Along (Nieuw Statendam  to 11/5) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and the kind mention of my hip x-ray's tomorrow morning.

Only one of my hips was x-rayed 4 years ago and it was moderate/Severe arthritis then so not expecting good news plus the other hip is troublesome affecting my sleep.

I have 2 suspect lesions on my face and waiting for a new appointment to get them cut out because my op clashed with a paid for cruise.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone else on the care list.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Expecting another day in the 70's with RAIN coming in this afternoon and evening.. I'm so excited!  It's a 10 am to 8:30 day, with a couple of breaks to fix lunch, walk THE dog, and fix dinner....and walk THE dog again.  The cats seem to be rearranging the power amongst themselves, and the one who hides in the living room, the "office cat" , came around the corner and ate with the boys this morning.  Now that was weird.

This is going to be my new mental mantra-

6a6cb17d1b798d2e43668f29ab569955.jpg

Thank you for the photos of Jerusalem. 

I guess this is one of the days, with no recipe.  I'm still eating left over Italian sausage sub sandwiches (some assembly required).  I made them yesterday for dinner.  DH does not usually care for them, but I kept hearing "yummy", and "Irving, you are not getting anymore of my sandwich"  and I did not hear the scraping of the plate into the trash, so I guess they really were more than "OK".

Irving is our begging cat.  He will eat anything that we do.  

I will howl at the moon.  I think it makes me feel better. 

e0ab1ac8fc98e5d06af10da11d0bbb36.jpg

I don't think I've ever been punk. I used to think of myself as an artist, either through my poetry, lyrics, drawing, painting, jewelry making, but realize I am a creator of things, not enough to "sticktouity" to be an artist.  Have a great day!

• Like 27

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have exercised, eaten breakfast, said my prayers and need to shower and get ready for our dental appointments.  Not much time to dawdle.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions here each day.  I hope Lenda and Steve will have good reports for us today.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmokerand the Mrs.   A big shoutout to all on Roy's Celebration list today.  

Ashdod, Israel is the port of the day and here is the link for the last time we saw it, April 29, 2021.

I went to Ashdod in 2014 on our Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  It was our first voyage on Holland America and it was Black Sea and Holy Land B2B.  We were originally booked on the Ocean Princess to go to the Black Sea and the Holy Land but due to political unrest that year Princess cancelled Egypt ports and most of the Black Sea ports and just substituted Greek Isles ports instead.  So we cancelled them and took a chance on the Prinsendam, and loved it!

In Ashdod on October 26, 2014 we immediately left the port for our drive to Jerusalem.  I only have a few photos around the ship of the tugs, etc.  This is about all you can expect from there.  Maybe someone else has spent more time there and can give you an overview of the town.enhance

Arriving at an overlook of the city of Jerusalem we stopped to listen to our guide and take in the view.

enhance

enhance

According to my notes we next stopped at the Church of All Nations, also known as the Basilica of the Agony.  It's a Roman Catholic church located on the Mount of Olives next to the Garden of Gethsemane.  enhance

The church has beautiful murals on its facade.  enhance

The olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane are many hundreds of years old.enhance

enhance

Seen off to the side and on the hillside slightly above the Basilica of the Agony, is the Church of St. Mary Magdalene.  This is one of Jerusalem's most picturesque sights due to its seven gilded onion domes, each topped by a tall Russian Orthodox cross.enhance

Interior of the Basilica including the high altar overlooking a large slab of rock, which is said to be the very rock on which Jesus prayed in agony on the night of his betrayal.enhance

I borrowed this photo of the rock because mine was blurry.enhance

We got on the bus to move on to view the Catholic Cemetery, but I got this photo of the Basilica and the Church of St. Mary Magdalene from the road next to the cemetery.  Gives you a good perspective.enhance

The Catholic Cemeteryenhance

And here is the Tower of David, Jerusalem's citadel, located near the Jaffa Gate on the western side of the old city wall.enhance

