Some Celebrity Humor - Drink Package

dresterj

I figured the Cruise Critic board members would find some humor in this experience. When I booked my upcoming cruise on Silhouette, I got the All Included package. After downloading my Xpress Pass, I saw “CALL” under packages. I interpreted it as I needed to call because there was a problem with my package. I called my travel agency and explained to the agent what I was seeing. Thus, the agent called  Celebrity who confirmed that my package was showing in the system. However, neither explained that “CALL” was actually the name of my package. It was only after searching Cruise Critic that I learned the CALL and PALL (I plan to upgrade to this) titles. I should have come here first!

• Haha 16

Perhaps adding to your humor, I refer to these packages as “premium alcoholic” and “classic alcoholic”. Normally i just get the premium non-alcoholic package unless it’s very deep discounts since I don’t drink much… but my wife is definitely an alcoholic 😉

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dresterj said:

I figured the Cruise Critic board members would find some humor in this experience. When I booked my upcoming cruise on Silhouette, I got the All Included package. After downloading my Xpress Pass, I saw “CALL” under packages. I interpreted it as I needed to call because there was a problem with my package. I called my travel agency and explained to the agent what I was seeing. Thus, the agent called  Celebrity who confirmed that my package was showing in the system. However, neither explained that “CALL” was actually the name of my package. It was only after searching Cruise Critic that I learned the CALL and PALL (I plan to upgrade to this) titles. I should have come here first!

Cruise critic members are actually more informed than most of the Celebrity agents I've had to deal with.  At times I've had to call when my CVP is not available and have been getting incorrect information. 

Sorry to ask a question I'm has been answered before!

How do you upgrade myself from CALL to PALL, whilst the wife stays with CALL?

Looking at "manage my booking" I can only add the packages but can't see an upgrade option!

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Esprit said:

Sorry to ask a question I'm has been answered before!

How do you upgrade myself from CALL to PALL, whilst the wife stays with CALL?

Looking at "manage my booking" I can only add the packages but can't see an upgrade option!

Thanks 

If you booked yourself direct with Celebrity call them.

If you booked through a TA, call your TA and have them do it. 

Or, wait until you board, go to which bar you think you will frequent the most and do the upgrade there.  The Bar tender will love you for doing that as they get credit for you doing the upgrade. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 4:49 AM, Smmessineo said:

I like to think of CALL and PALL as a goal... Premium ALL the drinks. Just yesterday, I was looking at Equinox menus and wondering if it's feasible to try every cocktail from every bar menu......🤔

Definitely a goal to be striven for. Make sure you're early to rise and late to bed to allow for maximum opportunity. Cheers!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This new fixation with deciphering item codes from the invoice is uhhh...time consuming....to say the least   for those of us on the receiving end 🤔. I really wish they would just hide them. The actual rate code is all that really matters. 

The CALL code that shows the drink package on my xpress boarding pass was helpful, otherwise we would have been fighting it on the ship.  Somewhere in their system there was an error.  Glad to see it now instead of wasting vacation time at customer service.

Sailing on a Holland American cruise next spring and I would love the Celebrity drink plan.  HAL has done such a terrible job at explaining and promoting the plans they have.  Secondly, the Signature plan only allow 15 drinks per day which include water, coffees, etc.  The Elite plan also has a 15 drink daily limit, but excludes non alcoholic drinks towards the 15 per day limit.  On elite upgrade, it is just under $12 more per day and then they list a few drinks and a few brands of scotch and 1-2 other spirits.  I was wanting Grey Goose for my volka martini's and no one can tell me if it in available under either plan.   And you cannot upgrade prior to sailing.  You have to do it once onboard and I am told before you get any drink.

Enough of this complaining,  wish I were on HAL, Celebrity, or RCL  My complaining could be drunk away.

• Haha 1

I actually have a question about this... I'm a first time X cruiser. My boarding pass has both CALL and PALL on it. Is that correct? I paid to upgrade from the Classic package that came with my AI. I just don't want to get to the bar and be told I have the classic package.

I’m worried as I upgraded to the Premium package and after two calls it’s still only says CALL. They did send me two emails with my upgrade but I’m scared that once onboard and because my pass says still say  CALL I might have to spend time at the customer desk. 

Sea ya 

‘Eric 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

This new fixation with deciphering item codes from the invoice is uhhh...time consuming....to say the least   for those of us on the receiving end 🤔. I really wish they would just hide them. The actual rate code is all that really matters. 

Instead of putting codes on the card, they should put it in plain English which package you have.  You should not need the CruiseCritic secret decoder ring.

7 minutes ago, nimiq said:

I’m worried as I upgraded to the Premium package and after two calls it’s still only says CALL. They did send me two emails with my upgrade but I’m scared that once onboard and because my pass says still say  CALL I might have to spend time at the customer desk. 

Sea ya 

‘Eric 

Wait to be scared when they cancel your cruise.  Hopefully never.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Funny I couldn’t figure it out either but checked here on Cruise Critic and got my answer. Wouldn’t just printing Classic or Premium on your card be clearer? Just a thought!

Thanks to all!

Ah yes.  But that would probably be too easy and save too much confusion 🙂 🙂🙂 

I do trust that all of us who have concerns about our Sea Pass reflecting the correct package, accordingly...

I have had this challenge once or twice in the past and it takes no time to get it changed, especially if you bring a print out showing the package paid and received when booking AND going in an off time at Guest Relations...

It gets sorted out, painlessly, IME...

Better it is correct upon boarding, yet quickly corrected...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 5:51 AM, drakes2 said:

Cruise critic members are actually more informed than most of the Celebrity agents I've had to deal with.  At times I've had to call when my CVP is not available and have been getting incorrect information. 

This doesn't surprise me, no one is smarter than the people on CC.  Just ask us.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

How soon before a cruise will you see the classic to premium upgrade online?  I think both pax on cabin must upgrade?

No, unlike Royal Caribbean, Celebrity will allow one passenger to upgrade.  

On 11/5/2022 at 4:49 AM, Smmessineo said:

I like to think of CALL and PALL as a goal... Premium ALL the drinks. Just yesterday, I was looking at Equinox menus and wondering if it's feasible to try every cocktail from every bar menu......🤔

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess. Go for it!