Princess gold and white party?

sunsetme

6 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

What is this about?

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/entertainment/

A Night of Romance and Celebration

To celebrate the new reality program The Real Love Boat streaming on Paramount + this fall, we are introducing The Love Boat Piazza Party taking place on our second formal night, "Dress To Impress."

• Inspired by our beautiful Piazza, the evening’s theme is a white and gold party.
  • We encourage you to bring clothing in the color palette of white and gold and enjoy or even participate in a live interactive gameshow and party experience.
  • The evening will feature our musicians, dancers, cast and crew, including a love-themed game show hosted by our cruise director and Fortuna Luck.
  • Themed food and beverage offerings include the romantic "Love Potion" cocktail.

Debuting on Discovery Princess® on October 1 and coming soon to the rest of our fleet!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay S said:

Since the reality show has basically tanked, I thought they might stop the promotion of it.  Who knows?

The must be getting desperate. They're sending me texts to remind me that the show will be on soon. 🤣LOL

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, DUCHESSRN said:

Last week on Discovery it was a 10.30pm ....too late for us oldies .

As an old man, I've had a hard time staying up too, but the reason why I've never sailed Holland America, is because I heard their ships are quiet at night. I'm trying to stay young, so...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:26 AM, Kay S said:

Since the reality show has basically tanked, I thought they might stop the promotion of it.  Who knows?

It's their baby.   They are going to love it, even if it's ugly.

With Jerry O'Connell on it, I was surprised it survived past the first episode.

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, highriding said:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/entertainment/

A Night of Romance and Celebration

To celebrate the new reality program The Real Love Boat streaming on Paramount + this fall, we are introducing The Love Boat Piazza Party taking place on our second formal night, "Dress To Impress."

• Inspired by our beautiful Piazza, the evening’s theme is a white and gold party.
  • We encourage you to bring clothing in the color palette of white and gold and enjoy or even participate in a live interactive gameshow and party experience.
  • The evening will feature our musicians, dancers, cast and crew, including a love-themed game show hosted by our cruise director and Fortuna Luck.
  • Themed food and beverage offerings include the romantic "Love Potion" cocktail.

Debuting on Discovery Princess® on October 1 and coming soon to the rest of our fleet!

Its not really a show to celebrate. Its as bad as any of the other 'reality' tv shows. Yes it is a great advertisement for Regal Princess but the show itself is second rate. This is such a pity as Princess had a great opportunity to shine. I bet all regular cruises watched every single agonising episode and hoping that Chelsea didn't win.

20 hours ago, Ttynd8 said:

Its not really a show to celebrate. Its as bad as any of the other 'reality' tv shows. Yes it is a great advertisement for Regal Princess but the show itself is second rate. This is such a pity as Princess had a great opportunity to shine. I bet all regular cruises watched every single agonising episode and hoping that Chelsea didn't win.

It will probably be on princess stateroom tv for a couple years, as 'loveboat the next wave' was.

You've been warned!

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

How was the show in the Piazza?

What time was it?

It was held right after the second theater show, around 10:15pm.  By the time we got to the piazza from the theater there was absolutely no place to sit or even stand to see anything.  Even on decks 6 and 7 and the staircases were full. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

It was held right after the second theater show, around 10:15pm.  By the time we got to the piazza from the theater there was absolutely no place to sit or even stand to see anything.  Even on decks 6 and 7 and the staircases were full. 

That's typical of most events in the piazza. 

You have to plan it way ahead for it in the evening. 

Thanks. 

• 7 months later...

If I might ask, does anyone know if they are still offering the Gold & White Piazza Party on the current cruises? We’re getting ready to board the Diamond in a few weeks and this sounds like a lot of fun.

And, yes, we enjoyed watching all of the New Love Boat episodes. But then we were on the July 2-23 Med cruise on the Regal they shot the episodes on. 😁

We have just returned from a 14-day Alaska cruise and there was no Gold & White. They did have the Champaign Tower event but that was it. To be honest most people looked very tired on that cruise. Some of those excursions take it out of you and if you have done the land tour prior to doing the southbound, you could be quite weary.

Edited by Ttynd8
  • Thanks 1