Continuing in Jerusalem, we got off the bus and walked through the Jaffa Gate, walking past stalls and shops.  enhance

Entrance to a convent.enhance

enhance

Very well worn stone pathways.enhance

There was a huge gift shop we were allowed to look around in for some time but I stayed outside most of the time taking photos of fountains and small stalls.  From there we walked to the Holy Sepulchre Church which is believed to be the site where Jesus Christ was crucified and buried.enhance

enhance

enhance

Inside the Church we saw the Crucifixion Altarenhance

and the Tomb of Jesusenhance

We continued on with the tour for several more hours and I have a lot more photos but wanted to cut to the end where we went to the Wailing Wall (also known as the Western Wall). enhance

The area was divided with women on one half and men on the other.enhance

From there we walked back through a different gate to our bus and the drive back to our new home away from home, the Prinsendam.  There really is too much to see and learn about on these tours so it is somewhere we should try to visit again.  It was the same way in Haifa when we went to Nazareth and the Jordan River.  I recommend a Holy Land cruise to everyone.  

Sorry this post is so long!

Absolutely phenomenal photos Sandi.

I would happily have enjoyed more from your post.

Good luck at the dentist today.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is another glorious day here in northeast Ohio.  It will be great for doing my laps this morning.  I have a hair appointment, thankfully, at 11:00 and the rest of the day will be dedicated to packing.  Where did all this stuff come from?  I have been throwing things out like mad, but what is left seems to be multiplying.  

@seagarsmoker  Happy 16th anniversary!

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.5e332319de25150458526d176ef534b4.jpg

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Thank you again for letting us know how you are doing.  As Jacqui said, don't worry about us, just take care of yourself.  You are going through a stressful time and whether we hear from you or not, we are keeping you close to our hearts.   But do feel free to lean on us.  That is what we are here for.  

Chicken stuffed cubanelle peppers sound good to me!   I think they'd make a fine dinner.   Found mainly in Puerto Rican, Cuban and Dominican cuisine, the Cubanelle pepper, also called Cuban pepper, is a sweet, mild capsicum that's great for making sauces, adding to pizza, stuffing, and eating raw. Commonly found in supermarkets, these six-inch peppers are worth getting to know, as they're a delicious, vibrant, and inexpensive way to add flavors to all kinds of dishes.

Cubanelle peppers are six to eight inches in size, with a slight curling at the end of the tail. They're typically sold when bright green, but mature peppers come in shades of yellow, orange, and red as well. They grow in late July to September, depending the growing region. Most are imported to the United States from the Dominican Republic.

With origins in South and Central America, the hearty Cubanelle pepper is a traditional ingredient in sofrito, a tomato, pepper, and garlic base used in all sorts of recipes. Cubanelles are also popular in Italian food, a direct consequence of Spanish and Portuguese explorers bringing it further into Europe.

In Sicily, Cubanelle peppers are stuffed with pine nuts, bread and seasonings, and baked. Another popular dish is the classic Italian sausage sandwich, topped with sauteed Cubanelle peppers.

Cubanelle peppers have a mellow honey-mixed-with-pepper flavor with a low heat. They're not spicy, but they're not quiet as mild as regular sweet peppers. The flesh of the Cubanelle is thinner than a bell pepper or poblano and is more similar to an Anaheim. Raw Cubanelle pepper has a pleasing snap and tender texture, due to its lower water content.

662904513_cubanellepeppers4.jpg.937e34d47807116d93608cc2f355e03b.jpg

If ground chicken isn't your thing, there are many different stuffings for any type of pepper you choose.   Here are some ideas:   https://www.thespruceeats.com/best-stuffed-pepper-recipes-4175596

This first recipe is a very easy and quick one.  I think I would want some cheese on this one.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-stuffed-cubanelle-peppers/

1388426456_cubanellepeppers1.jpg.b6c93e02a8deee07d3c067f738d24d52.jpg

This one looks quite nice.  Spoon some of that nice tomato sauce on top of the pepper and enjoy!

https://tiaclara.com/stuffed-cubanelle-peppers-recipe/

10528074_cubanellepeppers2.thumb.jpg.6fd55eb9cc2d97cf68e66c18a8a7427d.jpg

This one is nice and cheesy.   You can substitute bell peppers, poblano peppers, or mild banana peppers for the cubanelle pepper if you wish.   https://30seconds.com/food/tip/25472/Easy-Stuffed-Peppers-Recipe-The-Best-Cheesy-Chicken-Stuffed-Cubanelle-Peppers

1845527760_cubanellepeppers3.jpg.22d18e2fccd94ad6dfdeb0623e84624d.jpg

Here's to adventuresome eating!   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI'd be happy to copy and paste your photos for you.  I'm all ready to go now so I'll get right on it before we leave.  Below are Lenda's photos and comments.

We have been to Ashdod on the Prinsendam in 2017, and spent two days there since our call to Egypt was cancelled.  Our taxi drive from the day in Haifa, met us at the shuttle drop-off and we spent the day seeing Masada, and Jerusalem.  I hope I don't repeat many of the pictures @StLouisCruisers posted.

On our way to Masada, we stopped at an overlook for a view of the Judean Desert.  You can catch a glimpse of the Dead Sea in the upper right hand corner of the second picture.

DSC01806.thumb.JPG.88aeac987b20830a94cbeb082b8d494a.JPG

DSC01809.thumb.JPG.f6333695eda2138ae3afae5e6f20985d.JPG

Our next stop was Masada.  The picture shows people walking up the Snake Path.  We took the gondola up and down.

DSC01831.thumb.JPG.c81d00fffdd17a2ca0f6f3848b9314bf.JPG

A couple of views of Masada and the Dead Sea.

DSC01837.thumb.JPG.ebfc6c326defeff26afc2b53441caa64.JPG

DSC01844.thumb.JPG.0cc3688b302ab87174fd0a783dc2ac45.JPG

Jerusalem was not on the day's itinerary, but we were ready to leave Masada about noon, so talked our driver into taking us to Jerusalem also.  He was not happy as that meant driving through Palestinian territory.  Once in the walled city, he rushed us through there, hitting a few of the high spots including the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Western Wall.  I spent more time trying to keep up and watch my footing, so there aren't too many pictures of the different quarters.  Our driver and DH went to the wall, but I waited at the barrier overlooking the Wailing Wall so I could get a picture of them.  Just before they reached the wall, a man very rudely and loudly ordered me away.   

I would like to go back one day, and have a little more time walking through the old city.

Jerusalem from the viewpoint above the cemetery.

DSC01880.thumb.JPG.d7f84cef9800a729e2197ea33e87f1f4.JPG

DSC01881.thumb.JPG.c5ef95735cc35f50d45db7333385ed3a.JPG

The street from the parking garage to the Jaffa Gate.

DSC01902.thumb.JPG.b0879871d2839a36160d1cffd410488d.JPG

Another view of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher which was very crowded.  The wait to enter the tomb was an hour.

DSC01911.thumb.JPG.d527291b77b9a0f74d9bc4549a17ecc6.JPG

One of the many narrow streets.

DSC01905.thumb.JPG.0f91c15a5a4ebc737a528ecf70d75671.JPG

The Western Wall and the Old City

DSC01937.thumb.JPG.8480264f873eb253ac58ee3eb78327fd.JPG

On the way out of the Old City, our driver spotted the Israeli President's car and wanted DH to take his picture beside it.  I also got a picture of our driver and the car.

DSC01962.thumb.JPG.a59606e449678d62d9181c9a40a3667f.JPG

Just a couple of pictures of Jerusalem as we headed back to the Prinsendam.  The traffic was horrific that day as it was the opening of the Knesset.

DSC01967.thumb.JPG.b4cd1be247b1e755d6f4531283101a91.JPG

DSC01969.thumb.JPG.f51b931cc040fca95d07b34326be2184.JPG

The second day we were docked in Ashdod, we talked about finding a taxi to take us to Bethlehem, but after two long days spent in a taxi, we decided against going.  Along with another couple, we found a taxi in the port to take us to Jaffa and Tel Aviv.

If we're lucky enough to return to Ashdod, I want to find someone to take us to Bethlehem and Jerusalem for a slower walk in the Old City.

Jaffa is the ancient port for Jerusalem.  It is a town we really enjoyed.

DSC01971.thumb.JPG.f19858a335db4c34762df14520f6bef9.JPG

DSC01972.thumb.JPG.ae0d3fa4b1e5c15d5c4d93cf4824e601.JPG

DSC01973.thumb.JPG.7b8e9fab77cd443fcecca4edb2d83cb0.JPG

DSC01978.thumb.JPG.2424f9bfa610c360ebb2e31ee61f742d.JPG

Looking from Jaffa toward Tel Aviv.DSC01989.thumb.JPG.6cdcf262c93211692160867966f12e3f.JPG

Our driver dropped us off at seaside promenade in Tel Aviv.

DSC01994.thumb.JPG.9923a10ec2e0e9d3a407de1b196c2764.JPG

After a short time along the sea, our next stop was a mall in downtown Tel Aviv, and we had an hour or so to wander around.  I'll confess we spent most of our time in the mall where we shared a pizza.

DSC02004.thumb.JPG.f09cb7db7d59608d8b2cb62db1a1e9c9.JPG

DSC02002.thumb.JPG.d5aa77ff31e6c71ddc6a201354dc98f4.JPG

A couple of street scenes in Tel Aviv taken from the car as we headed back to the Prinsendam.

DSC02006.thumb.JPG.0c415805fd74530f4aa3ffb2f273622f.JPG

DSC02007.thumb.JPG.9111997c62bdc393e44e63242c92f2cc.JPG

Lenda

Thank you Sandi for posting Lenda's fabulous photos.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  A great start to the morning for the photos of Israel.   A place I want to go to sometime.  The photos were great.   Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Reports @richwmn.  I will pass on the days but the quote is a good one and a great list of comestibles.  I love the cubanelles with the cheese, looks like a perfect balance.  Cocktail looks easy though the champagne is too pricy for me at this point in my life.  @rafinmdthank you for keeping the care and celebrations list up to date for us.  It is so nice to read hear many of us are preparing for cruises.   Prayers for all needing them, especially Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for your husband and you.  Prayers for the people cleaning up in Florida and the people of Ukraine. 

Today is our last day in the 70s.  It has been amazing weather and I got a lot of work done outside.  I had a good chance to sweep out and organize the shed because DF removed one of his lawn tools and it made space for me to get to work.  It feels good going into winter that things are organized and somewhat neat.   I sprayed pool bleach on the concrete surfaces to brighten them and my nose is still itchy after breathing it but it works great.    We are headed to Costco and then have to head home quickly as a wine shipment is due.  At least two more this week and John is complaining we are stuck at home.  Makes me happy as I have a lot of prep to do to prepare for the luggage pickup sometime soon for our January cruise.   Plus wine arriving always makes me happy.  

@seagarsmokerHappy Anniversary!  Thanks for sharing your photos from Grand Cayman. 

Have a wonderful day.   How about some HA food porn today.  Canaletto seafood soup on the old Rotterdam.   

Seafood soup canaletto.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Thanks for daily report and info!

congratulations and happy Birthday to posters who had/have happy days!

today we are going to Macdill for our prescriptions and to check on vaccinations we need for January cruise.  We will also buy a few groceries, but trying not to have too much food that will need to be used before we travel.

@dfishhope your move goes well!

@Quartzsite Cruiseri was glad to hear your Dh surgery went well.  Hope rehab goes well!

Best wishes to all!

• Like 17

Good morning. it has been busy so far as I drove DH in the dark and fog to a nuclear stress test appointment early. It takes three hours so I returned  home to take care of some things here. We don’t have an aide this week so DD and I are helping Tana as needed.

I will salute International artists and enjoyed The Clash in their day. I like the recipe and have not been to Jerusalem. The pictures are outstanding. Thank you Lenda and Sandi via @Quartzsite Cruiser!

Lenda, I will echo everyone else and say please take care of yourself and know we are here for you. My DH and I look back in amazement at the months of rehab he went through and his eventual recovery. I hope you are pleased with the facility and the PT. It is difficult to be the person in Rehab but also hard to be the caregiver.

• Like 26

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Extremely upset this morning.  Received an email from HAL that Yellow Fever vac is now required for Devil's Island.  Very frustrating at this late date.  Not sure what to do.

Dixie call the pharmacy. Even our Randall's and HEB markets have the vaccine. 

• Like 12

Good morning everyone.

I am in the Mayo Clinic waiting to be called for my EMG.  Already had my blood test for to see where the inflammation level is for the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  Have not yet seen the results.  This will determine the Prednisone dosage and when I will be able to stop it.

Not sure what I will do about the EMG results if they are positive.  I have until 2:30 this afternoon to decide.  Will consult with DH on this before the visit with the doc.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

Like the quote.  Don’t think I will be howling at the moon.  I am not an artist it’s but appreciate their work, but international and domestic.  As for punk, forget it.

I will skip the meal as peppers and my tummy do not like each other.

Also forget about the drink.  Wine is above my budget.

Have not been to the port.

@Quartzsite Cruiser you are in my prayers and hope things start to resolve for you.

@seagarsmokerHappy anniversary to you and your beautiful bride.

Prayers to all who need them and cheers to those celebrating.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for my upcoming tests and our living situation.

I have to sign off as it is time for my appointment.

More later.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Dixie call the pharmacy. Even our Randall's and HEB markets have the vaccine. 

Believe it or not, none of our pharmacies, drug stores,  grocery stores, or health department here in mid florida have the vaccine.  It is so frustrating.  We would have to drive over 50 miles to get one.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is the last from a 2019 QM2 crossing leading up to a river cruise on Crystal Bach and return to Miami involving both of Crystal's ocean ships.  On October 25 I disembarked in Southampton for a couple days in London.

dawn1025.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, summer slope said:

Believe it or not, none of our pharmacies, drug stores,  grocery stores, or health department here in mid florida have the vaccine.  It is so frustrating.  We would have to drive over 50 miles to get one.

Oh no. There's always the last second glitches. Darn it.

• Like 10

Happy Tuesday friends!

Happy Anniversary to Seagarsmoker and wife.

Lenda praying for rest for you and healing for Steve.

Dixie wishing your yellow fever vaccine problem gets cleared up.

Prayers for all on Roy's list.

I used to draw when I was younger and thought I did pretty well. Today I don't think I could color inside a child's coloring book. 

image.png.eb78b6acc1e2c25d0680b05213b70006.png

Wow last night got pretty scary. After our game and party night we could hear lots of thunder and lightning bolts covering the sky. We got a tornado warning on our phones, so I got everyone into Elvis and ran them home. Less than a block. The winds were wow even for Texas. There was a touchdown about 10 miles away, knocking over a semi truck on the Interstate and breaking garage doors and a business.  

Our eye appointments were canceled for today and rescheduled for next week so I'm going to get some Christmas cards labeled and stamped and my yearly calendar updated with birthdays,  anniversary etc.

Wishing everyone an awesome day! God bless.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

@dfishhope your move goes well!

Thank you.  So far we are all systems go!

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish  Thank you for the recipes!  Especially since I know how busy you are.  You're the best!  My tummy thanks you.🤗

You are most welcome!   Doing the meals is a welcome break from packing.

• Like 14